10 Reasons Why I Love You (Jessica's Version)

10 Reasons Why I Love You

 

1. I love you because you’re beautiful.

I swear that my heart stopped beating when you walked by. Normally, I don’t notice others, much less take a second glance. However, it was different with you. I couldn’t take my eyes off you.

 

Your beautiful eye-smile that outshines even the brightest of gems. Your soft milky white skin that is fairer than the snow. Your proportionate curvy body that every girl desires. Your long silky black hair that I sometimes dislike because it covers up your beautiful face. Your luscious naturally red lips that I love to kiss. Every glance of you that takes my breath away. There are a thousand things that I can list to prove my point but I think that all I have to say is that you’re beautiful.

 

You’re beautiful on the outside and even more on the inside. You’re the kindest person I’ve ever met. The owner of the warmest and biggest heart. And the most beautiful person I’ve ever seen.

 

2. I love you because you’re not perfect.

Won’t it be boring if everyone was perfect? It is the flaws that individualize people. No one’s perfect but everyone is perfect the way they are.

You are perfect the way you are; you are my definition of perfection.

 

Of course there are things that you are lacking, but I am here to fill those spaces up. I’ll be the up in your downs. The sun for your moon. The black for your white. You might not be perfect but you’re the perfect match for me.

 

3. I love it when you make me smile.

 

I admit I do not smile very much. It’s not that I’m not happy; I just do not see any reason to. But that doesn’t seem to be the case when I am with you.

 

Being by your side, my smile hardly fades away. Those little things you do make me shiver from the top of my head to my feet. It’s new to me, those feelings of everlasting contentment and happiness that I feel when I am with you. Smiling does not take so much effort any more, because you make me smile with everything you do, just by being you.

 

You gave me a reason to smile. You made me happy.

 

4. I love the way are words not necessary between us.

On our first meeting, you did not talk to me. My silence was accepted and understood. That silence between us in never awkward. You loved me for who I was.

We understand each other from the little gestures. A look in the eyes is more meaningful than a speech. We don’t need to say it to know that it’s true that we're meant for each other.

It’s a connection that only we have. What we have is a relationship that doesn’t need many words.

 

5. I love you because you never pushed me away.

 

People say that I do not get the concept of personal space. But I would just call myself a very touchy-feely person.

Holding hands, holding you by your waist, hugs, back hugs, whispers, pecks on your cheeks.

What I do not or cannot say, I do; because after all, actions speak louder than words.

 

People say that I invade their personal space and break down the barriers of their comfort zone. Similarly, I’ve pushed my way into your arms, into your heart.

 

When I reach for your hand or pull you into my embrace, you always hold me back. Tight, like you never want to let me go.

 

Others find me annoying, but you understand me, understand what I say through my actions. That is why I am with you all the time: to show you that I always want us to be together. And when you look at me with a smile, accepting my companionship, I know that you want me to be with you forever as well.

 

So when I bring your left hand to my lips and press a kiss on the knuckle of your ring finger, it is a promise that I am making, a promise to love you always.

 

6. I love you because you melted me.

I’m called an Ice Princess and everyone just accepts me as that. But not you. You saw through the layer of ice I’ve covered myself with.

No one bothers to even touch the mile high walls I have built around me. But you. You broke them all down. Layer by layer. Brick by brick. You left me exposed in your eyes. But then you took me into the protection of your arms. You became my new sanctuary.

The only protection I ever need.

 

7. I love you because you made me believe in love again.

 

Love… that was something I did not believe in. After years of seeing “Love” break down people and experiencing the pain of living shun away into the shadows by everyone, the warmth of ‘love’ was something I’ve never felt. ‘Love’ was just a fantasy, an illusion that people created in hopes to fulfill their desires. It was something that didn’t exist in my life, and something I believed I didn’t need… until you proved me wrong.

 

You showed me that love for what it truly was: affection, care, kindness, security. You showed me that everyone needs love and everyone deserves it. I do. You do. And I’m ready to believe and give love to you.

 

8. I love you because you are my everything.

 

You were just a classmate at first. Then a companion. Then a friend. Then we became inseparable, best friends. You slowly made your way into my life, step by step, into becoming my everything.

 

I do not know how it happened or how it will be in the future, but now, you are my everything. I cannot remember how life was before I met you, but I do know this one fact: it was not perfect, because you are the only one who makes me complete. You make my life complete.

I do not know what will happen in the future, but I do know this one thing: you are my future.

 

9. I love you because you love me.

 

I can never forget that day when you told me this. These three sacred words. The proclamation of our love.

But even if you don’t say it, I know that you do. I can feel your love for me. It is what keeps me going from day to another day, it is my determination, my vitamin, like the sun for a sunflower. That feeling of warmth, security…love, it is what made me fall in love with you. You are all I need.

 

I didn’t know that you wanted me to say it back to you; I thought my actions were enough to tell you. But sometimes I guess, you need to hear the evidence, over and over again, for your heart to believe.

 

I am not good at this. This process of expressing my feelings in words, but you know, surely know, what I feel for you.

Just like how you love me, all my love is for you.

 

10. And I love you because you’re you, the only Stephanie Hwang Miyoung in the world.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: inspired by the following songs: AMLFY, Complete (SNSD), Count the Ways (Kory Burns).

 

Happy V'Day :)