The Proposal

Always be

At the playground, night time

 

“______, I have something to say to you. I’ve been waiting for this moment. Please don’t be mad, okay?” He said.

 

“What is it? How am I supposed to be mad if you haven’t said anything. It’s okay, I’ll promise I won’t be mad. Tell me.” I replied.

 

“Would……uh….ummmm…..you……marry me?” He stuttered.

 

“Ya, don’t make me laugh okay. You’re kidding right?” I replied. I tried to control myself and I was glad he asked that. But all I need is a confirmation.

 

“Aniyo, I’m not kidding. I’m serious,” he replied quickly.

 

“Oh, I……I…..see,” I nodded my head. The awkwardness between us start surrounding us. 

 

“You don’t want to? It’s okay. I can deal with it. I wouldn’t force you. It’s up to you,” he continued.

 

“No, it’s not that I don’t want to. I was shocked. You know what I mean, hehehe,” I replied, trying to distinguish the awkwardness between me and him.

 

“Have you already told your parents about this?” I continued.

 

“Yes, we did. And guess what? They totally agree. They like you,” he replied back.

 

“Oh, okay.” I replied, showing that I accept his proposal.

 

“Okay? Is that a yes or no?” He was confused with my decision.

 

“Well, YES. Isn’t that clear enough? Hihihi.” I said to him.

 

“Jinjjaro? ______, thank you! I promise I’ll make you the happiest person in the world and we’ll be always together till death apart us.”

 

He was very happy with my decision and hugged me. He whispered to my right ear, “Saranghae.” Then I replied back to him, “ME TOO!”