Chapter 1: A Beginning

A Typical Train Ride Mystery

 

            Snow started to fall on to the cold hard ground. On a bench sat a young boy of fourteen years of age. He went by the name of Jaejoong. Jaejoong. He was waiting for a train to arrive. He was to go on to a special train arranged by his rich friend, TOP, with a couple of others. They were either his or his father’s acquaintances.

           Jaejoong and TOP had met at school. They had been in the same classes for three years. One day the teacher asked us to find partners for a project. As everyone scrambled around, he and TOP were the only ones left and became partners. As they got to know each other they became the best of friend.

            Jaejoong shivered as the cold wind managed to slip into his warm overcoat. He looked up to realize that the train had arrived as he was recalling his past. He quickly got up and slipped in with his trunk after him.

            When he walked inside the first thing he noticed was a giant bald walrus. He was surprised until he realized it was actually a man. A very disgusting man, but still a man. Next to him was a lady. She was very pretty, with brown hair that reached up to her elbows and a low cut dress that was way too low. She looked as if she were in her late twenties.

            Jaejoong then saw the other two. First was a beautiful young lady with brown hair that was tied up in a messy bun. Her eyes were hazel that gleamed with happiness and excitement.

            On her lap was a small girl. She looked exactly like the other woman with brown hair just below her shoulder blades and hazel eyes reflecting the same emotions of the other lady.

            They hadn’t noticed Jaejoong yet so he sat down at the end of the train where he could be at peace. He closed his eyes and dozed for minute or two, when he looked up he saw brown eyes staring right back at him.

             “Ahhhh!” he yelled grabbing the attention of everyone. The young woman came up and picked up the little girl.

             “I am very sorry about my daughter,” she apologized. “No, its fine I was just surprised” he replied. He was quite surprised that the young woman was actually a mother. She looked only twenty!

              The young girl stared at me until he asked “Is there a problem?”

              “You look funny,” she stated with a blank look. He thought about how he looked. He had black hair and hazel eyes. There wasn’t anything unusual about how he dressed or looked.

               “Amy!” her mother scolded. “I’m sorry about my child. By the way my name is Abigail. Abigail Adams.”

               “No, its fine” he responded. “My name is Jaejoong.”

                They talked for a while and got to know each other. They lived in Eastern Europe and were going to visit TOP. Abigail had been TOP’s nanny before she had Amy. He learned that she was actually thirty-two though she looked only twenty. He also learned that she had a bad relation with the other lady, Mrs. Stephens who was actually married to the old fat man he saw when he first arrived.

                They talked until it was nightfall. The train was to arrive at TOP’s house in a week. They left to go to their beds.

                 He awoke and quickly got dressed. He left his room and saw Abigail and her daughter Amy eating what seemed to be cereal. He sat in front of them and also ate the breakfast laid out in front of him.

            Afterward they began to talk again. In the middle of their conversation Mr. and Mrs. Stephens came in. They sat and minded their own business until Mrs. Stephens decided to join in our conversation.

            She was very rude. She picked fight with Abigail as much as she could. Besides that they had a wonderful conversation.

            It soon became night and they went to their respectful rooms to sleep the night away. As he flopped down upon the bed he realized it has been a while since he had this much fun talking to someone. He had TOP and all, but he was the type to get along well with anyone so he was lost in the crowd of TOP’s many friends.

            As sleep overcame him he hoped that he wouldn’t come and ruin it like always. He really, really hoped. But what he didn’t know was that it was a lost cause.