Why?

Our tainted love story



DH2 Together

 

____________________________________________________________________

Kikwang whistled to himself as he walked through the aisle of flowers. Ever since he had met her, his life felt complete, she had pulled him out of the dark prison he had been stuck in. It was already their forth year as a couple. He inhaled the sweet scent of the white roses he had bought moments ago. "Her favorite," he thought to himself. He would hide them behind his back and when she opened the door, he would give them to her and peck her on the nose. She would be overjoyed. He imagined her smiling face when she received them. He sighed. She was so beautiful.

 

He walked out of the florist and headed to her house clutching the flowers and her present in his hands. He had spent a whole month working and saving up money just to buy this present; he would do anything to make her happy. He was planning to arrive at her house early to surprise her for her birthday. "Aish, what am I going to say," he thought. As he got closer to her door, all his nervousness disappeared. As long as she was happy, he felt happy too. She was his world, everything he ever wanted.

 

He knocked on the door but there was no answer. "She's probably still out," he muttered to himself. Strangely, the door was unlocked, so Kikwang went into the house. He decided to surprise her and wait for her inside, she wasn’t expecting him until seven o'clock but surely she would be happy to see him there.

 

"Ah this girl, she needs to be more careful," he thought to himself as he sat on the couch.

 

He scanned the row of photos hanging on the wall.

 

There was the photo of their first date.

 

"She looked so breathtaking"

 

Their first anniversary.

 

"So elegant"

 

The time they went to Lotte world together.

 

"She was adorable"

 

He smiled to himself. He felt like the luckiest man in the world. Hyori was his, no one else's. His heart belonged to no one but her.

 

After a few minutes, Kikwang heard a noise at the door. "I guess she's back," he smiled to himself. He tingled with excitement. When he heard her turning the knob of the door, he started singing.

 

"Hyori, Happy B-,"

 

Suddenly, the door burst open and revealed to Kikwang a horrid sight. The love of his life, the only woman he had ever loved, was kissing another man. This man wasn't just a stranger. It was his best friend, Yoseob. Kikwang stood there, feet glued to the floor, he couldn't believe what he was seeing, and he didn't want to believe it. His arms were around her; his hands were slowly making their way down to her waist. A tear slid down Kikwang's face.

 

"No, no," he thought to himself. Hyori turned around and saw Kikwang standing there, she gasped and pushed herself away from Yoseob. Kikwang dropped the roses and ran out of the house. She ran after him calling his name but he didn't stop.

 

"Kikwang, Kikwang, OPPA!"

 

"It can't be true, it isn't true, I don't believe it, I refuse to believe it," he cried.

 

His heart was cracking more and more with each step but he couldn't stop, he had to get away from them, away from her.

 

Kikwang shot up; sweat was dripping down his forehead. The memories of that day kept replaying in his head. Hyori's voice echoed in his head. Even though it was 2 years ago, he remembered that day very clearly. The day his life was shattered into pieces, when his world was ripped to bits.

 

*Ring ring* the sound of Kikwang’s phone ringing snapped him back to reality.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Kikwang, it's your aunt speaking."

 

"Ah, can I help you aunty?"

 

"Yes, I do have something I need help with."

 

"Yes, anything."

 

"I need you to come to America for a few months, to help me with my business."

 

Kikwang couldn't refuse. His aunty had raised him when his mum had run away, abandoning him.

 

"When?"

 

"I've booked you for a flight in two days time, someone will be sent over in a few minutes to pick you up, you shall stay in the hotel for now"

 

"A few months," he thought to himself. America would be good for him; it would take his mind off things for a while. He took out his suitcase and started packing.

 

Suddenly, a huge slap filled the house and the door slammed. Key walked by Kikwang’s room rubbing his red face and saw him packing clothes into a gigantic suitcase.

"Hyung, are you moving out, what about school next term, we have exams soon you know," asked Key.

"Neh, for a few months, aunty wants me in America, nothing I can do," replied Kikwang.

"That was the hardest slap I've received," exclaimed Key, "number sixteen, didn't even know her name."

"Key, I'm serious, I'm leaving the house to you for a year, take care of it for me," mumbled Kikwang.

Key's eyes lit up.

"Yeah sure," chimed Key as he rushed out of Kikwang's room.

"Strange guy," thought Kikwang to himself as he resumed packing.

 

Key entered his room and opened up his laptop. "Just my luck," he thought to himself. Gyuri was online. He clicked on her name and started typing.

 

Conversation:

Key: Gyuri ah, where are you now? :3

Gyuri: the train~ ㅋㅋㅋ can't wait to see you ><

Key: can't wait either ;)

Gyuri: :DD

Key: Good news though.

Gyuri: what what

Key: I have a house for you ;P

Gyuri: omo. Really? How much is the rent though.

Key: I'll give you a discount ;)

Gyuri: Aishhh KEY. Stop joking around ; _ ;

Key: No really, I'm serious. The house is mine so don't worry about it. I can charge whatever I want?

Gyuri: REALLY? OMG KEY OPPA THANKYOU (⌒▽⌒)

Oh I gtg now, 20 minutes till we arrive~

Can you help us pick up a Seoul High School enrollment form on the way?

Key: Sure ;) I'll pick you guys up at the station

Gyuri: Bye :))))

 

Gyuri has logged out.

 

"HYUNG IM GOING OUT FOR A WHILE," shouted Key as he walked out of the house.

 

"Neh, goodbye my friend." whispered Kikwang

____________________________________________________________________

 

 

The train pulled up to the station and you began to stir.

"_____, We’re here," whispered Gyuri.

 

You opened your eyes and looked out the window. It was completely different to Damyang. A giant crowd stood on the platform. "I guess they weren't lying when they said Seoul had a giant population," you thought to yourself. Soon, you were pushed out of the train by a bunch of people.

 

In the distance, a boy wearing a red hoodie waved at you.

"Oppa!" shouted Gyuri, and then she blushed. You had never seen this side of Gyuri before.

"Gyuri, blushing?" you thought.

 

He came over and wrapped his arm around your shoulder. This gave you a shock. Gyuri's shoulders fell but she forced a smile.

"Hey cutie, what's your name?" he asked.

"Who does he think he is?" you thought to yourself as you pushed away from him.

"Don't worry _____, this is Key," explained Gyuri. He gave Gyuri a wink and she blushed even more.

"It's so good to finally meet you," he said.

"Yeah," replied Gyuri.

 

He causally placed his arm around Gyuri’s waist but she didn't seem to care. You narrowed your eyes slightly. "Aish, how long have these two known each other," you thought as you struggled to catch up. You puffed your cheeks up and ran behind them, Key had taken your best friend away from you.

 

Gyuri seemed to like him but there was something about him that didn't feel right to you. He gave you an uncomfortable feeling, like he was hiding something. You decided to keep it to yourself for now, you didn't want to upset Gyuri. "First impressions aren't always right," you thought to yourself.

 

He lied so easily but of course, none of you would've known. You couldn't see what was really behind those dark, mysterious eyes. Even if you did realize, it was already too late.