Chapter 4

I Said You're The One

 

“Sorry that it's a bit messy, I haven't clean up recently,” she rubbed the back of her neck cheekily as they entered the apartment that the 24 year old is currently residing in.

Indeed it is messy. It was probably because Taeyeon is used to cleanliness since she's a bit of a clean freak so looking at the magazines scattered on the floor of the living room along with a few clothes was...an unsightly scene for her.

“How long have you been living like this?”

“A couple of months...”

“...You won't mind if I clean it up right?”

“You don't have to-” Tiffany stopped what she was saying when Taeyeon was already picking up the magazines on the floor, arranging them properly. “Well I guess it's okay if you want to...”

The older woman then joined her student on cleaning up the place and soon enough, the room looks like it has never been touched for a long time.

Thrashes were in it's right place, the cushions were on the couch, the magazines were on the coffee table and Tiffany's clothes that were on the floor earlier is folded next to Taeyeon's luggage.

“Wow, I never thought that you could clean Taeyeon-ah.”

“You sound so surprised about it.”

“...Sorry.”

“It's okay, most people don't really expect that I'm a clean freak,” the shorter girl shrugged off her shoulders as she changed the song on her Ipod (#now playing Hello Venus-Venus). ”So where am I going to be sleeping at?”

“About that...I don't really have any extra bed so-”

“I'll just sleep on the couch then.”

“I was about to say that you will be sleeping with me on my bed.”

“....”

“Don't worry, my bed is large enough to fit us both.”

What was on her head was completely different from the look on her face.

She might look calm and composed on the outside but inside, it was the otherwise. “I don't want to cause you any trouble during my stay here so let me sleep on the couch.”

“Yah, are you afraid that I might do something to you?” Tiffany inched closer to her student's face playfully.

“...Of course not.”

“Then it'll be fine, you can be my teddy bear for the rest of the year.”

“...And the reason why you think that I'll be fine with me being your teddy bear is?”

“You're a good dongsaeng, I'm pretty sure that you won't reject being one right?” Tiffany ruffled the younger girl's hair, making it a bit of a mess.

“Setting that aside, let's discuss on how to turn you into a good student,” she said as she plopped herself on the couch, patting the empty spot next to her motioning Taeyeon to sit next to her which she did by the way.

“It's no use you know, I won't change no matter what.”

“...Tell me, do you have someone that you love?”

Taeyeon surprisingly looked at her for a second before turning her head to another direction. “What does that got to do with this?”

“I'll take that as a yes. Don't you want to change for that person?”

I do but even so, you'll never look at me.

 

-

 

“Back from your schedule?” Yuri flipped over the channels on tv, trying to find something that'll entertain her.

Her housemate had just arrived and is now asking Yuri to move aside so that the two of them will fit in one couch.

“Blind date,” she replied, resting her head on Yuri's lap as she lay on the couch.

“Ah, your parents are setting you up again?”

“Yeah and guess who did I met earlier? It's Mr. Big-Head.”

“Yesung?”

“The other big head.”

“...Hongki? I thought that he already has a girlfriend?”

“Exactly, which is why I don't get it why my mom & dad set me up with him.”

“...Did it work out then?” Yuri muttered, looking straight into Jessica's eyes. Silence conquered the atmosphere between the two for a moment.

A smile lifted up on Jessica’s face as she answered.

“What do you think? Of course not, I'd rather marry you instead of him.”

Yuri playfully flicked the other girl's head, slightly laughing at Jessica's answer. “That's not funny Jung Jessica.”

“That hurts you know...” she said and pouted, rubbing the spot to ease the pain.

“Serves you right.”