Joining a club

Winter's Sonata

 

 

“It’s that guy.” Minseok whispered to me pointing towards the direction that the new kid was standing. Looking to see exactly what he was talking about I saw him. The boy I meet on the bus. I stared at him in shock.

“Good morning class, here’s our new student. He’s from the science school in Seoul.” Shim Voldamin explained causing everyone to let out awes in astonishment. “and his name is-“

“Kim JongIn.” The new boy now known as JongIn said cutting off Shim Voldemin.

“Oh, yes, right. JongIn.” Shim Voldemin said repeating what Kai had just said.

“Class, I would like for you to welcome him. How about a big round of applause?” Mister shim said as everyone in the class started to clap. I saw some girls giving him sweet eyes while others just glared at him.

“You can take the empty seat at the back.” Shim Voldemin said pointing to the back. JongIn walked there slowly trying to avoid tripping by the cluster of people. ‘What’s so perfect about him, he’s just like any other person. I don’t see anything to like or be jealous of. Or maybe that’s just me.’ I thought as I begun to sneak glances at him throughout the whole class period.

“Isn’t he handsome?” Kyungsoo ask me during lunch hours leaning onto my chair a smirk on his face.

“Who?” I asked playing dumb as I looking around the class to see who he was talking about.

“Yah, stop playing dumb. You know exactly what I’m talking about.” Kyungsoo said slapping me lightly.

“No, I really don’t.” I said looking at him in confusion.

“Idiot, I’m talking about the one you were just staring at. That JongIn boy.” Kyungsoo said finally getting tired of me ignoring the question. After hearing what he said everyone turned to face us.

“Kyungsoo’s right Luhan. You were staring and, it was pretty obvious to. You looked love struck.” Chanyeol said adding on to what Do said.

“Bwah, I didn’t, I wasn’t.” I said stuttering at what he just assumed I was doing.

“Luhan is that true. I mean he’s not really anything special.” Minseok spoke up looking at me in curiosity.

“I wonder what someone like you could consider special. Who out of that group of boys do you consider special.” Kyungsoo said putting humor in his voice. Minseok tried to take a discreet glance at Jong Dae (Chen) but failed miserably. Looking at the direction Minseok looked we all started to laugh uncontrollably.

“Really, Minseok, really.” I said pushing him a little.

“Anyway, stay away from Jongin. He’s mine.” Kyungsoo said getting us back on the topic he started. I only rolled my eyes at his racket. Hearing ruckus from the other side of the room I looked up to ignore Kyungsoo only to see Jongin leaving followed by Sehun. Getting up I followed after them ignoring Kyungsoo’s request to stay put. Walking out the room I noticed Sehun standing there with the notebook of extra-curricular activities. ‘So that’s why he left. I might as well try my luck.” I said walking to Sehun and taking the notebook. He looked at me in confusion before understanding what I was about to do.

“Jongin” I shouted running after him. He continued to walk a few more steps and turned around only when I called his name a third time.

“Umm, Jongin would you like to join one of the extra credit activities. If you’d like theirs a math club, scien-.” I was about to finish my sentence just when Jongin interrupted me.

“Would you send a pro basketball player to play basketball with minors?” Jongin questioned me. I shook my head no. It was obvious why not. If he played with them he would basically get all the credit so I see why not.

“Then how about some others. There’s the chess club, the basketball team, beta club, the debating team.” I continued to go on until he finally stopped me.

“What club is he in?” Jongin questioned pointing towards Sehun. I looked to Sehun and then to Jongin.

“We’ll he’s in the radio club with me, Kyungsoo and the others.” I said confused as to why he asked.
“I would like to be in that group then.” Jongin said smirking before walking away. I looked back at Sehun shrugging when he looked at me in confusion.