The Garden That Holds Our Memories

The Garden That Holds Our Memories

 

I sighed as I remember my 21st birthday, tears were now rolling down my cheeks. That was the best, and worst of all my memories. I looked up to the sky, seeing the clouds forming odd shapes and slowly moving. I breathed in deeply, trying to inhale the breeze that hit my body. I brought out my iPod which was on my pocket and plugged in my earphones, pressing a random song. A tune started to play and more tears started falling as I realize the title. "Let Me Hear Your Voice"  I mumbled as I bury my head once again, succumbing to the music while another memory runs to my head.

 

*Flashback*

It was the day after my best birthday and I was cleaning in the kitchen, humming a random tune as I put away all the used plates and washed them. I rinsed them and placed them back in the cupboards when my phone rang from my room. I wiped my hands on my apron, smiling as I went to the room and got my phone. I opened it and saw a text from TOP. 

From: <3
"Jagi~, Are you busy today?"  
How cute can he ever be?

From: Jin Yeon
"I'm cleaning the house. But I'm gonna be done in a few minutes. Why?"

From: <3
"Oh, if you're done then can you go here at our dorm? I wanna take you somewhere."  
Somewhere? Hmm.

From: Jin Yeon
"Hmm. Okay then. :)"

From: <3
"Love you. <3"  
Aww. He's just too sweet.

From: Jin Yeon
"Love you too. <3"

I put my phone back down as I grinned, thinking to myself how lucky I was to have him. I whispered a small "Hwaiting" to myself as I continue on the house work. After an hour and a half, I was finally done as I got to my room and slumped on the bed, panting a bit. I sat up, remembering what he texted a while ago. I got my towel and headed to the showers for a nice, cold bath. Moments after immersing myself in cold water, I got out and prepared myself to go to their dorm. I dressed myself in a yellow, flowy dress as I let my hair down and put a bit of mascara, some powder and lip gloss on my face. I stuffed my purse, picked my phone up and got on my flats. I took a look at myself one last time on the mirror and headed to the door. I stopped and thought if I have forgotten anything and found none. I got my keys and walked out my apartment. I locked the door and looked for a ride. I got my earphones and played his song "Turn It Up", meltng to his voice. Soon, I found a cab and got on my way to their dorm. I got there and pressed the door bell. I smiled as I waited for anyone to open. the door clicked open and reavealed TOP in a white shirt with a jacket. "Wow." I smiled at him, complimenting his look. "Thanks. You look beautiful." He said, his deep voice ringing to my ears. I blushed as I bit my lip lightly.  "You ready to go?" He asked, his hand intertwining with mine as I nodded in response. 

He led my to his car, opening the door for me. The action made my heart flutter in happiness and I got in. He sat at the driver's seat and soon we were already in our way. "Hey. Where are you toaking me?" I asked, feling anxious about it. "It's a beautiful place. My favorite and soon will be yours too." He smiled, his eyes on the road. I just sighed at his answer and waited. "We're here." He informed as I got ready. He got out and opened the door for, being the gentleman that he was. He asked my to close my eyes until he said so. I complied, holding onto hin in case I step on something. "Open your eyes now." He said. I did what I was told and a pathway was in front of us. I smiled at him, telling him how beautiful it was. "There's still more." He said as we walked to the pathway. We got to the other end of it and I stopped in my tracks. It was a garden full of flowers around and a tree in the middle. He smiled at me and walked to the bench, leaving me as I take in the beauty of this place. I lingered my eyes around, noticing that he wasn't already beside me. I looked for him and saw him sitting coolly by the bench. I joined with him as I sat next to him, leaning my head to his shoulder. "It's so beautiful." I said, looking up to him, a warm smile on my face. He just smiled at me, looking up to the sky. "If I were to change into something else, what would it be?" He asked me. I thought deeply and gave him an answer. "You'd be... a river. You're free-flowing and you take things your own pace." I said. "Hmm. For me, I'd be the sky. Calm and happy." He said, admiring the clouds passing by. "Jagi, If I would die, I want to be buried here. And I want you to look up to the sky when you remember me." He said, looking deeply into my eyes. "Okay, but that'll take time as you're going to be with me forever." I said, my hand grabbing his. 

