The Best Birthday Ever

The Garden That Holds Our Memories

 

I parked my car at an available empty space. I got out to be greeted by a pathway that leads to a beautiful garden. It surrounded by different kinds of colorful flowers and a big tree in the middle, acting as the supposed-to-be center of attraction if not for all those flowers around. "It hasn't changed a bit." I thought as a tear flowed down from my eye, past memories of this garden rushing to me. I took a deep breath before walking and sitting on the bench by the tree, resting under its leaves. I lifted my legs and curled up as I bury my face in my knees, reminiscing the happy memories we had.

 

*flashback*

I was in my fairly wide apartment, lying on my couch while flipping the television to different channels when I heard a knock on the door. I lazily got up and walked to the door, wondering who it might be. Instead of someone, I found a black van standing in front. Seeing the car made me feel nervous all of a sudden to who it was. I slowly took steps closer to the car, cautious. I stopped in front of it, looking for signs of a person inside. Little did I know that someone already sneaked inside my house. I sighed in relief when I found no one inside the car. I stayed outside for a while, leaning on the door of the car. I felt the breeze brush past me as I looked up to the sky. It took me quite a few minutes out there before walking back. I was already in front of the door when my imaginations played with me saying that someone is inside my house, ready to pounce on me the second I get inside that door. I gulped, my thoughts taking over me as my hand reached for the handle, twisting it. The door creaked open with nothing but darkness and complete silence. All windows were closed and covered by curtains. The television which I left open was also shut off. I felt a shiver run to my spine as I walked inside. I reached the interior when the door clicked close. I was about to turn to its direction when I felt a bare hand cover my mouth. I froze on the spot until the person whispered something to me, a deep voice telling me “Sshh. You’ll be fine.”  My eyes widened as I recognized the voice. Before I could even mutter anything, the lights switched back on and revealed five guys, one who was behind me. I stood there in shock as the hand which was on my mouth moved, now hugging my waist. I came back to reality when they greeted me with a loud “Happy Birthday Jin Yeonnie!!!”.

Balloons and streamers were everywhere and a big tarpaulin hanged on the walls with the same words on it, making me tear in happiness. The person behind me then released his arms from my waist, rejoining his friends in front of me. All of them shouted together “BIGBANG IMNIDA!” as they all beamed a knowing smile in their faces. “GD, Daesung, Taeyang, Seungri and … Jagi.” I mumbled as I ran into them, pulling all in a group hug. Even I myself forgot that it was my birthday. They released me and led me to my kitchen, letting me see my favorite foods on the table. Carbonara, marshmallows and even chocolate were present. We all sat down as I get some plates and distributed it to them. We then started digging in to the food they brought. We were happily chatting until another knock came on my door. I excused myself as I got to the door, opening it. "Happy Birthday!!" My female friends screamed at me, holding a fairly sized box as I let them inside. I introduced them to the guys and soon enough, the girls were at the table, eating and talking about random things. GD stood up and cleared his throat, getting our attention. "Hey, we have something to give to you, Jin Yeon." He said, making all the other four stand up and go to the living room. I followed them with my gaze but I couldn't see what it was because of their bodies. Soon enough, the guys came back motioned for me to follow. I stood up and was about to walk when TOP covered my eyes. I sighjed deeply as I started making my way with the help of the girls. A few walks and we reached the living room, only to hear gasps from my female friends with my eyes still covered. Daesung then counted to three and TOP released his hand, revealing a blue electric guitar on the couch. I gasped and was at a loss for words. "You guys.." I said as I slowly walked to the shining object. "We bought it for you." Seungri said, grinning sheepishly. TOP went beside me and hugged my waist, making the girls squeal with delight. "Do you like it?" asked Taeyang who was eagerly waiting for me response. "Are you kidding me?! I love it!" I said as I pull them all for another group hug, saying how much Iove it and that I'll take care of it. After a few moments, I called the girls to join in with us for a big group hug. We all broke from the hug, laughing at the awkwardness.

Suddenly, one of my girl friends called my attention, leading me to my room. She opened it for me as I stop in my tracks, seeing all the pictures stuck on the wall across my bed in the shape of a heart and my friends leaning on that wall, smiling. As I got near to it, happy memories of them rushed to me as I pull them into another hug. We broke out when the guys entered and wanted to join for the hug, leaving them dumbfounded. They turned their attention to the wall covered in pitures as I laugh at their reactions. I called them to go back to the kitchen and finish eating when I saw TOP sitting on the chair by the table, a cake beside him. I run to him as he caught me in his arms, lifting my chin up to give me a little peck on my lips. The girls and boys were shouting like mad people as I pull them all to share this cake. It was a two tiered square cake with a mini me and a mini TOP standing side by side, holding hands. It also had a note, greeting me with a "Happy 21st Birthday Jagiya.  As I look at the cake closer, I saw a little writing at the back saying "I Love You Jin Yeon - by your one and only Jagiya." I looked to him knowingly as he rubbed his neck, feeling shy. I then got a knife as they assembled in the table. I cut it and gave each on a slice. I took a bite from TOP's slice and jumped in happiness as I tasted my favorite flavor. I smiled as they looked at me with a big grin on their faces. "Thank you guys so much. This has been my best birthday ever." I said as wiped a tear from my face, making them all shout "AWW~" all together. I sat down with them as we celebrated the day with smiles and a happy aura around us.

*End Of Flashback*