finally...

My Heart's Melody (Part Two)

 

Author’s POV

                  Sandara and Jiyong we’re sitting side by side. Sandara stopped crying, while Jiyong’s hand still on her shoulders. They both stared at the beautiful stars, no one dares to talk, silence covered the whole rooftop. Few minutes later.....

 

“I think we should go back to the ceremony. The others might be looking for us.” Sandara said as she stood up, trying not to look at him.

 

“Being one of the popular student in a school”…  Jiyong suddenly started to talk which makes Sandara stop from walking and immediately look at him, confused.

 

Jiyong continued… “many will think that it’s fun because many are looking highly at you. But, they were wrong about that. I hate myself for being popular. If I have given the chance to undo it, I will. But no matter what I do, even I transfer school, I easily became famous. I don’t know what’s in me that draws their attention to me.”

 

Jiyong stood up, still not facing her while Sandara is still on her spot.

 

“We always switch houses from place to place because of my parents’ work. Everytime that happens, I’m always hoping that my life will change. But this life of mine is always a cycle. Change place, change school, but still remain to be famous. I thought that this school will still be a cycle.”

 

Jiyong slowly walks towards Sandara.

 

“But that thought was replaced… because of you. When I met you, everything changes. This once routine life became a surprising one. Because of you, I am always thinking that tomorrow will be another fun and exciting day for both of us. Do you remember when you always asks me why I’m staying here in the rooftop, doing nothing but just listening to you. I always say that I like the sound of your guitar.

 

Jiyong stopped when he was a few inches apart from Sandara.

 

“Actually… it’s not that. Even I want to say it, I can’t. But now… I’m risking everything even if you will reject me. I just want to say what I really feel towards you because there will be no next time telling this because I don’t want to regret it for forever. “

 

“This is the reason…”

 

Jiyong grab Sandara’s hand to pull her close to him. He cupped her face and suddenly kissed her. This makes Sandara froze. Jiyong broke the kiss and observe Sandara’s reaction.

 

Breaking the silence, Jiyong suddenly spoke..

 

“uhmm… I’m sorry Sandara, I was just…”

 

Sandara suddenly hugged Jiyong while crying which made him startled.

 

“I thought that it’s just me. At first, I don’t know what is this feeling. But, as time goes by, I now understand it,”Sandara said.

 

Jiyong smiled as he heard her saying those words. Both of them broke the hug. And all of a sudden while looking at Sandara,

uri seoro banmal haneun sa iga dwe gireul

 

Jiyong sang a familiar song.

 

ajik jogeum seotureugo eosaek hande do
gomawo yo raneun maltu daeshin
jomdeo chinhage mareul hae jullae

 

Sandara began to sing together with Jiyong.


uri seoro banmal haneun sa iga dwel geoya
hangeol eumsshik cheoncheonhi dagawa
ijen nae dununeul bara bomyeo mareul hae jullae

 

As if they read each other’s mind, both of them stop from singing. And said…


neol saranghae”