Last day of school

The face behind the hoodie

~ the next day, in class ~

(Today will be Minyoung's last day in school because it's a Friday. So minyoung will be leaving on Saturday)

The day passed by uneventfully for Minyoung and when it was lunch time, she sat down with Minji to eat.

"Promise that you'll message me often." Minji said.

"Ok...but how often is often?...I visit my grandmother once a year and my omma said that that is often." Minyoung said while trying to stifle a laugh.

"Yah! If you dare to message me once a year, I'll go over to Seoul and kill you." Minji said jokingly.

"Neh...is once a day enough?"

"Make sure you message me, ok?" Minji said with a smile.

Minyoung spun her head to the left when someone suddenly plonked down on the seat beside her.

"Yah! Jong Seung. Who said that you can sit here?" Minyoung asked.

"I'll leave after you answer my question." Jong Seung said.

"What question?"

"Are you going to Seoul?"

"Neh." Minyoung replied and his face fell immediately.

"You won't listen even if I ask you to stay, right?"

"Right." Minyong answered.

"Then can you dance for me? You promised."

"...I'll meet you at the dance room after school." Minyoung smiled.

"Neh. See you there." Jong Seung replied with a fake smile plastered on his face.

"Aww...that poor guy...it's so obvious that he likes you a lot." Minji said with a cheesy smile on her face.

"Shut up! And wipe that grin off your face...it's creepy." Minyoung said.

After the lunch break, lessons continued and Minyoung paid attention more than she usually does because she'll be leaving soon.

Minyoung's POV

Even though the teachers still continued with their lessons as usual, I didn't find it boring like I usually do. I don't know why. Maybe it's because I'll be leaving soon...I never thought that I'll say this but...I'll miss this school and all the evil teachers who enjoy dumping piles of homework on us. *sigh*

All too soon, school ended and I suddenly felt a pang of sadness at the thought that I'll be leaving my family, Minji and the teachers behind. But it's not too bad because I'll have a chance to chase my dreams. *smiles happily*  I met up with Minji and we walked to the dance room together.

When we reached the dance room, Jong Seung was already there. Minji nudged me and said "I'm sure that he's serious about you. You can have my head if I'm wrong." I ignored her and greeted Jong Seung before slipping a disk into the music player. As the intro started, I took a deep breath and prepared myself. This shouldn't be too difficult because only Minji and Jong Seung were watching me.

When the dancing portion started, I moved my body to the beat and felt a dorky smile creeping up on my face. I've never told anyone this, but whenever I dance, everything just feels so...right. As if I was born to do this...you know, like my purpose in life.

All too soon, the song ended and I turned to ask my audience what they thought of my dance. Jong Seung was staring at me with his mouth hanging open and Minji gave me the thumbs up. "Insects and stuff will make their home in your mouth if you leave it open any longer." I told Jong Seung and he immediately closed his mouth, blushing furiously.

Scratching his head sheepishly, Jong Seung said "Erm...your dancing is amazing...and I'm sorry for asking you to stay when it's so obvious that you're meant to dance."

I gave him a warm smile and thanked him for his compliment.

My / author's POV :)

Minyoung and Minji then walked to their lockers to collect their things. Since this is minyoung's last day in school, she has to bring all her things home. Although it's not a lot if you compare it to other student's, it's still a lot for minyoung to carry home, even with minji's help. They met Jong Seung as they were on their way out of the school, struggling with all of minyoung's belongings.

"Do you need my help?" Minyoung peeked over the pile of things that she was carrying to see who was talking to her.

Before she could reply, minji said enthusiastically "Neh. Some help please." Sensing Minyoung's hesitation, she quickly added "And don't you dare to say no! Think of your poor friend here."

"Ok, old lady." minyoung muttered.

"Bwo? What did you say?"

"Ahh...nothing." minyoung replied with a smile on her face.

Minyoung and Jong Seung walked towards her house and chatted cheerily while minji was a little grumpy because Jong Seung only helped to lighten Minyoung's load and not hers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One more chapter and the story will officially start :)

Please comment. It will be greatly appreciated.

I'll be on holiday for 4 days so...I can't update.

But I'll update if there's internet connection. :D

~ Yakssok ~