Chapter Two

A Game Called Jealousy

     "Donghae! How'd it go..." Eeteuk trailed off seeing the younger in such a bad mood. Heechul must've caught it also, because the spoon that was occupying his mouth was slowly slipping out until his teeth were the only thing holding it from falling to the ground. 

     "I take it it didn't go well?" Heechul asked, realizing the utensil's position and removing it. He watched as Donghae let out a sigh and poured some tea into a mug and trudge over to the table where he sat down. Eeteuk and Heechul looked at each other before following him over, also sitting down at the longer table. 

     "Did something happen between you two?" Eeteuk asked, always worrying about everyone's problems but his own. Donghae only shrugged, not feeling the energy to do anything. Heechul, however, let out an agitated noise and snatched Donghae's tea away from his rather harshly, causing Donghae to look up in surprise.

     "Answer us," he said, obviously not good in these sort of touching situations. He and Hankyung never had this problem. 

     Donghae looked at the two of them before slumping his head down onto his forearm. "Answer?" he asked, his voice rather monotone. "I didn't know there was a question."

     "Donghae, did Eunhyuk reject you?" Heechul asked rather bluntly. Eeteuk gave him a look and kicked him under the table, causing the diva to flinch in surprise. "Ow-"

     "If you don't want to tell us, we'll understand-"

     "Wait! I still want to know-"

     "I'll understand," Eeteuk corrected, placing a hand on Donghae's shoulder. Donghae let out another sigh. 

     "Hyuk has a girl friend," he said in the same tone as before. Eeteuk and Heechul looked at each other before looking back at the depressed fish. 

     "Since when?"

     "Since a few hours ago. She's still there if you want to meet her. I can't say our greeting was such a polite-"

     "I'll kill him," Heechul mumbled, standing up from the table and walking to the dancer's door. He knocked on it, and waited for a response. None came. He knocked again, figuring he should give them some privacy. And again, no response came. "Damn it, Hyukjae, open the door," he snapped, banging his fist on it. 

     "It's open!" the owner called from inside. Heechul jiggled the handle, but it wouldn't budge. 

     "Uh, no it's not," he retorted, jiggling the handle harder for emphasis. A groan was heard from inside the room before a few footsteps were made in order to open the door. 

     "What?" Eunhyuk asked slightly irritated. Heechul ignored his question and peeked around his shoulder, looking into the room for a source of a female.

     Eunhyuk, however, stepped in front of Heechul's view, blocking any source of information available. He gave a pushing look, raising both of his eyebrows.

     "Who is she?"

     "Who is who?"

     "She! You're girl friend of a few hours!" 

     "She left."

     "Without me getting to meet her? How rude-"

     "It's midnight. Can we discuss this later?" Eunhyuk asked, not bothering to get an answer before closing the door.

     Eunhyuk didn't like this. He didn't like having to bring Hyoyeon to wherever she wanted, or tell her she was pretty when she wore a ridiculous outfit when going out. He couldn't help but think that Donghae would never act this way. Around Donghae, they could say whatever and the other wouldn't even mind. But, things were different now. And not in the good way. Eunhyuk just wanted to quit this stupid game he was playing, but he also couldn't let Donghae get away with cheating like that. What felt like forever in this madness was really only a few weeks.

     “Do you think this dress is good on me?” Hyoyeon asked, walking out in the nth dress upon entering the store.

     Eunhyuk, his arms slung over the couch back, looked the dress up in down. It was one of the same dresses used when he cross dressed awhile back. That ugly Chinese one. Why the girl would even chose that outfit was a mystery to him.

     But he just nodded after a few moments of silent and gave her a fake smile, thanking his blonde hair for covering up his eyes at this point. “I think you look beautiful in all of these dresses. But, why are we shopping for clothes? Don't you have enough already?”

     The girl laughed and jumped on the couch next to her boyfriend. She leaned against him, placing a hand on his chest. “Silly. I told you!”

     “Oh, that's right. Because you're going to...” he trailed off, trying to remember what the girl had said.

     “You're too funny, Hyukjae. I'm going to China as a vacation for a few weeks. I still think you should come.”

     “Oh, right,” Eunhyuk said, feeling a little irritable that she would just throw out his first name like that. “I have activities with Super Junior. I-”

     “Can't. I know the story, honey,” Hyoyeon said, giving a small sigh. “Well, I'm done in here. You brought money, right?”

     “Yeah. Why?”

     “Does it look like I have money on me?” she asked, a little smile on her face.

     I thought I got out of this when I stopped hanging out with Donghae. “All right, grab the dresses you chose and let's go home.

 

     To say that the jealousy idea was working was an understatement. It was working a little too well. Not only had Eunhyuk been sure to make the fact that he and the dancer were having a wonderful time (if you catch my drift) obvious, but he also made sure to spend less time with his best friend more and more.

     However, after a few weeks of so-called 'dating' Hyoyeon, Eunhyuk was getting a little tired of lying to the girl. The girl always made sure to tell Eunhyuk that she loved him, or something of that sorts, but that was awkward for Eunhyuk to even think of replying. Because, to say it back would only add on to the already oversized lie.

     And, not only was the lies stressing him out, but seeing his best friend's hurt face each time he and his 'girlfriend' walked out of their room, their hair tussled, killed Eunhyuk. The lost and hurt look in the fish hurt Eunhyuk so much, that he wanted to run up and hug him, apologizing for everything. But he had to stay strong if he was going to show his friend just how much it hurt to be cheated on...even if they weren't really going out.