Chapter 5

Changes

 

Kangin ran down the stairs of the school ignoring anything and everything. He had to find him, Leeteuk. He needed answers. Now. Once Kangin left the school building he sped up and ran through the gates, running and bumping into people on his way. He could hear them cursing him as he ran but he didn’t care.

 

‘Where? Where would he be?’

 

He ran to the café they had been at just god he couldn’t even remember when. He stopped at the corner to catch his breath and he dropped his hands to his knees, bending over and panting hard.

 

“Well you look like you’ve just run the marathon.”

 

He looked up to see Leeteuk standing in front of him; fancy clothes, neatly fixed hair, damn cigarette and all. Immediately Kangin forgot all about his weariness and launched himself at Leeteuk, pinning him to the wall of the café.

 

“Who the hell are you?!” he screamed at his face.

 

“I’m the guy that saved your . Twice. Why?” Leeteuk just smirked at him.

 

“Don’t play dumb! Why did I see you and me in that dream? And when the hell was that?” Kangin demanded and just pushed him harder against the wall.

 

Leeteuk’s smirked was wiped off of his face and he grabbed Kangin’s arm and took off his collar like it was nothing.

 

“This isn’t the place to discuss this. Follow me.” He began to walk down the street towards the fancy part of town. Kangin followed without hesitation. He was getting his answers and he was getting them now.

 

“I can’t just give you all the answers you seek Kangin.” Leeteuk suddenly spoke.

 

“What do you mean?” Kangin’s eyes narrowed.

 

Leeteuk stopped and turned towards him. “You must realize that I can not fill in all the gaps. I was not present at every part of the events that wiped away your memories. But I can fill you in on a lot.”

 

Kangin stopped to consider this for a moment before deciding that some answers were better then no answers at all.

 

“I’ll take what I can get.” Kangin grunted and began walking forwards. He passed right by Leeteuk and just continued walking towards the better parts of the town.

 

 

 

“Do you even have any idea where you are going?” He heard Leeteuk shout from behind, a smirk evident from the tone.

 

Kangin stopped, turned, and glared at the vampire, “I would if you would just get your up here.”

 

“Patience is a virtue.” Leeteuk chuckled and walked towards Kangin and stopped in front of him, “Are you sure? This is your last chance to back out.”

 

“Just give me the answers.” Kangin growled.

 

“Alright then grab my hand.” Leeteuk sighed and Kangin took the older man’s hand reluctantly.

 

He didn’t ask questions because, for some reason, he didn’t think he would get answers. But he had better get some answers to these questions or he was going to be unhappy. That never boded well for people; Kangin being unhappy that is.

 

Once Kangin grabbed his hand, Leeteuk smirked and then suddenly the whole world had vanished. They were floating, flying. Everything became a blur; the lights, buildings, trees, sky, everything just blurred together until it just faded out. Nothing existed, pure darkness.

 

Just for a split second and then, it was over.

 

“We are here.” Leeteuk just smirked at Kangin’s dazed expression.

 

“What the hell was that?!” Kangin panted from the floor.

 

He had never felt anything quite like that before and he knew one thing for sure; he sure as HELL never wanted to do it again.

 

“Oh but you will have to do it again.”

 

Kangin looked up, “You must be kidding me.” Leeteuk merely smiled.

 

Kangin groaned but then remembered something, “How do you do that?”

 

Leeteuk cocked his head to the side, “Do what?” Kangin just looked at him expectantly.

 

“I’m one of the oldest and most powerful vampires around Kangin. I do have a few extra powers then your average vamp.” Leeteuk rolled his eyes.

 

“So you have been reading my mind!” Kangin jumped up and yelled in triumph.

 

 

“I don’t need to half the time.”

 

“What?” Kangin hadn’t quite caught that; the whisper had been too low.

 

“Nothing. Now down to business.” Leeteuk shook his head and walked up towards the stairs.

Kangin took a look around the house they had, somehow, transported into. Mansion would be a better word for the place then just simply house. It was dark but he had enough light to see the different rooms that were on the first floor. Just inside the door he could make out what seemed like the den. It gave off kind of an older feeling, like it had been there for a long time and held a very interesting history. In fact the whole house felt like that.  It felt like, home. Why?

 

“Kangin?”

 

Kangin snapped out of his trance and looked towards the stairs to see Leeteuk standing there with a confused look on his face.

 

“Why does this place feel and seem so familiar to me?”

 

Leeteuk stepped back at the venom in Kangin’s voice. “Why? Why is all of this so familiar to me? Why do I feel like I already k now you when I know, for a fact, that I’ve only met you about 3 times! Huh?” Kangin stomped up to Leeteuk.

 

“Why? Why do I feel the need to hold you close, to be with you constantly? Tell me why Teuk!”

 

“W-what did you just call me?”  Leeteuk started to tremble. It wasn’t supposed to be like this. He wasn’t supposed to remember all this; it wasn’t supposed to happen like this at all!

 


“That blonde boy from my dream, that was you. Wasn’t it?” Kang in looked deep into Leeteuk’s frightened eyes.

 

“You were my-”

 

“Stop!” Leeteuk shouted, “Just stop it!”

 

Kangin just stared at the man, trying to figure out what he was doing. He wanted answers but at the same time he felt like now, after seeing that reaction, maybe it wasn’t the best time to ask for them.

 

“You always do this to me.” Finally it became too much and Leeteuk just fell to the floor, he gently settled down on the stairs and held his head in his hands.

 

“Always. Yet I never learn, I always go back.”

 

“What do you always go back to?”  Kangin kneeled down in front of the other.

 

Leeteuk raised his head up and looked Kangin straight in the eyes,

 

“You.”