From Now On

Because of You

o n e ; From now on

 
KAI'S POV
 
I stared at the paper infront of me, checking that every question had an answer. I checked my watch, two minutes left before the class is over. I'm thinking of what I'm going to do after school, Taemin is probably going to invite me over like always. It's a daily routine, Taemin always asks me to come over after school to help him with the homeworks. His parents are like my real auntie and uncle too, because other than my grandparents, they're the one who always takes care of me. Taemin is my bestfriend since kindergarten, and ever since my parents died, Taemin and his family has always been by myside. I glared at Taemin who sat in the far left, he looked frustrated as he sighed looking at his paper. 
 
"Okay, class dismissed. Please hand over your test papers before leaving the classroom," Mr. Kim said. 
I stood up and walked over to Mr. Kim, I handed him my test paper before bowing and leaving the classroom. I waited for Taemin outside the classroom, as always after tests, he would act like a toady infront of the teachers, it's typical Taemin. 
 
"Ah, that was so difficult! Wasn't it? I didn't understand a thing! I think I only got three questions right," Taemin said. 
"Really? Didn't you review yesterday?" I asked. 
"Nope. I was out with Sulli," 
"Sulli? The girl you said you liked?" I said. Taemin sighed. 
"She's my girlfriend. We started going out last week, didn't I tell you?" Taemin said dissapointed. 
"Oh right, I forgot. Sorry," I said. 
"So, you're coming over right?" Taemin asked. I nodded. 
 
 
"Hi, Taemin and Kai! Mom and Dad are not home yet, but you guys want me to cook something? Are you guys hungry?" Noona asked. 
"Noona, give us food and some refreshments please," Taemin said. 
"It's okay noona," I said. 
"Okay, I'll prepare dinner for later then," noona said and left. 
"So, which subject shall we start with?" Taemin asked. 
"Let's start with Math," I said. Taemin took a deep sigh. 
"I hate homeworks!" he said. I just chuckled. 
 
"Kai, can you help me with thi-" Taemin said, but was cut off by his cellphone ringing. His face lit when he saw the caller, guess it must be his girlfriend. 
"Hey Ssul!" 
"I'm going to use the restroom," I muttered to Taemin, he gave a short nod. 
 
I'm happy for Taemin, he has been talking about this girl for quite some time now. I remember he showed me a picture of her, but I don't really remember how she looked like. She must be cute though, because Taemin likes cute girls. 
 
I headed back to Taemin's room after using the restroom. His face looked so happy as he talked with his girlfriend. He's blushing hard too. 
 
"I'll see you tomorrow then?" Taemin said before hanging up. 
"You're blushing," I said to him. 
"I'm not!" 
"What happend?" I asked.
"We're going on a date tomorrow, and you're coming with us," he said calmly. 
"What? Why?" 
"She's bringing her bestfriend with her, and I'm bringing you with me," 
"I'm not going," I said and looked away.
"Kai, listen to me. I think it's about time you move on." I didn't respond. 
"I know you're still hurt, but you've got to move on," he added.
"It's not that easy," I spoke. 
"I know, but it's been three years since she left you, Kai. I know your parents would not want to see you like this. You got to move on," Taemin said with a sincere voice.
"I don't know, Taem. I'm not ready,"
"Just try, okay? She's Sulli's bestfriend and I bet she's nice and pretty too!"
"I'll think about it," I said. 
"Pleaaaase? Just do it for your bestfriend?"  Taemin pleaded. 
"Fine, just because you're my bestfriend. But I'm not sure how it will go," I sighed. 
"Yes! Thanks, Kai! You're the best! Don't worry, I'm sure it will go just fine," he winked. 
 
I thought about what Taemin said, and maybe he was right. It was time to move on, but it's not like I wasn't trying to move on. I'm always trying to put a smile on my face, but sometimes, I'm just unsure. Sometimes, I feel weak and afraid. I wish my parents were still alive, or that she'd come back. But I can't do anything now. I know that Taemin wants me to  be happy, and forget about her. And I will, or at least I'll try. From now on, I'll try to forget the past and move on. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Author's note: 
Hi guys! I wasn't quite satisfied with the first chapter, because I wasn't sure how it should start. But bleh, it came out like this.. 
Hope you guys liked it though! I haven't introduced Krystal(and Sulli) yet, but will for sure on the next chapter! 
Thank you so much for subscribing! &Thanks for those who commented on my foreword, please comment of what you think about the first chapter! 
Again, thank you so much for your support, and I hope you all will continue to read this story :)
 
- Nikki