So Goodbye (one-shot)

So Goodbye (one-shot)

♫ "So this is the last song I sing to you. It's time I be a man and I face the truth" ♫

 

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

               The room is dark and silent. And in a messy bed that’s occupied by two figures, one who goes by the name of Kris is wide awake but is pretending that he’s asleep and the other one, who’s deep in slumber, is Chanyeol. Both are under the covers and tired. Kris, with his eyes clamp shut and with things that are running round and round in his mind, listens as to how the other person next to him breathes. And he listens carefully.

                A phone then beeps. Chanyeol stirs and groggily reaches for it. Kris continues to fake sleep.

                I love you. See you soon. ♥ – Baekhyun

                Chanyeol puts the phone away before he moves and slowly gets out of bed. He quietly heads towards the bathroom unaware that his companion in the room is not asleep anymore. Kris cracks an eye open and stares at Chanyeol’s back with eyes that even in the dark shows the admiration that the owner feels towards the object of his affection.  The skinny body that Chanyeol has is illuminated by the lights coming from the bathroom and Kris watches in silence as he studies the dips and curves that Chanyeol’s body contains. Kris had touched them all and he knows them too well like the back of his very own hand.

                The moment he hears the shower running, Kris hauls himself out of bed too. He reads the message that Chanyeol just got; message received at 11:16 p.m, looks at the direction where the bathroom is and he gathers up, not just his clothes, but his courage as well. Kris heads out without even letting Chanyeol know.

                He wastes no time in starting up his motorbike once he’s in the parking lot. Kris zooms and drives through the night like a nocturnal being and he speeds off like he’s on the chase with the joker. Apgujeong is his destination and it will only take him less than 15 minutes to get there. He tightens his grip and further increases his speed.

               After all this time he’s spent with Chanyeol, he just can’t take this anymore – he needs to meet this Baekhyun guy and give him a piece of his mind.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

                Baekhyun just got in the elevator. The transparent glass is something he’s very much thankful for because it offers him a good view of the city. And it’s such a sight to behold which relieves him after a long day of work. He takes a step forward and he gasps lowly. Though being in this place and working here for such a long time, Baekhyun is still in awe whenever he sees the beautiful city lights from this height. He looks down and sees different cars that are waiting for the stoplight to turn green and some people walking down the streets. And as the elevator descends lower and nears the ground floor, it’s not only the city lights, the cars that are already in motion and the people that are still walking on the streets that crosses Baekhyun’s line of vision. He didn’t fail to notice among the sea of cars is a fast moving motorbike.

                He exits the building and turns left, making his way towards the direction where he parked his car earlier today. Baekhyun checks the time on his watch and smiles when it says that it’s already quarter to midnight. Maybe at exactly or past 12, he will already be in Chanyeol’s place. Baekhyun, suddenly feeling excited, quickens his pace – not knowing that he’s being followed.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

                Kris stands a few feet away from the entrance of the building where he knows well where the guy works. He keeps an eye on the entrance for a familiar face to appear. Not long, Baekhyun’s figure emerges and makes a left turn. Kris takes a deep breath, pats that something he placed in the inside pocket of his jacket (just to make sure that it’s still there), puts up his hood over his head and follows Baekhyun like a predator hunting for its prey.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

                Baekhyun arrives at the parking lot and searches for his car keys. When he manages to find it, he drops it to the ground. He bends to pick it up.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

                Kris is light on his feet. When he sees that Baekhyun bends to pick something up, he walks faster and takes out what he’s been hiding all along in the inside pocket of his jacket. He draws a deep, deep breath. And he braces himself.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

                He feels something or more likely, someone approaching him. It’s a blur for Baekhyun. He remembers closing his eyes when he feels something hit his chest and his left hand reaches for the part where he got hit. He thought that he’s dead but he feels nothing or something that would resemble a sting or some pain. When he opens his eyes, he sees a hooded guy– he sees him. But in a blink he forgets how he looks like. Baekhyun watches the strangers’ tall back as it slowly disappears from his sight. He looks down to his chest to find not an injury or a bloodstained chest but a piece of paper– a note. Both Baekhyun’s hands and knees are trembling as he opens it. It read:

                I’m sorry. He’s been unfaithful to you.

                Baekhyun doesn’t have to be a genius to understand what the note says. He clamps a hand to his mouth as he feels tears stinging his eyes and his chest tightens. He scans the parking lot and searches for the stranger who gave him the note but Baekhyun sees no signs of him anymore.

                They’ve met each other for the first time but he didn’t even manage to see the person’s face clearly. Baekhyun crumples the paper in his hand and he lets out a curse.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

                 Kris starts his motorbike once again. Now that he’s done with his task, he needs to move on. He might have loved Chanyeol and their dirty little secret but he knows that it needs to end. As he speeds off an intersection, he tells himself, when he feels the cool breeze touch his skin, that he’s done the right thing. That Baekhyun guy might go nuts because of his new discovery but its better off that he knows the truth rather than being cheated and lied to. For Kris it was freedom that he doesn’t have to be part of a lie anymore. And it was absolutely freedom when he’s no longer the third party of a relationship.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

                Chanyeol’s done with his hot shower and he steps out. While drying his hair with a towel he decides to look at himself in the mirror. What he sees made him freeze to his spot. Right there, in the foggy mirror– is something written. And he doesn’t have to guess to whom it’s from. Chanyeol just smiles sadly.

                 It’s over.

                So Goodbye.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

A/N: I made this while I was in the province for vacation. Sorry, if it's like, short and boring :/ I need to practice more and improve! And I had no internet connection for a month and oh gosh! I SURVIVED! XD though, now that I’m back in the city, I have A LOT like A LOT of catching up to do. Lols. Thanks again for reading this! *huggles* ♥