New beginnings

Our tainted love story

 

(Rainy days one way)

 

You had peddled as fast as you could but by the time you got to the cemetery, it was already dark. You ran straight into the graveyard.

"Goodbye mother," you sobbed as you fell beside your mother’s gravestone. You brushed the dust off it gently. The tears silently flowed down your cheeks. "I'll come and visit you again soon, I promise, I'll miss you so much and I promise I'll never forget about you." You stayed there for a few more minutes and tears slid down your face. “I’m sorry umma," you whispered. "I love you, happy birthday. “After one last look, you started riding to Gyuri's house, not knowing where this path would lead you.

 

You ran down the dark alleyway under the moonlight in fear of being seen. The cool breeze brushed across your face and you felt a shiver down your spine. You couldn't risk getting caught. This was your last chance.

"Gyuri, unnie?" you whispered into the phone

"_____, I'm going to let the down the ladder, climb up and we'll discuss our plans," she whispered back.

Silently, you climbed up, not looking down. You got to her window and it was shut. Then, you tapped 3 times to signal that you were there, she opened the window and you climbed in.

 

"Marriage, _____. The old mans gone too far this time," exclaimed Gyuri as you plunked yourself on her carpet. Then, she held up two train tickets in front of your face.

"When I booked the tickets last month, I bought two," explained Gyuri, "Sulli unnie was coming with me, until she got the offer to study abroad, they didn't give refunds so I had to keep them."

"What about.. school," you asked.

"Pabo, did you forget?" laughed Gyuri. "My mothers friend is the principle of Seoul High School, I'm sure we'll work something out."

"I guess we have to thank them then," you smiled. "Where are we living though?"

Gyuri laughed. "I met someone online, he told me he was could help us find a house, he seems like a really sweet guy, what’s the worse that could happen?"

Gyuri opened up her laptop to reveal the conversation she had with him. You had to admit; he was a good-looking guy.

 

"Key, what a weird name," you laughed.

 

[Keys POV]

"Guess my next targets coming soon."

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

You groggily opened your eyes. The sun flooded through the blinds and you twisted on the bed. Yesterday was a blur and you wondered if it was all a dream. As you rubbed your eyes and sat up, Gyuri rushed into the room.

 

"Aish ______ you're so lazy," she exclaimed, dragging you out of the bed.

"Guess it wasn't a dream," you thought to yourself. Then it hit you. A huge smile spread out onto your face. You were going to Seoul. "The city of the future, maybe my dreams will come true," you muttered to yourself. You lay your head down on the soft pillow and fell asleep again.

 

Soon, the persistent Gyuri got you out of bed and dressed. She kept nagging you and telling you to hurry up. She could be so childish that sometimes you felt like the unnie instead of her.

 

As you stepped outside, you inhaled deeply. The air was sweet. The tiny leaves seemed to dance around on the pavement. You were finally leaving Damyang, leaving this tiny cage, escaping actually, breaking free. You were going to leave all the pain and sorrow behind in this small town and start your life again.

 

Moments later, a taxi pulled up onto the street and you both got in. On your way to the train station, you drove by the park that you once shared with "him". When the light switched from green to red and the car came to a stop, the memories came flooding back. The park, you hadn't been there in forever, it contained too many memories, too much pain. The only times you ever walked in there were with him. It was your special place. It was also the place that he had told you that he was in love with you.

 

You remembered the way he would look at you with his deep, brown eyes, his lips against yours, rolling down the grassy hills, how he would pick you up and twirl you around in the air and the romantic picnics under the stars. You had held onto this for too long, it was finally time for you to let go.

 

Soon you reached the station. The train was departing in just five minutes but because of a traffic delay, you were late. You and Gyuri sprinted towards the train, passing the gates just as the ticket collector was closing up. You were rushed onto the train and as you took a seat, the train left almost instantly. You looked up through the window at the fluffy, white clouds rushing by and you smiled to yourself.

"Goodbye Dj," you whispered. Then, you fell asleep.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Weow, double update. Hope you guys are enjoying this :P