Trapped Inside a Circle

The Island

The 3 minions, Kai and, Chen look at Kris' and Kaoru's retreating figure.

Kaoru suddenly stopped in her tracks and marched back towards them, to the happiness of her admirers . Kris followed closely behind her. He was tensed, thinking that Kaoru is going to back out and he have to spill his deepest secret to Xiu Min.

"You guys better stay right here." Kaoru glared at them.

The boys  were mumbling and whispering at each other, wondering what Kaoru was saying. She went to the life raft and pick up the broken paddle .

The boys were silent as they observe Kaoru. She's backing out! She's backing out! were the thoughts that ran in their heads.

Xiu Min who was smiling evilly, was now trembling in fear. He thought that Kaoru will beat him up with the paddle. sh*t! What did I get myself into. Oetteokhe?!  and then the Bun widened his eyes when Kaoru turned the broken paddle upside down. She checked the  jagged edge of the chopped off handle  if it was sharp. Solma... Is she going to skewer me with it? Umma!!!!!!!!!!!!

She then proceeded to draw a big circle around them. Xiu Min let out a big sigh of relief  "whew". 

"Once I found out that you guys are creeping on me and Kris... and believe me, I will. You are so going to get it." She glared at Xiu Min. "All. of. you.,", she sweeped her index finger at all of them.

She draw random Japanese quotes some in Chinese characters, some in Hiragana and Katakana, some in English. She wrote in a cursive, lazy style that only she can understand. She wrote it around the circle in a vertical manner.

The boys were confused at what Kaoru was doing. She proceeded to draw another circle around the characters and then another circle around it and then another set of characters and then another circle and then another set and another set until she was sure that even the tallest guy inside the first circle that she drew couldn't jump over it without messing up the lines and quotes that she wrote. She was that neurotic about others spying on her.

The exo guys who were inside the circle look like people who are going to be exorcised.

"I feel like we're evil and  she's trapping us inside" D.O whispered. "The only thing that she's missing is throwing salt at us."

The admirers glared at him. Nobody talks sh*t about their woman like that.

"If one of you messes up this circle. All of you will regret it."  Once again, she made eye contact with all of the exo guys inside the circle and ended up with Xiu Min, shooting glares at him.

Kris translated what Kaoru said but he toned it down. This woman is scary.

"I will know if you try to fix it or alter it in any way." Kaoru chuck the paddle to the side. "I will know." She repeated.

"You better stay where you are If you know whats good for you." She pointed her index finger at Xiu Min.

She faced Kris "Make sure they understand every single word I said."

"I'll wait for you behind that tree." Kaoru pointed to a tree about 10 yards away, into the forest. Then she stomped her way towards the forested area and left Kris to do the translation.

"Oooooooooooooh, She's pissed." Xiu Min look at Kaoru's retreating back and then he smirked at Kris "Good luck marking her Kris."

"Shut up." Kris mumbled and did the translation.

___________________________________________________

 

Not long after Kris found Kaoru sitting on the forest floor with her back resting against the tree.

Kris gulped. He's nervous. How is he gonna go about it? 

Kaoru scratched the back of her ear. She was playing with her right earlobe. She was nervous too, debating whether to tell Kris about her disorder or not. She doesn't trust anyone but she needed to tell at least one person if she don't want to end up killing someone. Xiu Min's dare gave her an idea to isolate Kris and tell him. If she sees the slightest clue that he won't commit and be her person after she tells her about her disorder until they get out of this freaking island, she would...she would.....she sighed, she didn't know yet. She would definitely do something about it but she didn't know how far she would go to convince Kris to look out for her. Kris was the best candidate out of all of them because he speaks English, he's responsible and he has initiative.

The downside about telling Kris is he might use this info against her. She bit her lip. She look up at Kris, searching his eyes for what? She doesn't really know. She wants a sign that will tell her that this guy can be trusted. They locked eyes. Kris was staring into hers nervously. He was wondering If she was nervous too. For sure the act itself would make things more awkward between them.

