It's Never Anything Good

Paran High

Heechul blew out a frustrated breath of air, stuffing his hands in the pockets of his dress pants as he strolled the empty hallway. Lunch time for him had been a long time over, so he should be in class right now, but he was too wound up to listen to a boring lecture of English. What did he need that class for? If you watched enough American television, you could speak English that would be enough to get you by! He had learned a few choice phrases from BET that he could probably use if he ever visited the States such as “Yo!” or “What’s up, baby?” in addition to signature handshakes. See? It’s enough.

So, he chose to roam the hallways, going nowhere in particular, to let off some steam. Practice did not go as well as planned, Shindong of course being the issue because he was “hungry”. That kid was hungry too many times in the day, Heechul thought with a shake of his head. You can’t eat so much and be in a dance crew because you had to dance well and look amazing doing it. You can’t do it with so much fat weighing you down. That kid would never listen to him; he would just pull out two candy bars and go to town on them.

“Aish, this is giving me a headache,” Heechul muttered to himself. He closed his eyes and lifted his hand to massage his forehead. It was doing the job, soothing the pounding in his head that was beginning to form, until he bumped into someone, which only rattled his brain even more.

He groaned in added irritation as he prevented himself from falling flat on his . “Watch where you’re going!”

“I’m so-- You!”

Ceasing fixing his uniform back into the stylishly undone tie and somewhat buttoned dress shirt, Heechul finally decided to look up and his cat-like eyes narrowed at the perpetrator.

Kangin. Just when he was starting to get a headache, the one person who could only make it worse had to come along and jostle the last thin string to drop the ball.

You should watch where you’re going,” Kangin retorted, eyes glaring at the other. “If you weren’t trying to fix your hair every second of the day, you wouldn’t have bumped into me.”

Excuse me? For one, it takes work to look like this,” The junior ran his hands up and down his body, gesturing at himself, “you should try it sometime. And two, I wasn’t fixing my hair, for your information. Why am I even having his conversation with you? I don’t have the patience for this. You just have to apologize for bumping into me and we can go on our merry way.”

What?! Me apologize for what? For walking? I don’t think so, Kim. I’ll be waiting for your apology.” Kangin replied with a huff and folded his arms across his chest, standing his ground.

Heechul scoffed, his sardonic glare staying firm on the large male. “You can wait all you want. You’ll be waiting for a very long time.”

“Why, I oughta-” Kangin untangle his arms, ready to punch the living daylights out of his guy - a person’s presence has never annoyed him so much that it just caused anger within him in a snap - before someone came between them.

“Hold it!” A tall, partially blonde male separated the two, his lean figure hardly doing anything to physically stop them, but the authority he held did. “What is going on here? I can hear you two from down the hall!” He looked to Heechul for an answer.

“Nothing, Jungsu,” Heechul huffed, looking elsewhere. The eldest male turned to Kangin, who just stuck his hands in his pockets.

Jungsu sighed, shaking his head. He’s dealt with these two for too long and it didn’t seem like it was going to stop. “Regardless of what the matter is, I’m taking you two to the Principal's office.”

“What? Why?” The two troublemakers chimed in now.

“Do you see what time it is?” Jungsu pointed to the clock, “You’re supposed to be in class, yet you two are here making a ruckus in the hallways, disrupting class time.”

“But- but, he started this!” Heechul pointed at Kangin. who looked at him with a shocked expression. How did he just throw him under the bus like that?! He knew there was a reason why he didn’t like this boy.

“Really, Heechul? That’s very childish; you are 17 years old.” Kangin snickered, but stopped when Jungsu’s glare turned to him and he put on a mask of cluelessness, feigning innocence. “Besides, it doesn’t matter who started it or not, you’re both breaking rules by just standing here. Now, come on.”

Before Heechul could make another complaint, Jungsu pushed him in the direction of the main office.

