Chapter 1

I Said You're The One

 

“How many times do I have to tell you not to pick a fight with our neighbouring school?! Look at yourself, you're blessed with a pretty face-”

His assistant purposely coughed out loud, trying to interrupt what he was saying.

The principal stopped for a moment and cleared his throat when he realized where he was going.

Tiffany on the other side only looked at him in disinterest since she knew how much of a fan could his uncle be to his female students and Taeyeon is not an exception although he kind of prefers the innocent type.

“What I was saying was, you're a student of SM High! You should be taking care of our school's image!”

“Uncle, just let her go this time...”

He turned to look at Tiffany and furrowed his eyebrows. ”Tell me Fany-ah, what kind of relationship that you have with Taeyeon here that you keep defending her? Keep in mind that you're a teacher, you're supposed to be teaching her the right path, not letting her do whatever she wants.”

Taeyeon glanced at her teacher for a while before averting her eyes away from the figure, staring at the picture frame hanging on the wall.

It was a picture of Kwon Yuri, their school's top student to which also happens to be her friend and a part time celebrity.

Looks like the principal changed the pic to the latest one...

“Uncle, if you're talking about this again-”

“Don't tell me that you're in love with her?” he cut her off before Tiffany even had the chance to finish her words.

The atmosphere in the room immediately dropped upon what hearing what he just said.

Stares were exchanged between the principal and his niece.

“...You're not reading that fan fiction about Yuri having a forbidden relationship with Jessica again?”

He flinched a bit, indicating that he really did. “W-what are you talking about?”

“Give it up uncle, I saw a tab opened on your browser yesterday and to think that the principle is actually reading a girl on girl . Tsk, ” she shook her head.

“T-that's not the point here, what I meant was...how can I just keep this going on forever? And she's also in her last year in high school, what if she can't graduate because of this?”

 “She'll be fine, she's doing fine in her studies.”

Just when he was about to retaliate, his assistant tapped on his shoulder, trying to get his attention.

”I've got an idea on how to make Taeyeon behave for the rest of her school years.”

Oh? What is it?”

Let her stay with your niece."

“Are you crazy?!” he shouted out loud, earning weird looks from both Taeyeon and Tiffany.

”What if she does something to my beautiful niece??”

Principal, you do know that Tiffany-shi is strong enough to protect herself? She's a black belt in Taekwondo.”

...But still....”

I assure you, Kim Taeyeon will definitely change.”

What makes you so sure of that?”

Just a hunch,” a satisfied grin crept on her face as she took a glimpse of the latter.

No one would ever know what's inside Lee Sunny; the principal's assistant's head but one thing for sure is that something interesting will definitely happen sooner or later.

...Fine then.”

He cleared his throat once again. “I'll let her stay on one condition.”

“What is it?” Tiffany replied, showing an obvious interest in what he was saying.

“She'll be under your care from now on until her graduation.”

“...As in?”

“As in, she'll be staying with you for the rest of the year and you'll be responsible on making her behave.”

Taeyeon widened her eyes, listening to their conversation.

She can't, she absolutely can't stay with the older woman for the rest of the year.

Glaring at the innocent-looking assistant standing next to the principal as if she was about to kill her, Taeyeon was about to say something but Tiffany beat her to it.

“Sure, no problem.”