He wasn't bothered about doing it, the fact that it was Kaoru is the reason. Not that he find Kaoru ugly. She is pretty in her own way, average looking perhaps, not too pretty, not too ugly. Basically, she had an okay looking face, he can deal with that. She was really really short too. Not that he have a problem with short girls. It's just troublesome to bend over to kiss short girls, other than that he was fine with her. It doesn't look like she's into him though. He's not one to complain, he's not into her. Okay so maybe there was something. It started when he held her after her rampage. She looked so fragile then, makes him want to protect her. He's scared of what's going to happen between them after marking her, he might end up developing feelings for her. He doesn't want that, she has that Dan guy after all. What hurts the most is falling for someone who doesn't want you.

"Kris" She spoke. 

Kris gulped. This is it! He's inexperienced but he'll just have to wing it. It won't be that hard right? Just bite her neck and that's it.

"I..." Is he dreaming or Kaoru suddenly looked vulnerable for a second there. She's nervous too. He can tell.

"Tell me.... I know it's hard for you. It's hard for me too." He encourage Kaoru to talk to him. Hopefully, it would make things less awkward.

"....."

"Kris, I..... do you promise not to tell anyone?"

"Don't tell me...She's hasn't done it before too! Kaoru, we're on the same boat. Don't worry. We'll help each other out." Was what Kris wanted to say but he settled for, "I won't."

Kaoru scoffed.

"Of course you'd say that. Everybody would say that."

Kris blinked. He was being honest. Really he was. He woudn't go off and brag about how he was the first guy to get to mark Kaoru. How could he? When he himself doesn't even know the ropes on how to go about it.

"Is my word not enough?"

Kaoru look down and shook her head.

"No"

"Ouch..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"So what now?"

Kaoru shrugged her shoulders.

"I need to tell you something"

"What?"

Kaoru shook her head.

"I need assurance that you won't use it against me." She said firmly.

"So you don't trust me?"

"Didn't we just make that one clear?"

"Umm Kaoru. Do you want me to be honest?" Kris decided to be bold.

"Just say it."

"You're saying that now but if what I say might insult you, you might beat me up."

"That's not going to happen now." She just had some good source of protein, she's pretty sure that she won't beat the crap out of him if what he says will tick her off.

Kris gave her a suspicious look.

"Are you scared of me?"

"You want me to be honest right?" Kaoru nodded.

He took a deep breath and nodded "Yes".

"Good"

Kris gave her a weird look.

Kaoru sighed.

"This is who I am. Okay?"

"Is this what you want to tell me?"

"Of course not"

"Then what? you can trust me." Kris was anticipating for Kaoru to tell him that she was inexperienced too. He wanted Kaoru to say it first before he'll say it.

"Easy for you to say."

"...."

"It's not my fault that you have trust issues, Kaoru. Just don't tell me then." Kris crossed his arms. If she won't admit to it first, then there's no way he'll say it before she does. "C'mon let's do it." He just wants to do the dare and be done with it. Inexperience people can't tell the difference anyways, so they're even.

Kaoru clicked her tongue.

"If I don't tell you, there's going to be an accident that's bound to happen. And it involves you or your little ducklings."

What is she on about? What's the connection between a love bite and Exo?

"What do you mean?"

"I wanna know something that I can use against you?" She stared at him, observing the slightest clue if she got him right where she wants.

Kris' jaw dropped.  He didn't know what to make of it other than....At least she was straight to the point?

"Why would I tell you that?" Kris was curios. Is she teaming up with Xiu Min? That's highly unlikely, just looking at that bun faced moron is a red flag itself, that he can never be trusted.

"Look! I don't really care what happens to you and your boys. Maybe I might regret it....Okay so maybe I WILL regret it. If it does happen but I'll probably get over it for sure. Maybe 2 months tops..."

"Kaoru? What will happen?" Kris asked her seriously.

"..."

Kris sighed.

"Fine, I'll tell you." He smiled nervously. Should he tell her that he hasn't done it before.Whatever.

"I haven't done it before.... Marking someone." He blushed.

"Do they know about this?"

"I don't know... Maybe...Not sure"

Kaoru scowled. She wouldn't trade revealing her weakness for something that lame.

"Try again."

"What do you mean try again?" Kris look confused.

"Tell me something they don't know. Something YOU don't want them to know."