We stayed there for a couple of hours before going back. I looked back at the tree and a piece played in my ears, my earphones still there as I temporarily forgot about them. I smiled as I got back to the car with TOP. He opened my door again and I stepped in. He also got in and we headed for a restaurant nearby. We had our dinner there and enjoyed its warm ambiance. Once we were done, he drove me home. I wanted to stay with him longer, but time wasn't in our hands. I bid him goodbye as I gave him a peck in his cheeks, making him blush but was hardly noticeable since it was already dark. He waited for me to go inside before starting his car and made his way back to their dorm, which was quite far from here. I got my keys and opened the door, leaving my flats and got inside. I went straight my room to change. I sat on the bed and placed my purse on my table when I accidentally pushed our picture frame. I heard a glass break and looked down, seeing our picture broken. I got nervous as I remember those scenes from movies that when something breaks, something bad happens to the person or to the one close to her. I immediately thought about TOP and prayed that nothing would happen. I got changed into a shirt and a pair of shorts when my phone rang. "Yoboseyo?" I asked, my voice quivering with fear. After a few moments, the caller hung up and felt felt her energy drain as my knees gave in. I didn't expect something like this to happen, since we just had a nice day earlier. The caller, which was Daesung, told me that he was in the hospital. "His life's in danger now. Please come here.". Daesung's words rang into my head as I immediately got out of the house and ran to the hospital. On my way, I saw where the crash happened and the scene just made me burst into tears. I stopped for a while, catching my breath before contnuing. I got to the hospital and quickly looked for his room. I saw Daesung and GD leaning on the wall as I ran into them, asking them the whole thing. They explained it to me slowly, as more tears ran to my face. "We're now waiting for the doctor to come out for any results." Daesung said as Seungri and Taeyang rushed to us, asking the same question. I mentally slapped myself, thinking it was all my fault. "He'll be fine. It's not your fault Yeonnie.." Gd said calmly as he rubbed my back. I leaned my body to him as I felt all the blood escape my body. 

After a few grueling minutes, the doctor finally came out. We were hoping he'd say something like "He's fine now" but we saw a frown on his face as he approached us, making us all anxious and worried. He slowly explained to us that he's in a coma and his life is in danger as something pierced through his heart and that if it was removed, he would most likely die. I cried as I heard all the details. I rushed inside to see TOP laying on the bed, his eyes closed, an oxygen mask on his mouth and a life support onto him. I cried as I slowly went closer to him, thinking of all possible things that could happen, including death. I sat beside his bed, holding his hand as I whispered some words to him. The guys came in and surrounded him, all of them with worried looks on their faces. 

A few minutes passed and I felt him move. I immediately told the guys who were drinking coffee outside. We then rushed back in and saw TOP with his eyes open. "You're alive.." I mumbled as we hug him. He smiled and motioned me to come near him. I did and he whispered something in my ears. "I love you." He whispered as I slowly went back to my original position, smiling to him. He also did the same tp the guys, whispering some things through his oxygen mask. We were all relaxing and encouraging him that he'd get better soon when we heard contnuous beeps coming from the machine next to him. Seungri ran and quickly got the doctor as we tried to help him with anything. The doctor came and got his nurses to work. We stood by the side as the nurses were trying their best to get his heartbeat back to normal, while we were watching him, his life slowly fading away. I turned my back as I prayed hard that everything would get better. In a few more minutes, we heard a long beep, signifying us of what we had feared the most. "I'm so sorry. His body was having internal bleeding caused by the metal that pierced through his heart. The blood then started clotting on his veins, cutting off all the oxygen and blood that was supposed to return to his heart. We tried our best. I'm very sorry." He said as the nurses fixed their things and sadly left the room to us. We all crying, sniffs could be heard all around as we were all shocked of his sudden death. I slowly crept up to him and hugged him tight. "I love you too.." I repeated to him, hoping that he'd him me although it was already impossible. The guys then gave in, leaning on the wall as they cried their hearts out, sad for losing one of their dearest friends. Soon I stopped crying as my eyes were already dry as I sighed deeply and smiled for him one last time, knowing that he's in a better place right now.

*end of flashback*

 

I wiped the final tears that dropped down as I stood up and walked behind the tree. Slowly, I walked closer as I found his grave, resting under the historic tree. I got down and smiled at him, plucked the nearest flower and placed it on his grave. Taking a deep breath, I whispered. "It's been two years already. I hope you're doing good up there. Me, I'm fine. At least I think so. But anyways, I miss you." I said, running my fingers on his engraved name. "Choi Seunghyun.." Mumbling as I look up to the sky, remembering what he told me. "I love you. Forever."