hard to say

My Heart's Melody (Part Two)

 

In those periods of times, there’s no single moment that I can forget the things we do together. From the first time we met until the day that we have to part ways. I can’t go to the school where Sandara and I planned to attend to. My parents wanted us to go back to our hometown and they wanted me to attend to a more prestigious school. I don’t know that telling her I can’t attend to the same school with her is this difficult. Since the moment we’re together, I’ve been feeling these strange things inside me that I really can’t explain.

 

This is the last day of our senior year. And this is also the day that I’ll be leaving. This is the last event of the school year, the graduation ceremony. Sandara has been asked to perform a song for everyone, since it’s the last day that we see each other.

 

She went on the center of the stage and started. She sang “Last farewell” by BigBang. While she’s playing, I stared at her, listened to her voice. How long will I not hear this beautiful voice again? How long will I not see that pretty face again? The teasing, happy times, sad times.

 

Then our eyes met. Suddenly, she played a different song, the song she sang the day we first met, the day we became best friends, the day she cried. That’s when I realized, I can’t imagine my college life not being with her, not hearing her voice, not seeing her.

 

After she performed, she looked scared as she exited the stage, covering her face. I followed her. I know that the place she’ll be going is to the rooftop. So I went there immediately. And, as expected, she’s really there, crying. I sat beside her, the same thing I did, the day we first met.

 

Seeing her cry like this hurts me. I now know the reason what I felt everytime I am with her, just listening to her voice. If only I can have the courage to tell her what I really feel. I hate myself for being this coward. I helped her concur her fear, I always gives her courage but I, myself, can’t tell her that... I love her.