"That was it." He didn't wanna tell Kaoru about his family issues. She might sell it to some scandal magazine when they get out of this island and it might ruin his career.

"You're lying."

"I'm not"

Kaoru shook her head.

"Why don't you trust me?" Kris tried to convince Kaoru with the pity route.

"Because you're lying. I can tell." Kaoru crossed her arms and stretch her legs in front of her.

Kris was speechless. He was trying to come up with some other tactic to convince Kaoru that he wasn't lying.

"You and I are not going anywhere unless you listen to what I say. But I want you tell me something you don't want them to know first. I don't trust you. Okay? It's only fair that we trade information."

"Then tell me first."

"Who beg me to do the stupid dare?"

"...."

"You don't want to do the stupid punishment. Isn't that why we're here?"

"...."

"Tell me. What did Nikuman say that you beg me to do the dare with you?"

"...."

"You know full well what will happen if my patience ran out."

"Fine! Geez. I'll tell you about my family issues. The boys don't know anything about it. So please keep this between us."

Kaoru smirked. She won. She can tell that Kris was honest this time because his pupils didn't dilate.

"Go on, I'm listening."

So Kris told Kaoru about his issue.

_______________________________________

"I feel like we're sitting ducks." D.O said

"You know what. We can get out of the circle." Xiu Min stood up.

"How?" Chan Yeol asked.

"I don't think that's a very good idea." Su Ho said, taking Lay's head and placed it on his lap.

"Oh C'mon. You're not scared of her are you?"

They gave a pointed look at Xiu Min. He just rolled his eyes.

"You guys are such a wuss."

"Hyung! Where were you when she went crazy?" Baek Hyun  ask sarcastically. He was checking himself on his compact mirror again.

Xiu Min clicked his tongue." I pulled her off Kris while you guys were busy watching, being scared less."

"Then go make yourself the target of her wrath." Baek Hyun gestured for him to go out of the circle.

"Didn't you hear what Kris said? If one of us messes up the circle. we're all dead." Lu Han said. "So don't you dare mess it up Xiu Min. I don't wanna be on her bad side"

"Lu Han, Lu Han, Lu Han. Aren't you interested at all?" Xiu Min is trying to spark their curiosity enough to give him a hand to get out of the circle and spy on the couple."Hey guys, Aren't you?"

" No. It will just break my heart watching them." Se Hun said sadly. Baek Hyun gave him a weird look. How dramatic.

"You know what breaks my heart even more?" Baek Hyun directed his question at the moody Maknae. " Your sappiness, Thehun!"

"Shut up Baek Hyun!" Lu Han growled. Baek Hyun in turn just rolled his eyes and mumbled some nasty comment about the Hunhan unit.

"Umma, wants her privacy, so let's just give it to her." Tao said, acting mature all of a sudden. He was fine as long as his umma is with Kris, Se Hun or maybe Lu Han.

"It's Kris anyways, He'll be gentle with her." Su Ho tried to comfort them but what he said can be taken differently. The admirers got a sudden stab in their heart.

"I couldn't say it's the same for Kaoru though." Xiu Min laughed. " he'll probably get himself killed after marking her. Hahahaha."

Kai was silent the whole time. He wants to stop it. He just couldn't accept it and It was Kris of all people. The guy he hated the most. He stood up. All eyes were on him.

He turned around and brought his feet up to take his first step that would mess the circle. Tao who was sitting near him manage to stop him.

"Kai! What's the matter with you?" Baek Hyun reprimanded Kai. He didn't want to get punished for something he didn't even do. "If you want to see it so badly then do so without messing up the circle. Don't drag me with your stupidity and have me punish as well."

"How am I suppose to do that?!" Kai seethed glaring at the stupid circle.

Baek Hyun just gave him a pointed look. " How is that any of my problem?"

"I want to see it, Kai wants to see it. Who else is with me?" Xiu Min asked.

"I don't want to take a risk but If you have a great idea, then Hyung I'm in." Chan Yeol said.

"I don't want to take a risk" Baek Hyun mocked Chan Yeol by imitating his deep voice. " Any attempts to get out of the circle is a risk! Moron!".

Chan Yeol just shut his mouth.

"Don't listen to him Chan Yeol." Xiu Min said. "I have a brilliant plan."

