Weird man in the bushes

Do I have a stalker, friend or a really difficult life

 

I knocked on the door of my assigned classroom and opened it without waiting for the response of the teacher, who looked surprised when she saw me coming in late.

“I'm sorry for being late, Miss Park,” I said, bowing.

She smiled at me. “Go sit down quickly, Mr. Lee.”

I flashed her a smile and went to sit down in my seat, next to the window.

“What world tragedy made you show up late?” Mir, a boy who shared almost all my classes, was slightly turned around in his seat in front of mine.

“A tall frog,” I whispered, giggling because of my own joke.

Mir flashed a weird look at me. “Whatever, where were you yesterday evening?” he asked.

Now it was my turn to make a confused face. We only talked in class and sometimes during lunch breaks, but we weren't exactly what you could call friends, who hung out together after school or on weekends, or saw each other at all outside the school's grounds. “Why?” I said, answering his question with my own.

“I called your house yesterday, after school, because of the book I lend to you a few days ago, but your mum said you weren't home,” Mir explained himself.

“Oh,” I said, trying to recall which book that was again. Then I suddenly remembered. “That music history book,” I said.

Mir nodded. “You have it with you?"

I shook my head. “No, it's at home.”

“I kinda need it back today,” Mir said with pleading eyes.

“Sure,” I said. “Just walk home with me, and I'll grab it for you.” The rest of the day I spend trying to remember were I had left that stupid book.

 

“Taemin-ah!” Key caught up with me in the corridor. We didn't have any classes together, but he was still a really good friend. “I really need to go shopping and no one wants to go with me.” He whined while tugging my arm.

“And you say you're the umma?” I said, raising my eyebrows.

“Yah!” he yelled, “It's an emergency!”

“Yeah, yeah, Key,” I said, pushing his hand from my arm, “I have to go home first. Mir wants the book back I borrowed from him.”

“I'll go find someone else,” he said, and stomped off.

“Bye, Diva!” I yelled at his back. I only got a scoff back and I chuckled. I felt a little bad about it, but I knew he would forgive me tomorrow.

I made my way to my locker and got all my stuff. When I walked towards the gates I saw Mir, already waiting.

“Lets go,” I said.

He nodded and followed me. The walk was silent. Not that I cared, but Mir seemed nervous for some reason.

After a few minutes I couldn't stand his aura any more. “What's wrong?” I asked.

Mir looked up from his shoes, he had been looking at them all the while.

“Nothing,” he said with big eyes who told there was indeed something up.

I sighed. “Oké,” I shrugged. “We're almost at my home.”

He nodded and wend back looking at the ground before his feet.

Whatever was on his mind wouldn't concern me, I guess.

“We're here,” I said and I saw Mir jump a little from my sudden voice. Yes, weird right. “I'll be down in a minute.” I told him and rushed into the house. Normally I would have let him in, but I didn't want him to catch me searching. I ran up the stairs two steps a time and half ran to the bookshelf in the hall.

It should be here somewhere, I thought while searching the shelf. It wasn't though, so I ran into my room and searched my own bookshelf. It wasn't there either and I groaned. Where was that stupid thing? I opened my closet and searched through my clothes. Then I lay down on my belly and looked under my bed. A sigh of relief escaped my mouth. There was a pile of four books underneath my bed and one of them was Mir's music book. I got up with the book in my hand and saw my mum standing in the door way with her arms folded across her chest.

“Hi mom,” I said with an embarrassed smile.

“What the hell are you doing?” she asked with raised eyebrows.

“I have to return this book to my friend,” I said, holding up the book so she could see it.

“Why was it under your bed?” she asked.

“He is waiting, mum,” I said, ignoring her question. I kissed her on the cheek and ran past her towards the front door.

“You will have to clean up your room this weekend,” she yelled after.

“Sure mum. I'm going to show Mir the way home. I'm home before dinner!”

“You better!”

I smiled while shutting the door. “Here is your book,” I said while handing it over to Mir. He took it without saying anything. He still looked nervous for a reason.

“I'll show you how to get back from here,” I said. He nodded and we started to walk again. His silence started to get on my nerves. He was never this silent in class.

“Let's go to the park,” I pointed. “It's shorter to school. You just have to look out you don't fall over branches.”

The reason I don't take it normally when I'm late, because I have to run and don't want to fall.

Mir nodded again and we walked into the park. Suddenly Mir stopped. I didn't notice at first so I stopped 4 meters ahead of him.

I turned around. “Mir?” I asked. He was still looking at the ground.

“I-I...” he stuttered a little.

“What's the matter?”

“I like you, Taemin,” Mir looked up at my now totally frozen face. I didn't expect that to happen and I didn't know how to react. Luckily Mir's tongue was back, because he started rambling.

“I always look at you in class and you look so good when you're concentrating. And it's so cute when you're making fun with your friends. And in lunch break I always find myself just staring at you. At first I didn't know what it was, but then I got these thoughts about you, and…”

I felt I had to stop him there.

“Mir!” I said, still not really knowing what to say, “I get it, and I'm flattered you like me, I guess, but I don't feel the same, I'm sorry.”

I saw his expression falter and I felt a little bad, but what to do about it? I felt stupid I hadn't figured it out earlier, because I have had more confessions like this one, but I guess I just didn't expect it from Mir. He was just not my type.

“I'm sorry for bothering you,” Mir said in a hoarse whisper. He bowed a little. “I'll find my own way now.”

He walked past me and I let him. I couldn't just say I would still walk him to school, because that would get his hopes up. It was better to leave him alone for a while.

I jerked up out of my thoughts when I heard a rustling noise coming out of the bushes. I looked at the bushes, which were moving, and I backed away a little, not letting the bush out of my sight. A figure rose up from behind the bushes and made an groaning noise. I was scared. I wished Mir was still here, but I guess he would have been scared too.

The form stepped out from the bushes and stretched himself. It was a man. His hair was strangely familiar.

“What are you?” I choked out.

The man looked at me as if he just noticed I was there. He had a shocked expression too. But that wasn't really interesting, because I had recognized his face. It was the frog boy I had bumped into this morning.

“I didn't know you were still here,” the frog boy said, a little shocked. I frowned.

“You heard that?” I asked, talking about Mir's confession.

“I'm sorry about that,” the frog boy said. He had one hand behind his head, showing his embarrassment, what looked kinda adorable.

“Don't mind it, what were you doing in the bushes?” I asked curious.

The frog boy shrugged. “I fell a sleep,” he said like it was the most normal thing in the world.

A giggle escaped my mouth. “Well, sorry I disturbed you,” I said.

“Doesn't matter.”

We bowed at each other and I walked back home. That boy was weird, but funny at the same time. I hadn't seen him around here before, though, he looked like a student.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I kinda like this chapter. I let Minho come out of the bushes >< keke

I hope I didn't do something wrong by letting Mir confes to Taemin. It's not like he will have a really big part in the story.

I found a funny picture of Minho with a "I got caught" face. I couldn't use it for the story itself, because he has short hair in the picture.

keke, please subscribe if you like my story!!!!!!