Jongstal (iii)

She vs Expectation & Reality

I can’t wait for this to be over. I miss Jonghyunl. I’m happy that the tour is going great but I feel us drifting apart. We barely talk anymore, maybe it’s the time difference or maybe it’s because he is busy but I wish we could just see each other.

 

My phone buzzed and I skimmed over the message.

 

'Hey babe, up for skype? -Jjong'

 

I quickly reply and log onto skype. Hearing the sound that signals an incoming call, I feel butterflies as I click answer.

 

"Hey!" I smile and wipe my hair out of my face.

 

"Babe, I miss you.." he says quickly.

 

"I miss you too..I’m going crazy without you." 

 

"I’m trying to enjoy this tour and everything but I can’t.. I feel like it’s sunshine and rainbows for everyone else and  I’m drowning in rain that’s just pours down on me." his voice quiets as he looks down at the keyboard.

 

"Oppa, I know we miss each other but please don’t skip out on the fun! I’m not that far away, I’m in your heart right?"

 

"Of course." he replies, not missing a beat.

 

"See! Besides, if you ever need to see me I’m just a skype call away!" I laugh, but it quickly dies down when I remember I’m still alone.

 

I can tell Jonghyun that there’s not much to miss and to be happy as much as I want, but I can’t bring myself to take my own advice. 

 

"I’m like a star, you can’t aways see me but I’m always there, bright and shining, and you can be a comet, making your way back home to me. It won’t be long now and we’ll be in each others arms." I whisper, trying to convince myself more than him.

 

I see him smile as his eyes light up before he whispers back.

 

"It feels like it’s been ages since I’ve seen you in person.."

 

"Because it’s been ages.." he lowers his head again before I continue my sentence, "but it’s not about how long we’ve been apart, it’s about how much we love each other.. And you love me right?"

 

"That shouldn’t even be a question." he states.

 

"So then distance shouldn’t matter. It doesn’t, right?"

 

"Of course not, I just wish there wasn’t any distance between us is all." 

 

"You don’t have to be alone you know. You can go hang out with the boys, I’ll understand. It’s probably better, it’ll make time fly by faster" I say as I hear laughter in the background.

 

"No, I want to see you, I want to talk to you. They understand, besides I spend all day and night with them, they can handle an hour or so without me. Besides, your not even going to do that, your all alone in your apartment right now"

 

I yawn and reply, “But I like being by myself..”

 

"Babe, what time is it there?"

 

"Just about four" I say, yawning again in the process.

 

"Oh,cI’m sorry! Go to sleep, I’ll call you when it’s later!" 

 

"No, I want to talk to you!" I grumble.

 

"Okay but if you want to go to sleep just tell me alright?" 

 

I nod and we continue talking for a while until I drift to sleep. 

 

Stretching, I wake up a few hours later and my laptop is off to the side with Jonghyun still on the skype call. He’s asleep too. 

 

"Oppa," I start, "Wake up"

 

"Huh?" he mumbles, just barely awake.

 

"We fell asleep.."

 

"Oh.. I miss that." he says.

 

"Miss what?" 

 

"Waking up next to you."

 

I smile at him and feel butterflies in my tummy even though we’re miles and miles apart.

 

"It won’t be long now. I have to get ready for work, but hey, tonight remember. I’m a star and your a comet. It wont be long until your coming home.”