Mango Cheesecake Part 1

Tastes Like Cheesecake

 

Yongguk didn't go to school the next day.  A lot of people wondered (including Daehyun himself) if it was because of Daehyun's kiss.  Some even joked about Daehyun's kiss being that bad or Yongguk being a philematophobia (fear of kissing~ funny that the word has "mato" in it XD).

 

"Miss, do you know why Yongguk is absent?"  Daehyun asked his favorite Home Economics teacher.  Actually, she only became his favorite teacher for this week because of their baking cheesecake activity.

 

"I'm sorry, Daehyun, but Yongguk didn't inform the school about his absence.  He lives with his grandmother who couldn't be contacted either.  We can only hope that everything is fine with them."  His teacher spoke solemnly.

 

As soon as Daehyun went to his seat, the teacher talked about baking a mango cheesecake today but Daehyun couldn't bring himself to be enthusiastic about it.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

Daehyun was on his way to the bus stop when suddenly there was a tight grip on his arm.  He turned around and saw that it was... "Yongguk! What...?"  He started to feel afraid because of the serious expression on Yongguk's face.  Was it time for him to face death because of the stolen kiss yesterday?

 

Yongguk didn't say a single word.  He started leading the way and dragged Daehyun behind him.  Daehyun was confused.  He couldn't help but gulp down his saliva when he was being lead to a dark alley.  He was really going to die this time around or maybe he'll live but most likely would end up in the hospital anyway.

 

It turned out that they only needed to pass by the dark alley.  Daehyun gave out a huge breath of relief when they were out of the alley.  "You were thinking that I might beat you up in that dark alley."  It wasn't a question because Yongguk knew that Daehyun was exactly thinking of that.

 

"Well... I guess the location wouldn't be the dark alley but I still think that you're going to beat me up somewhere else."  Daehyun replied nervously.  He wanted to run away but even if he will be able to do that successfully today, Yongguk can always approach him the next day with even more consequences.

 

"I really don't care much about the kiss so I'm not going to beat you up for it or maybe I will when I get back to my right sense and sane mind." 

 

It felt like a punch on Daehyun's gut because even if he didn't like Yongguk as a person, Daehyun honestly liked the kiss especially since the guy tasted like cheesecake but from the way Yongguk spoke, he guessed it was pretty much one-sided.  Daehyun tried to bury the hurt inside him and thought it was better this way because he wouldn't want to have Yongguk as his boyfriend even if he tasted like cheesecake but why does that sound like he's only trying to convince himself?

 

"We're here."  Yongguk's voice snapped Daehyun out of his thoughts.

 

Daehyun observed the surroundings.  They went inside a house which seem to have a gloomy atmosphere.  There were a lot of people wearing mostly black clothes with a sad expression on their faces.  "Where are we? What's happening?"

 

Yongguk lead them to the backdoor of the house and stepped inside the kitchen.  "You're going to help me bake a mango cheesecake."

 

"That's what we did in class a while ago.  Why are we doing it here right now?"  Daehyun asked and saw that all of the materal and ingredients were already ready on the table.  "Was it because you were absent in class? I don't think that teacher will accept a cake baked from home and not in front of her eyes."

 

"No.  My grandmother wanted me to serve cheesecakes baked by myself to her visitors but she has a lot of visitors so I don't think I can do it alone which is why I dragged you into this.  Consider yourself lucky that I dragged you into something you already like doing instead of beating you up in the dark alley."  Yongguk threw an apron to Daehyun before putting on an apron himself.

 

They were mostly silent as they proceeded to do their tasks.  They were both inwardly surprised at how well they were cooperating and helping each other out.  Daehyun was surprised when Yongguk said that they won't be using an oven to bake the cake.

 

Daehyun watched in awe as Yongguk did the hot water bath technique.  "Wow! I didn't know such thing before.  I'm going to try it at home or maybe tomorrow at class... but would that seem like I'm showing off?"

 

"Do whatever you want."  Youngguk said as he started washing the utensils.

 

Daehyun took a dry cloth and stood beside Yongguk.  "Why don't you try being friendly for once?"  He said as he took a wet beaker from Yongguk and wiped it clean.

 

"Are you purposely trying to be talkative so I could kiss your mouth shut?"

 

Daehyun almost lost his grip on the beaker after hearing that.

 

End of Chapter 3~ to be continued~

 

Daehyun's mango cheesecake that he made it class:

 

What Yongguk and Daehyun made together will be shown in the next chapter since they aren't exactly done yet in this chapter.  Oh and this is the hot water bathtub process looks like~

Last but not the least.... comment please? ^_____^