"What?!" Chen asked desperately. "I want to stop them!"

"No! You're not coming with us, Chen2x. You stay here. You'll blow our cover. I still like my head where it is. Thank you very much." Xiu Min said.

"Kai, You can read Japanese right?" Xiu Min tried to decipher what Chinese chracters he can make out of Kaoru's bad hand writing. "Lu Han, Tao. A little help here."

"No. Count me out." Lu Han said and position himself to take a nap by laying his head on Se Hun's lap. He was pissed off at Xiu Min for daring Kris to mark Kaoru. The only thing he can think of right now, is it to nap away the jealous feels.

"I'm not nosy like you, Baozi-hyung." Tao said.

"I got something." He pointed at the Japanese Hiragana characters and read it out loud " ip...pen...shinde....mi..ru" Kai scratched his head. " Shi....ne..taaai. nara....maru kara de....tte, Shi...ne..ta..ku.na....i... nara....naka...ni....matte."

"What did it say?" D.O stood up and look at the characters that Kai was pointing.

"Iiii...It's all threats. Wanna die, If you wanna die then get out of the circle, If you don't want to die wait inside." Kai translated.

"She's bad news." D.O scrunched his nose.

"No she's not!" Se Hun defended. " Put yourself in her shoes. She's just protecting her privacy."

"Sorry... but she shouldn't throw out death threats though. That's just not nice."

Su Ho nodded, agreeing with D.O.

"So Kai, can you copy her hand writing?"

"No. Too hard for me... Her Shi's are so weird and squigly." Kai said in frustration. He sat down and gave up.

___________________________________________

"If you go telling that to the boys, it will hurt my feelings."

"I won't"

"Your turn."

"You can't tell anyone about this. I will kill you and the person you told."

"Stop that."

"Stop what?"

"The threats. You shouldn't do that. You're a girl."

"Oh? SO now you're giving me a lecture"

"No, no, no, no. I'm not."

Kaoru gave her an oh-really look.

"Okay so maybe I am."

"You better not tell anyone."

"I won't"

"I have a disorder."

"are you bipolar?"

"No. I go on a rampage if I don't eat some protein source."

Kris laughed. Kaoru scowled.

"You don't belive me."

"That doesn't exist."

"It does. I have it. I can only go on for 3 days without protein. Luckily I knocked out before I did something serious on you."

"I got some few bruises."

"Consider yourself lucky."

"How long have you had it?"

"Started when I was a kid. But it took years to figure out what was wrong."

"Wow. Didn't you get in trouble for it?"

"No. I had someone back then...."

"Probably Dan..." Kris thought

"So that's it? That's the big secret?"

Kaoru nodded.

"So why did you decided to tell me?"

"I don't wanna do something I'll regret.... If I end up hurting someone in this freaking island or worse kill one of you guys, we'll share the blame."

"Wait. wait..How is it my fault too?"

"Because you know about my disorder and you fail to do something about it. At least it won't make me feel that bad if I end up killing... say for example Nikuman."

"You you're not seriously going to... right?"

"Of course not. He's just been getting in my nerves lately."

"I know. Right"

"But if I'm low on protein I seriously don't know"

Kris massage his neck. Another responsibility.

"Fine. I'll protect you from yourself."

Kaoru snapped her head up to look into Kris' eyes. She was surprised. She didn't think Kris would take the responsibility. She thought that it would need a lot of threats for him to carry out the responsibilty and keep it between them.

The corner of curved into a subtle smile. She held her arms out for Kris to take, to help her in a standing position.

Kris looked at her arms that's outstretched towards him. He gave her a confuse look.

Kaoru shook her arms "Help me up"

Kris rolled his eyes and smile down at her. He took her hand and pulled her into a stading position.

Kaoru dust off the leaves and soil. She then dust off her hands before she started ing her blousse.

Kris eyes widened in shock. How could he forget that they have a dare to carry out. She doesn't look fazed at all. She must've done it before with that Dan guy. ! How do I leave a mark? Do I really have to bite her? Omigawd!!!!

