Mango Cheesecake Part 2

Tastes Like Cheesecake

 

They proceeded to cut the cake into a lot of pieces and worked hard to design each one of them.  For a moment, Daehyun was distracted with Yongguk's fast and talented hands which worked quickly on putting the syrup on the plates.
 
 
"Quit staring and work fast.  We still have a lot to do."  Yongguk's voice cuts off Daehyun's trance.
 
 
Daehyun blushed in embarassment at being caught staring and went back to working as fast as he could.  
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
 
Daehyun almost dropped the tray full of cakes when he entered the living room.  He knew that there was something wrong the moment he stepped inside the house but his thoughts were momentarily forgotten as he and Yongguk started working on the cakes.
 
 
In the living room, there was a coffin.  Daehyun regained his composure and served the guests.  He could see Yongguk entering the living room and serving the guests as well.  When their trays became empty, they went back to the kitchen to get more cakes.
 
 
"I can't believe we're serving these cheesecakes on a sad occasion."  Daehyun said as he placed more plates on his tray.  "Why didn't you tell me from the start that your grandmother died?"
 
 
"It would have hindered you from working efficiently.  Besides, you served as a nice distraction to me from... that." Yongguk's used his thumb to point towards the direction of the living room.  "I noticed how I was able to work well yesterday when you were around so I figured I'd bring you here."
 
 
Daehyun frowned.  "Don't talk about your grandmother like that."
 
 
"She isn't really my grandmother.  I'm just used to calling her that but we're not blood related.  She's just one of my guardians who unexpectedly lasted longer than the others."  Yongguk's finger traced the outline of the plate before him.  "She lasted 4 years with me.  She told me to stop fighting and use my hands to make delicious food instead so I learned how to cook and bake from her.  Cheesecake was her favorite dessert so she taught me how to bake it in different flavors.  She probably knew that she was close to death because last week, she told me that she wanted mango cheesecakes to be served on her wake and funeral."
 
 
Daehyun was able to witness the different emotions on Yongguk's face.  He thought Yongguk was going to cry but then Yongguk blinked the tears away and regained his composure.  "Anyway, we need to finish service the guests.  Any extra cheesecakes will be displayed outside along with the other foods."  He picked up the tray with another batch of cheesecakes and went back to the living room.
 
 
The guardian's real family came.  They decided to stay at Yongguk's house until the funeral is over.  Yongguk was more than okay with it since the house was big enough and there are a lot of extra rooms.  Besides, it would be creepy to stay alone in a house with a dead body in the living room.
 
 
"It's a good thing they came and wanted to stay or I might have asked you to stay."  Yongguk spoke as they cleaned the place up now that all visitors are gone while the guardian's family went to rest already because they were tired from their travel.
 
 
"I bet you still want me to stay."  Daehyun joked but he saw how Yongguk was all serious and not laughing at all. "Well... if you want to, I can..."
 
 
"I forced you to come here.  You already did a lot today. I'm not going to force you to stay."  Yongguk looked at his wristwatch.  "It's late so I'll make sure to personally see you arrive safely to your home. Just let me take this trash out then we can go."
 
 
Daehyun waited by the door for Yongguk who took out the trash, washed his hands and made sure he had his wallet in his pocket.  "Last chance for you to ask me to stay."  Daehyun said as Yonnguk's hand reached for the door.  He wasn't sure if Yongguk heard him because the other's hand continued to open the door so Daehyun slammed the door shut.  "Yah! Why can't you read between the lines?!?!"
 
 
Yongguk was stunned at Daehyun's sudden outburst and the loud impact of the door closing.  "So you're saying you want to stay? Why would you want to do that?"  He placed his hands on the door on each side of Daehyun's head. and trapped Daehyun between himself and the door.  "Is it because I taste like cheesecake?"
 
 
Daehyun's eyes widened.  "How...?"
 
 
"I was there each time you kissed someone.  When you kissed Youngjae and said he tasted like vanilla, with Jongup who tasted like chocolate and with Zelo who tasted like cherry tomato but when you kissed me, you didn't say anything and it's not hard to figure out how much you like cheesecake during Home Economics."  Yongguk's elbows bent slightly which brought his face closer to Daehyun's.  "I also heard your talk with your bestfriend that even if I tasted like cheesecake, you wouldn't want to be with me.  Now tell me why you would be very much willing to stay with me tonight?"
 
 
"That was before I saw a different side of you."  Daehyun placed his hands at the sides of Yongguk's face. "Besides, tasting like cheesecake.  I want to comfort you tonight."  He brought their lips together.
 
 
End of Chapter 4~ To be continued~
 
This is what Daehyun and Yongguk did together~
 
I thought I won't be able to update today because my mom and I were supposed to go out but we decided to just go out tomorrow instead so in the end, I was able to finish writing this chapter and updated ^_^ 
 
Comment please? I will always reply to comments on walls and will love you for commenting <3
 
P.S.  In a very good mood because I won 2nd place in Sounds of Melodies MyungBer (Myungsoo/Amber) Fic Contest <3