10 Reasons Why I Love You (Tiffany's Version)

10 Reasons Why I Love You

 

1)      I love you because you’re beautiful.

Go ahead, you can call me shallow, superficial, whatever. But isn’t it true though, that appearances are the first thing we see in a person, that our first opinions are usually based on looks?

I clearly remember the first time I saw you. You were sitting in a corner of the library reading a book with a bored expression. I saw you and only one word passed through my mind… beautiful. (If you want to know what the second thing I thought of was, I wondered why you were reading the novel if it was boring you.)

It has been 5 years since that one day in January and many things have changed. You have changed. I have changed. But one thing remained the same. You’re beautiful.

And yes, undeniable y as well. ;)

 

2)      I love the way you call me “Tiff” instead of “Fany” like everyone else does.

We’re Cali girls. We’re different. We’re special together.

I love it when you talk to me in English. It’s our thing, our not-so-secret language. The different way you call my name, it shows that our relationship is special.

It always has a different ring to it. Whenever you call my name. Just one syllable but it sounds like a song to my ears.

A song I will never get tired of listening.

 

3)      I love it when you smile, especially when I’m the one who made you do it.

“My ice princess, I’ll melt you one day.” Do you remember? That’s the first ever promise I made to you.

And every time I see you smile, I smile. Because I know, that you’re melting. I’m melting away your ice, princess, slowly. Slowly.

And because I can know that you’re happy when I’m with you. You smile only when you’re truly happy, and you smile the most when you’re with me. So that makes me happy as well.

You’re pretty, but you’re even more beautiful when you’re smiling.

I love every one of your smiles: those happy grins, the shy ones, the sly ones, those faint ones you unconsciously have on when you’re with me.

So Jessi, keep smiling, but only for me.

 

4)      I love you because you can always make me smile with the simplest actions and the least of words.

It’s just everything that you do. The cheesy things you say, those gentle touches you give me, those memorable times we have. They might seem like nothing to others, but they mean a lot to me. Just a simple ‘hey’ is enough to make my heart skip. A simple smile gets my soul flying above the clouds in happiness. You tucking my hair behind my ear never fails to make me blush.

A pat on the head, a poke on my cheek, a kiss on my forehead, all those little things make me fall in love with you again and again, deeper and deeper each time.

 

5)      I love you because I never feel cold when I am with you.

People call you the Ice Princess. But I know that if there’s one thing you’re not made of, it’s ice. You’re the warmest person I know. You have warm hands, warm arms, a warm heart, and a hot body… ahem, ignore the last one.

Whenever I’m with you, I never feel cold, even if we’re sitting outside in the snow at a sub-zero temperature. Whenever you hug me, I can feel your warmth melting me to the insides of my bones.

It’s magical. It must be the chemistry between us. It’s surely your love that keeps me warm.

 

6)      I love you because you make me feel special, make me feel loved.

You are the only one who can make me feel this way. You make me feel like I’m the most important one in the world, in my world, your world, in our world. Under your gaze, I feel special. In your arms, I feel loved. I feel like I’m something that matters, a reason,

A someone.

 

7)      I love you because I can be myself when I am with you.

No walls, no facades, no more fantasies. Being with you is already living my biggest dream. Reality cannot get more real.

I don’t need to fake my smiles, because you always make me smile anyways.

I don’t know how, but you saw through my eye-smiles, my overly-loud saccharin tone, my happy-go-lucky personality, and saw the real me.

No more of the tiring acting because I know you’ll always be there for me in the end, no matter what, your arms protecting me from everything I’m running away from, your soft soothing voice calming my heart, your warmth relaxing my soul, your love keeping me strong.

 

8)      I love you because opposites attract.

We’re opposites. I’m loud, you’re quiet. I’m outgoing, you’re shy. I’m active, you’re sleepy. I’m childish, you’re mature.

Opposites attract. There is so much evidence to prove that. Protons attract electrons. Two opposite ends of magnets attract each other. Males and females have chemistry. And you attract me.

Strawberry and Banana. Cookies and Cream. Caramel Coffee. You and Me.

 

9)      I love you because you love me.

Do you know how great it feels for your unrequited love to be shared mutually with that someone? To have confessed to that person you love, to be accepted by them, to be loved.

Since that moment when you said those three words to back me, I realized that I am truly in love with you, and I will be for ever, until the end of eternity.

As cheesy as this is going to sound, your love is all I need.

 

10)   And I love you because you’re you, my love, my everything, my one and only, my Jessi Jung.