_____________________________________

"Chan Yeol, Kai. Boost me up" Xiu Min ordered. He had an idea on how to get out of the circle without messing it. Since they were under the tree, he can just ask help from his mates to boost him up to the nearest branch and jump outside the circle.

"Then who's going to help me out?" Kai pointed out.

"Chan Yeol will have to boost you up and I'll help you from up the branch." Xiu Min rubbed his hands together excitedly.

"What about me?"

"Umm....... Kai and I will help you up from up the branch?" Xiu Min wasn't so sure if that plan would turn out well. If not, who cares, they will just have to leave Chan Yeol behind.

"You don't sound so sure, Hyung." Chan Yeol said.

"Because he's not" Baek Hyun pointed out. "He's just using you. When he gets to the branch, he'll jump out of the circle without a single glance back."

Xiu Min made a face at Baek Hyun.

Kai and Chan Yeol gave him a suspicious look.

"Look, I'm short. You guys are tall." Xiu Min showed them his all kill aegyo.

________________________________________

Kaoru brushed her hair with her hands and bunched it up and place it on her side of the shoulder.

"Kaoru....I...."

Kaoru looked up at him and raised her eyebrows, waiting for him to finish his sentence.

"I don't know how to do it...." Kris kept his gaze down. "You have to teach me."

"What are you talking about?" Kaoru was no combing her tangled hair that was on her right shoulder.

"Leaving a mmma...ma..mark... I don't want to bite you." Kris scratched his head nervously.

Kaoru just shook her head. She took off her blousse.

Kris was trying to calm himself.

"She unstrap her holster and took out a small plastic bottle."

Kris averted his eyes up.

Kaoru squirt some liquid gel on her hands and rubbed her hands together.

"You want some?"

"Huh? Ummm......" Kris focused his eyes anywhere but Kaoru.

"Hand sanitizer."

Kris look down slowly and settled his gaze on Kaoru's face.

"Do you want some?"

Kaoru showed him the litte bottle of purell.

"What for?"

"To disinfect your hands. "

Kris held out his hand nervously.

While Kris was rubbing his hands clean, Kaoru put the bottle of purell back into her holster and check the contents if nothing was missing. Then she check her pocket. Something was missing.

"Where's my penlight?"

"I think it's with Xiu Min."

"What the hell? Why? How? When?"

Kris was startled.

"Sorry I just don't like it when people touch my things without my permission."

"I understand."

"Can you sit down and stop acting all fidgety around me? Staring up at you is freezing my neck solid. Sit down."

Kris bit his lip." It will be my first time... Of course I'm Nervous! aren't you?"

"You make me feel like you don't want me anywhere near you."

"No.no.no.no That's not true." Kris said quickly.

"Then act natural. I have something on you. You have something on me. We're even. So stop acting like I'm going to kill you any minute now."

"I'm not worried about that. It's just that this will be my frist time"

"Firs time for what? Keeping a secret from the Exo boys? You're keeping your family issues all to yourself. I don't see how any of it is your first time."

"Huh?"

Kris and Kaoru were not on the same wavelength.

"Sit down. Let's just talk while waiting. We're partners now."

Kris sat down and draw his knees to his chest.

"The dare says to back hug you. It's hard... I think... in a sitting iposition" Kris explained keeping his eyes on the sandy ground.

"you're nervous about the dare? Is that what it is?"

Kris nodded timidly. "Aren't you? Please don't mock me for being inexperienced."

Kaoru snorted.

"I'm not and we're not doing it."

"We're not?" Kris look at Kaoru "Why?...I mean... I'll bite you as gently as possible... Uhh... This is so weird."

"Kris, you don't need to bite to leave a mark. does the job.."

"Then I have to on your neck then?  That's even more...."

"disgusting?"

"No. no. no. Sensual. sort of."

"Don't worry we're not doing it.  I dont want anything on my neck. My skin is sensitive around my neck area. Anything will trigger a case of acne. and it's been what? 4? 5 days since we're stuck in the island without brushing our teeth. There's a lot of bacteria in one's mouth."

"So how am I going to mark you then?"

"I'm marking myself" Kaoru said she's been pinching a side of her neck for the few minutes, after she disinfected her hands with a hand sanitizer

"Oh." Kris was glad that he didn't have to do the dare. And to top it all, he got what he wanted. He was now back on friendly terms with Kaoru. The tension was now gone. He was glad that Xiu Min annoyed him enough to make a fool of himself and ask Kaoru to do the dare with him.

