Part I

Your Birthday - One Shot

"Are you ready Birthday Girl?" Kai tossed in the last bag and closed the back door of the car. 
"Yes!" you replied and ran down the door steps.
"I'm so excited!!" you giggled as you hopped on the car and fastened your seat belt. "Where exactly are we going?"
"You'll found out." Kai winked at you .
"Yah tell me now~~" you whined and you tugged his sleeve.
"It wouldn't be a surprise anymore if I told you, right?" Kai smirked and started the engine.
You pouted "I hope it's somewhere romantic..."
Kai smiled "You'll see." and drove off.


2 hours later
"Wake up _______. We're here!" Kai gently shook you and got out of the car. You sleepily unfastened your seat belt and slid out of the car. Your eyes widened at the view in front of you. Bright blue sky, crystal clear water, fine white sand. You were in Heaven.

"Omo Kai am I dead?" you looked at him in shock. Kai chuckled "No silly, we are at the beach! Come on let's go in." 
Kai took a few bags and made his way to a small beach house. You followed him inside and looked around. The sun reflected on the faint yellow walls and lit up the little wooden house. There were an open kitchen, a lounge, a dinning room, a bedroom and a huge front yard with a pool...
Kai put down the bags in the bedroom and called you. "________ you should see this!" you quickly ran to the room and followed his gaze. The view of the room was amazing. You could see the pool, the front yard and also, the beach and sea.
You gasped and flung yourself at Kai. You hugged him tight "I love you Kai, you're the best!" you beamed at him and squeezed him.
"Kekeke pabo. I love you too." he hugged you and ruffled your hair affectionately.
"Shall I make some lunch now?" he smiled at you as he slowly pulled away from the hug. 
You nodded and gave him an eye smile. 
"Alright I'll cook and you can unpack~" He softly patted your head and went to the kitchen, while you started unpacking.

30 minutes later
The smell of pasta was so tempting. You tummy rumbled and you decided to go out.
"Just right. I made your favourite Spaghetti Bolognese!" Kai placed two plates on the table and brought you to sit down next to him.
"Try it!" Kai took some pasta with his fork and guided to your mouth. You smiled and tasted the pasta.
"It's delicious!" you exclaimed and began to eat some more.
"Keke I'm glad you like it..." Kai shyly smiled and started his lunch.


"What should we do now?" you asked Kai as you two finished lunch.
"The weather is amazing. Should we go to the beach?" He suggested.
"Yay! I'll go get changed~" and you ran to the bedroom.
Minutes later you came out with a pink bikini, a pair of beach shorts and a thin white shirt.
"wow am I seeing a goddess?" Kai exclaimed and stared at you in awe.
"Oppa stop it" you blushed and hit his arm playfully. "Let's go out now!" you pulled his arm and headed out to the beach.
A few couples were strolling around the beach, but no one recognized Kai as an EXO member, so you two relaxed. As you took a deep breath, the salty air filled your lungs. "It smells so nice..."
You ran down to the sea and jumped into the water like a little kid. Kai followed after he took off his shirt. He ran to you and back hugged you. "Yah ______, don't have fun without me..." Kai slightly pouted and hugged you closer.
You giggled "How can I have fun without you...."
You suddenly pulled off from his embrace and turned around to splash water at him.
"Take that!" you laughed and continued.
"__________!!!" Kai coughed a few times but then he suddenly smiled.
You noticed his evil smirk "What's on your mind..." You knew what he was going to do when he was running towards you. You tried to turn away but he caught you by your waist.
"Ahhhhhhh" you screamed as he picked you up bridal style and held you high up.
"Nooooooooo!!!!" and he dropped you in the water.
"Yah Kim Jongin!!!" you coughed and pointed at him. He was laughing hysterically and couldn't control himself. You couldn't help but laughed at the crazy Kai. He was finally having fun and you were so glad to see him this happy. You haven't seen him like this ever since he debuted and was busy with his jam-packed schedule. You pretended to be angry but you couldn't help and smiled.You bit your bottom lip to hide your grin and splashed water at his face. You two played for the entire afternoon and you didn't notice how time flies.