Jihyun POV

When blood calls…

The play went by smoothly. I’ve tried to watch over the dark theater to see if oppa was still there in one piece. Luckily, for Gayoon, he was…

I watched her every move carefully while I acted facing the crowd. If she was going to do anything I was ready; but she didn’t. She remained almost impassive the entire play, sometimes glancing at a guy seated in the third row and sometimes simply closing her eyes. I wasn’t even sure she actually paid attention to the play or if she was just dozing out, but it didn’t matter anyway; the only thing that mattered was that oppa was fine.

The play ended and I went immediately to the changing room. I washed my face and change my clothes as fast as I could.

I walk out the room fast and find oppa and Gayoon in the crowd.

Hyungsik waves at me but Gayoon is looking away. She’s eyeing at someone…

‘You were incredible!’ his voice sounds cheerful and I smile.

‘Thank you’ I say honestly forgetting for a moment that Gayoon was behind him, now staring at me. I drop my smile when I see hers.

‘I’m so proud of you, baby’ he comes and hug me tight. I hug him back never taking my eyes of her. She smirks wiry in a strange way.

‘Unnie, you were great!’ she says in the fakest tone of voice I’ve even hear from her. She comes closer to hug me too. A brief touch of her cold hands give me the scoop, “she hasn’t eaten yet…!”

I move away from her touch and her eyes meet mines. Her stare is rather empty... nothing to read from them, nothing to not-read either. The absence of emotion in her eyes make me even more nervous. ‘Something isn’t right here…’

I fake a smile to her and move pass to grab oppa’s arm.

‘Let’s go eat to commemorate your successful night’ he says enthusiastic. We start walking and Gayoon follows glancing at that mysterious “someone” in the sea of people.

‘Who is she looking at?’ I glance too but I can’t find anyone interesting in all the people there. My eyes returns to her and she glares at me. I’m almost sure she’s trying to tell me something, but I can’t figure out what.

I return my attention to my boyfriend and we walk out the theater still followed by her.

Every time I glance back she’s there, walking behind us in silence. She keeps her strange emotionless face the entire time. She seems distracted somehow. She’s not mind playing anymore, she’s preoccupied by something but I can’t ask her now. I’ll have to wait until we get back home…

Hyungsik leads us to a fancy restaurant.

‘Gayoon-shi, is this place ok?’ he asks pointing at the entrance of the place. Gayoon nods with a small smile.

We enter and the waitress takes us to a free table next to a window. We sit and exchange a few comments about the place and the menu before ordering.

The dinner arrive and we eat mostly talking about simple things, “small talk”, as people say. Gayoon always playing her “we’re bffs” part very well in front of Hyungsik but sending me code stares every now and then. She’s trying to communicate with me, and I know is something of great importance because otherwise she wouldn’t be this strange… Something happened in between I got into the theater and the play started and I need to find out what.

‘I’m very tired…’ I say purposely yawning.

‘Awww, babe, of course, you must be dead’ he passes his hand over my head with a worried look. He’s not aware of the pun he just made so he’s surprised Gayoon giggled. ‘…Maybe we should call it for tonight?’ my boyfriend say with a silent sad smile. I nod.