"We found a fresh water lagoon the day before I tried to beat you up." Kaoru continued to pinch her neck.

Kris laughed.

"What's so funny."

"Nothing you'e just so blunt."

"Get used to it."

He rolled his eyes.

"How far is it?"

"Not that far."

"Do you know anyone who wants you guys dead?" Kaoru change the topic when she remembered the map of Asia that she made back in camp.

"Huh? No. Why?"

"The plane crash. I think someone was behind it"

"What do you mean?" Kris was all business now.

"C'mon. I'll show you the map." Kaoru stood up and dusted off the dirt. Kris followed, and stood up.

"You have a map with you?"

"No... Hey, Is the mark visible now?" Kaoru titled her neck to show Kris the supposed love bite.

"Yeah. It's red. Is it suppose to look red?" Kris look at the fake hickey,  "isn't it suppose to be purple?"

"It will be."

Kaoru started her way back to camp.

"Wait!" Kaoru stopped and look at Kris.

"Let's do the trust game first"

"What's that?"

"Fall on your back and I'll catch you. I'll  fall on my back too and you catch me."

"You're such a kid."

"C'mon. I feel uneasy if we don't do it."

"Fine"

Kaoru walked back to where Kris was standing.

"You go first" Kris turned Kaoru around. Kaoru didn't flinched at the contact this time.

"So I'll just free fall on my back and you catch me?"

"Uh-huh. I'm ready"

Kaoru sighed and fall freely back. Kris caught her with no problem.

"You can trust me." Kris said.

"I have to."

Kris just rolled his eyes. He's getting use to Kaoru's remark.

"you're turn to catch me."

Kris took a deep breath and extended his arms out like a bird extending its wings, then he started falling backwards.

Kaoru caught him but he was too heavy, She couldn't support his weight.

"Kris! you're too heavy!" Kaoru grunted, as she support Kris' overbearing weight.

"Huh?" Kris tried to shift his weight to regain his footing but Kaoru's legs gave way and they fell to the ground.

Kaoru was squished underneath Kris.

"Ahh" Her s were squished. It seriously hurt.

Kris got off of Kaoru as quick as he can, he kneeled down by her side. Kaoru's clutched her upper chest with her right hand because clutching her is just too weird, so she settled touching her upper chest instead.

"I'm so sorry." Kris said, worry, written all over his face.

Kaoru hit Kris' knee with her free arm.

"You squished my s. You *ole!" Kaoru said through gritted teeth. She was still on her back.

Kris scratched the back of his head. Now that she mentioned it, he felt something soft on his hard back when he squished her.

"Sorry.."

"So much for the trust game" Kaoru mumbled.  She extended her arm to Kris anyways for him to help her up to a sitting position.

"Ah..." Kaoru massaged the midline above her .

She was glaring at Kris. Kris look at her guiltily. Then the two crack a smile and then they burst out in fits of alughter.

"You have the strength to beat me up but you couldn't even catch me. hahaha."

"Shut up!" Kaoru shoved him playfully "I caught you. You were just too heavy."

And the awkwardness between them was gone.

He laughed. He was glad he was talked into doing the dare. Kaoru stood up.

Kris extended his hand to Kaoru for her to help him up which she slapped away.

"I can't help you up Genius. You're too heavy."

"Ha! you're just too weak. Are you running low on protein now." Kris mocked.

Kaoru kicked him and left for camp.

"Hurry up!" Kaoru yelled back at him.

Kris smiled and went after Kaoru.

_______________________________________

"Yes!!!" Xiu Min grinned. " Good job you guys." He threw a thumbs up at Kai and Chan Yeol who boost him up to the nearest branch. 

Finally! After several attempts, he was free to jump out of the circle and spy on Kris and Kaoru.

"I'm sorry guys, we're running out of time. I'll just fill you in later." Xiu Min balanced himself on the branch and walk towards the tree trunk.

"Hyung!" Kai and Chan Yeol shouted at him.

"Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! What did I tell you?" Baek Hyun  look at the pathetic duo who got left behind.

