In The End [PART I]

Mr. Choi's Bar

-8PM

I wasn't sure that tonight would be a good night, but I needed to believe everything was going to be okay. The bar was now clean, everyone was wearing their most fancy clothes, Jiyong had smoked several cigarettes, Youngbae was practicing on his piano and Seungri was already annoying me: well, all the staff was ready now. It was THE Night and we couldn’t fail now.

“Youngbae! Could you play these songs tonight?” I heard Bom whispering to the pianist. She was wonderful tonight, wearing a black sequin dress with red heels. Her red long curls were softly falling over her bare shoulders. The dress clung to her every curve and the shallow V that exposed her neck and collar bone tempted me even more. A silver locket was nestled perfectly on her chest and I had to fight the urge not to take it in my fingers! But I couldn’t… And she was going to leave for Japan… Gosh, it was frustrated, why did she only tell me this yesterday? Now all I wanted was spending time with her, because she wouldn’t be with me next week. So I voluntary untied my bow tie without her seeing me and I walked towards her on stage, pretending not to know how to fix it.

“Aish, it’s really difficult!” I pouted making her look at me. She just smiled at my childishness and she stepped forward, took the two ends of my bow tie and began to tie it. I watched her, amazed; I could feel the warmth of her body teasing my own. My gaze lowered to her lips and I felt the unsettling urge to be closer to them. I leaned closer involuntary. She was intoxicating. I felt her fingers brushing my throat and our eyes immediately locked and time stood still for what seemed like eternity. Her eyes were so bright and sad at the same time. I could see all the love she had for me but also a part of guiltiness. I don’t know why but It looked like it would be the last time I could see them and I left nostalgic. I felt like crying. Then she lowered her hands, bow tie perfect, and began to step backwards. I released a breath that I hadn't realized I was holding. I hadn’t expected to be this shattered after this.

At this moment, someone entered the bar and surprisingly it wasn’t one of our invitees. It was Daesung, followed by Minji.

“Hi g-guys…” he whispered lowering his head, his hands in his pockets. I shook my head and came back to the reality.

“What are you doing here, I’ve fired you!” I shouted, “You traitor!”

“Seunghyun oppa, please calm down! Actually I called him to help you!” Minji stood up behind me and Daesung.

“We don’t need him!” I retorted

“Yes, you need him! You’re only two waiters tonight, you need him! Maybe he betrayed you but… I think he’s not someone bad! Someone just tricked him, Jay Park! He’s not working with him anymore!”

“Really? You’ve left him?” I asked raising my eyebrow

“Neh, I’m jobless. I miss a lot guys! Even you Chaerin and Bom noona. I’m sorry if I was mean with you… You know I don’t trust someone easily. But you’re my friends now.” He declared.

“Aish, no need to say these stupid things, we’re not in a drama!” Jiyong suddenly shouted harshly as he stood up from his sit and walked slowly toward Daesung, “Daesung, You’ve to work hard tonight!” he finally added smirking

“Of course hyung!” Daesung shouted back. So now we were complete again.

 

-9PM

“So, you’re working in this honky-tonk bar? Well, it ing bro!” Hyunseung shouted as he sprawled on the counter, a glass of vodka in his hand. Actually there were already a lot of people  and there was a lot of noise! Most of the people were celebreties and some photographer were invited too in order to promote the bar in South Korea.

“And I think you’re drunk! Get out from here, I don’t want you to ruin the night!” I whispered quickly in his ear but the latter just laughed even more.

“At least there are pretty girls singing! Oh, you’re dating this one doesn’t it?” he mumbled pointing his finger to the stage.

 

Love is painful although love is painful.
Repeating like a fool. That’s what I always do.
But pain is beautiful. It’s same as you.

Hope turns into disappointment. Wish turns into despair.
 

