New Day

My Unknown Call Buddy

Your POV

"Are you going to eat that food?" My hand froze in mid-air. How did he know I'm going to eat that leftover chocolate pudding in the fridge? I blink at my phone.

"How...?" I asked. "Its already so late at night! Its not healthy to eat at night and school is starting soon!" He said, ignoring my question. I pouted and reluctantly put back the food into the fridge. Mr Unknown chuckled at the end of the line.

I trudged back into my room and shut the door behind me. I walked over to the window and stared up at the dark night. I took a deep breath in and let out a heavy sigh.

"School is starting tomorrow..." I said the obvious. "I know.."

*And I finally get to see who you are* I said in my mind. I unconciously smiled.

"The night is beautiful huh?" He asked. I looked up at the sky again. "Yeah...."

"But you're way more beautiful than anything in this world," My heart fluttered at his compliments. He laughed, embarrassed.

"Should we hang up now? Its getting pretty late" He asked. "Okay..." I replied eventhough I was bit disappointed.

We hung up. I sat on my bed and slipped my phone under my pillow. I lay down on my bed and millions of things came across my mind. Its finally going to be the day that I meet Mr Unknown but what if...

What if he turned out to be a bad person? What if he's a nerd? What if he's gangster? What should I do then?

I shook of those thoughts and went to sleep.

.

..

.

The next day, I was woken up by the sound of my alarm clock. I rubbed my eyes, trying to wipe away my sleep. I got out of the bed and walked over to the window. I opened the curtain and warmth of the sun filled the room. I looked up at the cloudy sky and smiled. Its finally THE day. Suddenly my phone chirped, signalling that there is a text message.

From: Mr Unknown

To: Mika

Take a picture of the sky and meet me at the school rooftop after school :)

I grinned and went to wash up. I put on my firmly ironed uniform. I walked into the dining room to see appa munching away a piece of toasted bread while reading the newspaper. Omma, however, was in the kitchen washing the dishes.

"Good morning, appa!" I chirped ceerfully. "Someone is excited for their first day of school" Appa gave me a look before continuing to read his newspaper. Omma walked over to us and placed a piece of kaya toast.

"Mika appa! Don't tease our little Mika!" Omma hit Appa lightly. I stuck out my tongue at him. I bite on to my kaya toast and had a sip of the glass of milk. I stood up and walked to the door and wore my new shoes.

"I'm leaving now! Bye Omma, Appa!" I waved and walked out of the door.

Since the school was just a few blocks away from my house, I didn't have to walk so far. A few metres ahead of me, I could already see a few students walking to the school. I went to the nearest bus stop to wait for my unnie, Ji Hye, and my twin friend, MinHee and Min Seo .

To my surprise, they were already there! Usually I'm the one who would be there first.

"Unnies!!" I waved my hands. They looked up and waved back.

They ran to me and attacked me with hugs. I smiled. I missed them so much!!

I looked at Ji Hye and noticed something was different.

"Unnie, are you wearing fake eyelashes?!" I pointed at Ji Hye.

She nodded eagerly, "I'm planning to get a boyfriend this semester!"

I rolled my eyes. She has always been obsessed about getting a boyfriend.

"Unnie, your lashes are slanted" Min Hee pointed at the her eyes.

"BWOH?! Help me fix it!! Ppali!" I gave knowing look to the twins and smirked. "Arasseo, close your eyes."

Ji Hye closed her eyes and waited for us to fix her lashes. I smirked and lightly grabbed onto the lashed pretending to help her fix it. At the last moment, I pulled it out fully and run away with it with the twins. We laughed loudly and we could hear Ji Hye screaming at us to give back the fake lashes. We ran all the way to school, ignoring the stares we get from the other students.

At that moment, a certain man cycled passed us. Without me knowing, that man would be the out that would change my life completely.

------------------------------------------
Short update :(