Fateful meeting?

First cut is the deepest

 

It’s been almost two years since you move to Naju. Now, you have lots of friends and life is getting better too. Sooyoung has become your best friend and you both always hang out at each other place every so often.

Sooyoung’s house

“Yahh! Choi Sooyoung. Michyeoso? What if we get caught?” you said almost screamed.

“Aishh.. Syhhh.. We’ll be dead if mom and dad know about this” she whispered desperately.

“If you know, then why are you showing me this?”

“I feel that you’re too innocent and I decide that it is time for you to learn the adult life. Isn’t me a good friend?” she smiled evilly.

“I don’t care. I don’t want to see this. It’s disgusting!”

“What is disgusting? It’s not like they’re or something. That’ll be the next level after you passed this one. Come on!”

“Wait what? There are even stages? You’re really crazy Sooyoungie. I know you’re a ert but this is too much. Come on. Let’s do something else, pweaseeee!” you begged using aegyo asking for her sympathy.

“Haishh. You’re really stubborn. Okay but don’t come ask me to teach you when you’re on a guy okay?” she giggled.

“Yahhh! You really think I’m a ert like you?” you said hitting her slightly on the head.

“Ouchh. Okay okay. Arasso.”

 

School

Today you have Taekwondo practice at school. Your club is preparing for a performance for the school sports day. As much as you love Taekwondo, you never really have luck to pass the grading easily. You either got stuck on traffic, injured or forgot the grading day. That is why you only got blue belt although you’re already 17. Conversely, the 15-year-old Sandeul has already gotten the 2nd dan black belt even though he started a little bit later than you.

 

“Ahh, I got about 30minutes before the practice start. I’d just go and see what Sooyoung is doing”

 

Sooyoung was in the dance club. She really is a dance machine. You wish you can dance like her but your body is too stiff. Sooyoung used to try and teach you, but she gave up. You don’t mind though. It’s not like you are really into dancing. You prefer being the audience than the dancer. You were walking in the hallway, when suddenly someone bumped into you. The books were scattered all over the floor.

 

“Ohh. Mianhaeyo. I was careless” he said.

“It’s alright. That happens” you said while helping him take the books that was on the floor. You saw the name; Lee Gikwang.

“So your name is Lee Gikwang. From Yr 2, Science Class 1?”

“Yeah. How do you know?” he asked confused.

“It was written on your books.”

“Oh. No wonder. Nice to meet you Miss …?”

“Oh. I am Kim ______. From Accounting Class 1. The same year as you.”

“I see. Now that I looked at you. I think I saw you somewhere before.”

“That is normal. We’re in the same school anyway”

“No what I meant was… Ah-ha! Two years ago you bumped into me on your first day of school!”

“What?” You stopped and think for a moment.

“Ahh. So you’re the late boy, right? You still remember that. I have already forgotten that incident.”

“Of course. How could I forget a girl like you?”

“What do you mean?”

“I haven’t yet got my revenge on you.”

“…..”

“I’m just joking. You’re still the same. Blank as ever,” Gikwang said laughing.

“Well. I gotta go now.”

“See you again” he said waving at you.

“See you too!” you replied.

“Wait. We’re not even friends. It’s not like we will see each other again. Plus Science students are on different buildings. Oh well, whatever” you said to yourself while making your way to Sooyoung’s dance club.