I quickly turned my face toward the stage and I stared at Chaerin whilst she was singing, forgetting about everyone else in the room. Tonight she had her blonde hair down, but slightly curled at the ends, and heavily dolled-up eyes, but natural lip-gloss. To the guys in the bar, she must have looked like a goddess, yeah I was lucky. To the females, she was the person they all wanted to be. I didn’t know where she had found all this swag and this stubbornness on stage, she was something! Her eyes caught mines and I could see she was uneasy visibly. But she never took her eyes off of me. Her glare was intense, fierce as if she was reproaching me what happened earlier. Her voice wasn't deep or high it was right in the middle, perfect for this song as the words were never truer in her life as she finally closed her eyes.

 

As love deepened, pain deepened more
Illusion or expectation that this time, it’ll be different.
eventually, how many years have passed, there is no “forever”.
eventually, We’re not meant to be, become alone again.
barely, barely, barely, I thought I finally found my love.
eventually, eventually, It’s ended again like this.

 

I realized the words spoke to my dead heart. For a moment I thought it was actually beating now. I realized I was really an idiot, she never deserved an awful boyfriend like me. Seeing her and hearing her, I wanted to rush up to the stage and just hold her, apologize to her but I couldn’t right now.

“Neh, hum… I need to work, see you” I cleared my throat and quickly walked through the room as I tore my gaze from Chaerin. 

“Hey bro, do you have some tequilas for my friends?” I heard Teddy calling me. He was sitting at a table with some of his friends, Kush, Tablo, Dok2 and Psy.

“Of course! So what’s up man?” I high fived him cheerfully

“Well, I’m just producing, composing songs... And I’m also going to L.A. next month… Need to see Will.I.Am you know. He’s a good friend of mine” He stated nonchalantly

“You’re kinda busy, I envy you… Hum, Listen, I need you to make me a favor. You see this girl?” I showed him Chaerin on stage, “What do you thing about her?”

“Errr, okay… She’s kinda gorgeous, she has some swag and her voice is suave. Oh and look at her boo…” he was fixing her, a erted smile on his face

“Hyung! So she’s great, isn’t she? You think she could sing in your company?” I sat up and came closer to him

“Bro, you know it’s not the first time I hear about her… Everyone’s saying she’s great and all but you know too well that she will never be a professional. She’ll only perform on this stage!” he shook his head

“Hyung, I wouldn’t ask you this if she wasn’t important to me! And I know she’s determined too.” I added.

“YGE only produces its trainees. Young boys, young girls… She’s too old, I’m sorry bro.” he declared impassible while drinking his vodka.

“Aish, could you at least speak with your boss…” I insisted again but I could see it was irritated him,

“Jiyong! I’ve said no!” he sighed looking at me with cold eyes. I shouldn’t argue with him right now because it was an important night, but I really cared for Chaerin so…

“You’re a bastard Teddy!” I shouted hitting the table with my fist surprising some people around us.

“Calm down Ji, it’s not my fault!” he rested his hand on my shoulder trying to calm me but I quickly stood up.

“You’re missing something Hyung! You want young chicks? Great, do what you want but they’ll never match Chaerin! I know your boss listens to you and always does what you say so please! Do it for Chaerin, it’s her dream!” I begged

“Okay… I’ll listen to her tonight, but if she makes a mistake, just one mistake, I’ll not promote her. And you’ll never ask me this favor again.”

“Thanks hyung!” I sighed relieved. I was doing my best to help Chaerin because I still wanted to see her singing on a stage while looking at me, like tonight.

 

-10:30PM

My father finally arrived, he had to be late tonight! Gosh, and what? He had brought his new fiancée? She had my age! Okay, breathe deeply, I’m fine, everything’s fine, I’m Choi Seunghyun and my girlfriend is Park Bom! Okay, I’m ready!

“Hi father, good to see you!” I exclaimed trying to be cheerful but my father seemed to be emotionless. He looked around in the bar and waved at some paparazzis quickly.

“Hi Seunghyun, you look really happy, even knowing that this bar is in bankrupt! I learnt that someone stole you too, how can this happen?” he asked me as he sat at a table, his fiancée next to him.

