Pumpkin Cheesecake

Tastes Like Cheesecake

 

They were assigned to make a pumpkin cake the next day.  Daehyun noticed that Yongguk seemed to be out of it.  Yongguk wasn't focused or concentrating on his work.  His table was a mess as he kept on spilling ingredients.  He also had to keep on repeating the measurements.
 
 
Daehyun hesitated on approaching him but he felt concerned so in the end, he swallowed his fear and walked over to Yongguk's table.  "Are you okay? Do you need some help?"
 
 
"No! Aish... you made me spill my sugar."  The frustration in Yongguk's voice was evident.
 
 
"I think it wouldn't have mattered if I approached you or not because I think you would still have spilled the sugar just like how you spilled your other ingredients.  Come on.  Let me help you at least clean up your table."  Daehyun took a cloth from the drawer and started cleaning Yongguk's table.
 
 
"Can't you just mind your own business?"  Yongguk was annoyed by the other's presence especially since he knew that the other was around about him spilling and wasting a lot of ingredients today.  Not to mention that the teacher kept on scolding him for being a lot more careless than their usual clumsy.
 
 
"I'm going to go back to my station after cleaning this up.  Make sure not to spill anymore after this."  Daehyun's hand worked fast so Yongguk's table was clean in no time.  Then he went back to his station to finish what he was doing before.
 
 
Daehyun noticed that Yongguk seem to work better after that though he still was being a bit careless.  However, Yongguk's cake still turned out to be a disappointment.  
 
 
"The taste is actually pretty okay but the cake is crumbly and there is even a crack on it.  You didn't even bother to design or to make your cake creative before letting me grade it."  The teacher frowned.  "You did very well on the strawberry cheesecake yesterday.  Why couldn't you do well today?"
 
 
Yongguk shrugged.  "I don't feel like it."
 
 
"I hope you do well tomorrow, Yongguk."  Then the teacher moved on to grade the other students' pumpkin cheesecakes.
 
 
"You just don't feel like it or are you not feeling well?"  Daehyun asked which almost made Yongguk jump out of surprise as the other guy just suddenly appeared beside him.
 
 
"I told you to mind your own business!" Yongguk hissed.
 
 
"No, you didn't.  You simply asked me if I could mind my own business."  
 
 
"Don't be such a smartass."
 
 
"If you weren't feeling good, you could have told the teacher and went to the clinic instead of  baking the cake..."
 
 
"Just shut up! I feel fine."  Yongguk took Daehyun's hand and placed it on his forehead.  "I don't have any fever, okay?! I don't feel sick or whatsoever."  He released Daehyun's hand.  "Stop assuming things and don't ever come to talk to me again."  Yongguk took his bag and walked out of the classroom.  The teacher had finished grading him anyway so he could take his leave now.
 
 
"Hey!"  Yongguk was already close to the school gates so he was surprised when he turned around and saw Daehyun was fast approaching him.  He started to glare at the other.  "I told you to--"
 
 
"Never to talk to you again.  I know and I'll do exactly that after this."  Daehyun grabbed Yongguk's collar and pulled him in for a kiss.
 
 
Youngjae's assumption was right.  Yongguk does taste like cheesecake and Daehyun is very well enjoying the taste but he had to remind himself that this is Yongguk that he's kissing so he had to stop before getting a punch on his face.
 
 
Just like how fast Daehyun had approached Yongguk before, he left fast after the kiss.
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
 
"Yesterday, you just said that you'll never be able to kiss him and yet, today you just did EXACTLY THAT and near the school gate where a lot of people saw. If there's anyone losing this bet, I think it'll be me."  Youngjae sighed.
 
 
"You still have time to confess to Himchan."  Daehyun pointed out.  "Though I think it wouldn't matter if you lose the bet if Yongguk happened to kill me before this week ends.  I am already shivering in fear just thinking about on what he might do to me tomorrow."
 
 
"It can't be that bad." Youngjae patted Daehyun's back in comfort though he knew that it could be very bad considering the rumors that Yongguk smashed a teacher's car with a baseball bat from his previous school.
 
 
End of Chapter 2~ to be continued~
 
 
Yongguk's kind-of-a-fail pumpkin cheesecake
 
 
Daehyun's pumpkin cheesecake:
 
 
A/N:  I didn't expect I would actually start and finish writing chapter 2 in like just 2 hours tonight O_O;; Especially since I am having feelings of stress and anxiety about resigning on my current company @_@ But enough of personal problems, what do you think of this fic? Comment your thoughts and feelings!