***

If there was one place to be hated, it’s the Principal’s office. It was a very negative place. Nothing good came from Principal offices. It reeked of doom and death, it opened doors to a new hell for a transfer student, and it brought nothing but bad news and punishments. And both Kangin and Heechul knew they wouldn’t be rewarded with a nobel prize or ice cream having been brought to this place.

“You can go in now,” The secretary told Jungsu, who bowed in gratitude and led the two through the wooden door where Principal Lee Soo Man sat behind his large desk. He placed his phone down onto the receiver, probably having just gotten off the phone with some important call, as soon as the door swung open.

He sighed when he saw the three, gesturing for Jungsu to close the door. “What did they do now?” Kangin and Heecul began talking at the same time, words meshing with the other in discordance and Lee Soo Man had to raise his hand, palm facing them, easily silencing the noisemakers. “Jungsu?”

“I found them arguing in the hallways in the middle of class time. It looked like they were about to start fighting, sir.”

“Thank you, Jungsu,” He nodded to the obedient student and turned to the opposite two, “Is this true?” They started once again and he had to shut them up once more. “I didn’t ask for anything other than a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ and before you answer, choose wisely. You lie, the repercussions will be worse than telling me the truth. So, is what Jungsu-ssi telling me true?”

It was silent for a few moments before the two answered, still simultaneously, but at least it was coherent. “Ne.”

Their principal sat back in his chair with another sigh, connecting his finger tips on one hand to the other. This sighing thing seemed to be constant when it came to Heechul and Kangin.

“What am I going to do with you two? Why would you be in the halls causing a ruckus when you could be in class? Do you value your education at all? Do you two even want to go to college?”

“I’m going to go to college, sir!” Kangin blurted out.

“Not with your grades your not,” replied heir principal, plain and simple. That quickly shut Kangin up. It was so blunt that it shocked the boy.

“I could care less,” Heechul shrugged his shoulders, deciding he might as well say something since Kangin had put his two cents in, “I don’t need it.”

“You don’t need it? What do you plan on doing with your life, Heechul-ssi?”

“I’m going to be dancer, if you must know.”

“Really now? And what will you do if becoming a dancer does not work out the way you planned?”

“It will,” said Heechul, firmly. He was adamant about it. It was the only thing he wanted and though he could do well. He was going to become a dancer whether Principal Lee, his father, or the rest of the world liked it or not.

“That isn’t good enough in the real world, Heechul-ssi. Nonetheless, the state test is coming up and the school cannot be ranked low for the third year. Both of your grades are poor, so unless you can bring them up, you, Heechul-ssi, cannot perform at the talent show-”

“What?! You can’t do that!”

“And Kangin,” He continued, ignoring Heechul protests - Kangin froze, afraid of what would be taken away from him, “you cannot compete in the next judo match until you do so also.”

“But, Gyojang-nim-!”

“Your complaints are not going to change this fact,” Principal Soo Man stated, then turning to the boy who had been quiet this entire time, “Jungsu-ssi, would you mind tutoring them? I know I may be asking for much, but you are one of my best students and I need some of your work ethics to rub off on these boys.”

“Yes sir,” Jungsu stood up, “I will tutor them.”

“Great!” He clapped his hands together, a smile wide upon his hardly aging features, “Heechul-ssi, Kangin-ssi, please accept your new tutor, Park Jungsu-ssi, well.”

Yeah, nothing good ever comes from the Principal’s office.


Look it that, chapter 2 is out! And Leeteuk is here! :D

Sorry, for the long wait, but I made it up by a relatively long chapter!

This is longer than I ever thought I would write for this story because I don't know where I'm going with this. LOL

But, it's kidna fun writing it. I can be silly with it. Like that BET comment lol

Now I'm sure that's where Heechul learned his English from. LOL

But anyway, I will introduce more characters soon!

THANK YOU FOR SUBSCRIBING!! I honestly don't know why you guys did lol but thank you very mch! <3

Comments would also be appreciated :P