You call that an ORIGINAL character?!

Candy-umma`s OC hospital

I'm going to post just a tiny chapter about one of the problems that most of OCs in different stories have. Let's just say it simply.

THEY. ALL. ARE. THE. SAME!

Nearly everytime I open a random story that has an OC girl in it and read the character profiles in the foreword (that btw should not be there! It can ruin the whole story by spoiling and is just plain stupid.), the main girl always seems to have the same dull personality. Same adjectives used in every single profile. And please, just stop using the word bubbly! Sadly even many OCs for apply fics have similar personalitites and it's just annoying.

In my opinion authors should make more original characters that would make the plot more interesting.

Here's a short profile SunnyHunny71 sent me a quite long time ago. It's a great example how to create character for the story.

Name: Ahn Injoo
Age: 17
DOB: November 29, 1995
 

Personality/Character: She's a sensitive and innocent-minded teenager who's very strict about doing well in school. Injoo's also a awkward turtle in many social situations, which is why she doesn't go to parties or make friends easily. She tends to worry often and is sometimes blunt to others. She's also very gulible and easy to fool, which is one of her flaws.

Family:
Ahn Insoo || Father || Heart Surgeon || A busy man, who sometimes has trouble getting to know his only daughter. He also expects Injoo to be a perfect daughter, always doing what's right. However, he expects Injoo to do well in her studies and to become a doctor. Unfortunately, he's oblivious of his daughter's dream of becoming an author.

Lee Sukyung || Mother || Pediatrian || A strict yet caring mother for her daughter, expecting her to not only do well in her studies, but to also do what's right. That includes not doing drugs, doing , and gettinf pregnant before getting married. She does have a temper that shows when someone does something that she considers unacceptable.

Check her sadly discontinued story That One Night and you can see how the character fits the plot perfectly. The author gets even more points by using Suzy of Miss A for the characters looks. It makes sense because it takes place in an AU. Suzy is definedly more realistic to use than some ulzzang.

I'm not going to write a lot about this because I know you probably notice this too yourselves. I just wanted to point it out!

Don't forget to share your thoughs in the comment and send your OCs for me to review! I haven't done a single one yet!