D-Day

First cut is the deepest

The date

Katalk~~..

You have 1 unread message.

Hye yeom!
I’m at the café.
Blue jeans and black top okay?
Can’t wait to see you!
 <3<3<3

- AJ

 

“Uwahhh!! Three freaking hearts. He’s so sweet.”

Sooyoung sudden loud voice surprised you. “I’m so jealous..” she pouted.

“There’s nothing to be jealous of. It’s normal to put emojis in text nowadays.”

“Ani.. Ain’t no man just decided to put hearts in text without any meaning.”
Sooyoung argued.

“Btw, how did he get my number? I don’t remember giving it to him. Is this? Yahhh Choi Soo…”

 Your words stopped there when she grabbed your hand and say “OMO! You’re late. Let’s go now!”


 

The nearer you are to the café, the faster your heart beats. You wish Sooyoung had been slower just so you would have more time to prepare yourself. You can feel your body sweating and your hands shaking when Sooyoung said you have arrived at the café.
 

“Here we are!” Sooyoung said cheerfully.

No response.

“_____. Yah! Can you hear me? Why are you shaking? You okay?” She asked worried.

“Nope. Not okay.” You replied.

“Aigoo. Don’t fret okay? Just be yourself and enjoy the date.”

“Now, now. Go into the café and have fun!”

 

She pushed you through the front door. Rather loudly at that. All eyes are you and you can feel the heat coming to your cheeks. Quietly, you start cursing your bestfriend for being so obnoxious and loud. Just when you thought it was over, you heard someone shouting.
 

“Kim ____, FIGHTING!”
 

It was Sooyoung, cheekily laughing and waving at you before she walked away as if nothing had happened. Without realising, you automatically bowed to the people; feeling sorry and embarrassed for the incident just now. You scanned through the café looking for Gikwang, but you couldn’t find him. Besides, there were too many people wearing black. You decided to go to the far end of the café, near the windows where there aren’t many people around. Taking out your phone; you quickly dialled his number.

 

“Yoboseyo. It’s Kim ___. I have arrived but I couldn’t see you anywhere.”

“Really? Where are you? I am sitting by the window.”

You looked around. Still there’s no sign of him.

“Should I come and get you. Just tell..”

Someone bumped into you.

“Sorry. I am so sorry”

“It’s okay. It’s my fault for standing in the way”

You continued talking to your phone, “Gikwang? U still there?”
 

You heard the person in front of you giggled. You look up and the person looks familiar, you thought. You stood there for a few seconds until it hits you that it’s Gikwang. How did you know? Well..
 

“You don’t recognise me? It’s me Gikwangie,” he smiled flashing his eyesmile.

“Ohh.. Sorry. It’s just that you look different.”

“Yeah. Well, a little bit?” he laughed.

“No. A LOT. And I mean A LOT.”