Xiu Min manage to jump out of the circle. Getting back inside the circle is easy, Xiu Min told himself. He'll just have to climb on the tree trunk which was standing just outside the circle and jump back inside.

He grinned mischievously at the members that were still inside the circle. The guys became silent all of a sudden and went back to their own seats, pretending to stare at the campfire. He thought it was weird. They should be throwing curses at him but instead.... Whatever, Xiu Min shrugged it off and turned to go spy on the couple.

Then the poor bun found out the reason behind the sudden silent atmosphere. Right in front of him, coming towards him was none other than Kaoru and Kris. They were laughing but when Kaoru saw that he wasn't in the circle, the atmosphere became suffocating. He knew then that he was screwed. BIG TIME.

"I'll give you a minute to explain." Kaoru said. her voice icy. She was pissed all right.

"Noona! I told him, I warned him." Baek Hyun explained in Korean. It was just gibberish to Kaoru, so  she yelled at Baek Hyun to shut up.

The boys were scared now except Lay who was still in dreamland.

Kris translated what Kaoru said.

Xiu Min wracked his brains for a good alibi.

"Noona! I..I..I... needed to pee."

Although Kaoru didn't understand what he said, she could tell that Xiu Min was lying because his pupils were dilating trying to convince her.

"Lie. Try again"

Kris did his job. Xiu Min widened his eyes.

"I thought I saw a Komodo Dragon."

"Lie. Try again."

Kris did the usual translation.

Xiu Min scratched his head. "uhhh... I... I ... was hungry."

"Lie! Try again." Kaoru was gritting her teeth now.

"I need to see if you guys were okay. You know. I get worried easily. and Umm.. Yeah.. " Xiu Min finished nervously.

"LIE!" Kaoru growled. Then everything happened so fast. Xiu Min found himself slipping into unconsciousness.

She let Xiu Min's body slide to the ground after she cut off the blood circulation to his brain by locking his neck with her arms.

"Kaoru! We made a promise" Kris was no longer scared of Kaoru.

"He'll come around. Don't worry. He's just sleeping right now." Kaoru walked to where she drew her map. She left Xiu Min's body on the sandy ground. The boys were speechless. Chan Yeol and Kai were glad that Xiu Min left them. They don't want to end up like Xiu Min.

"Are you sure?" Kris was worried.

"I'm sure. Now Get over here and see this."

Kris dragged Xiu Min's body into the shade. D.O, took the initiative to help Kris.

After Kris was done dealing with Xiu Min's body, he went to Kaoru and listened on what she had to say about the plane crash.

Kaoru told Kris about her suspicions on the plane crash. She explained it by using the map. Kris was surprised at what Kaoru came up with. He found out that Indonesia was totally way off the plane's route from Thailand to South Korea. It was located further south, near Australia. So why were they here? Of all places?

"I can't think of anyone who hate us so much that they would pull this bizzare plan just to get rid of us. We're just new. It hasn't been 5 months yet since our debut."

"You said you guys are popular."

"Yes we are, but I don't think the other entertainment agencies will pay some pilot just to get rid of us."

Kris ask the other guys what they think about Kaoru's assumption and their opinions.

They can't think of someone who would get rid of them.

"Who would be deranged enough to pull this kind of stunt?" Kris said.

Kaoru thought about her grandpa. He's the type to do everything just to get what he wants. But what's he's motive? To get rid of her and Dan? What for? It just doesn't make sense. They were the only living relative he has left  aside from her brother who was working with him. Other than her grandpa, who else is crazy enough to pull this stunt? All she can think of is her grandpa's business associates. They're as rotten to the core as her grandpa.

"What about you Kaoru? Do you have haters?" Kris asked.

"I'm a nobody." Kaoru manage to say. It's possible, that it might be her grandpa's associates, but Kris didn't need to know that.

"Someone was behind this. I just know it." Kaoru said to herself.

______________________________________________

tbc.

This story will be on temporary hiatus. I'm not sure yet if I will be able to post another chapter before I leave as I will be probably busy with packing. I'm going on a 2 week vacation to Korea~~~~ and the week after that will be my rest week. So I'll probably update in a month or so.