“I-it was nothing… Yeah it will never happen again! And we’re not ruined anymore dad, we’re making benefices now!” I declared sitting in front of him.

“Thanks to your cousin.” My father retorted. Ouch, it hurts!

“Thanks to the entire staff dad.” I sighed, yeah we were a team!

“Oh, you hired singers… It’s smart, really smart. It was your idea?” All this time he hadn’t looked at me, ignoring my presence but there he finally fixed his eyes on me, an amused stare on his face.

“Yes.” I declared self-confident

“Good, so you’re not totally idiot! You could be a good businessman son, maybe one day you’ll become the CEO of the company…”

“Really? Thanks dad!” he surprised me tonight, it was the first time he had spoken about it in front of me.

“But you have to finish the year, remember? So who are these girls?” he changes the subject quickly and my happiness vanished.

“Oh, I have to introduce you my girlfriend, well my fiancée! She’s the one on the right!” I showed him Bom. I was glad to introduce her.

“Pretty, good choice son. And her name?” he asked, he really wanted to know everything!

“Her name is Park Bom.”

“Park?!” he replied incredulous as if I’d said a vulgarity in front of him

“What’s wrong dad?” I asked surprised.

“I remember her. I can remember her father too. This man was really smart, a bit introverted and too sensitive. Just like your mother. And he was a manipulator too. Really, this guy was my friend and he’s flirted with your mother! It’s his fault if she’s dead actually!” my dad explained a bit nervous.

“Dad, are you only saying this lies because you don’t want me to see her?” I tried to calm down after what my father had said on my fiancée’s father.

“We weren’t in good terms your mother and I, you knew that, and Park just thought he could take advantage of this! This night, she called him and I know he told her to rejoin him, leaving me. And abandoning you. She left but there was a storm this night and she had this accident, just one mile away from our house. He hates me too, that’s why he’ll never approve you.”

 “Dad… I don’t want to speak about it right now, I’m fine with her and I don’t care about her father!” I stood up disgusting

“You’re my son... You're a Choi... And you’ll never be part of the Park’s family. Never.”

 

-11PM

“I’m so lonely, lonely, lonely…” I was hissing quietly while I was cleaning some glasses. It was a good night, I saw a lot of idols like the Girls Generation but they weren’t touched by my charms unfortunately…  They didn’t know what they were missing! I saw Teddy Park, Leeteuk, Song Joong Ki, IU (she's so cute by the way), Eunhyuk... I saw Seunghyun hyung’s father too, this man was really impressive and… Scary! But Hyung didn’t seem to be impressed by him as he quickly explained him how the bar was going, like a real businessman! They also spoke about Bom noona.

Well, I was feeling bad for him… Poor hyung. Actually earlier this day, after I had cleaned the toilets (I’ll never do this again!), I’d decided to relax in the vip room, but I didn’t know the girls where there! I didn’t want to interrupt their goodbyes so I stay a bit away at the door, waiting. But you know I have a good … and I heard a lot of things. Things, I don’t think I should know… But it wasn’t my fault, I never wanted to be a spy! I heard Bom noona was hyung’s sister. Neh, it shocked me … Plus, I heard she wasn’t going to come back from Japan. Hyung will really be depressed. Or mad, I didn’t know. Aigoo, usually I keep my secrets for myself but here this secret was too big and I really loved my hyung, I had to prevent him from all this!

“Seungri! Oih Seungri! Are you dreaming?” someone shouted at me interrupted my thoughts. I blinked twice and I saw Jay Park smiling at me. What the ?!

“Yah, what are you doing here?!” I whispered loudly

“I want to see your boss, he has to tell me if he wants to sell his bar or not. It’s been two weeks… I need his answer!” Jay explained looking around. I realized then that Jay wasn’t alone. A tall guy dressed in black was with him, his dark eyes behind his glasses scanning the room. Then I saw he fixed the stage and an arrogant smile, or was it a erted smile, appeared on his face giving me chills. I knew for sure than something bad was going to happen.

 

To Continue...