Chapter 3

How Can I?

 

I feel the sun shines through the window. I also hear the birds tweeting. Seems like a peaceful day, but not for me. Especially after Hyun Ji’s… ugh nevermind. I don’t want to be so weak only because of this. I need to move on. But… am I really able to do that?

My attention distracted when suddenly I hear my phone’s ringing. I’m a little bit startled because the caller is from Hyun Ji’s number.

“Hello?” I greeted as I picked up the phone.

“Hello, son. It’s Mrs. Park. Can you go to my house? I have something to show you.”

“Ah, good morning, Mrs. Park. Sure. I’ll be there in a few minutes.”

“Okay. Thanks, son. I’ll wait you.”

As the phone call done, I rush to the bathroom and take a bath. After that I take the bread that already on the table and munches it while I get to my car. What is Mrs. Park going to show me? I’m curious.

A few minutes later, I arrived at Hyun Ji’s house. I knock the door and Mrs. Park opens it.

“Good morning, Tao. Sorry for disturbing you in this morning. Come in.” She told me with her still swollen face.

“It’s okay. I’m free today anyway. Thanks.” I said as I step my feet on the floor.

“Have a seat.” She said. “I really can’t believe this. My only beloved daughter… just….” She said and sighed as I sit on the couch in the living room.

“You don’t have to talk about her if you can’t, Mrs. Park. I still can’t believe it too but.. however we must move on. We can’t keep our mind like this. We must accept this. This may be the best way for her from God.”

“But… I just… Why did she hide her disease from us? We could help her if we know about it. Everytime I asked her whenever she looked hurt, she said she’s okay and just rushed to upstairs. It had not been a long time. Tao, did you know about the disease before?” She stared me.

“Honestly, neither did I. I just knew it from the doctor. I thought you know it.” I told her.

“How could I know if she always said that she went out to meet you?”

“I’m sorry, Mrs. Park.”

“No, it’s okay, Tao. It’s not your fault. It’s mine.”

“No. It’s mine.” I said. She then just sighed.’

“About the thing that I want to show you… it’s still on her roon. Mind to go upstairs?” I nodded and she then lead me to her room. When she opens the door, I still can smell her perfume. Mrs. Park then take an envelope on her desk and give it to me. This is a letter from the hospital. I open the envelope and read it.

“So… she her diagnose for a kidney failure… already… at the highest stadium? How could I not know about it earlier? And… she was going to go to Paris for some check ups too?” I a little bit upset.

“Calm down, son. Maybe she didn’t want us worried about her.” She said. She took a similar box with that day but a little bit smaller. “Anyway have you check the box?” She asked me as she gave the box to me.

“Um… not yet.” I answered.

“Make sure you check it once you get home because I think this related to the box.” She gave me a similar box with that day. “Wanna take a look around this room? I’ll leave you here since I must check the kitchen.” I nodded and she left me.

I look at her desk. There are so many pictures of us there. And at the wall too. Our polaroids hanging all over the window. I miss her….. really. I found a book on her bed. It must be her diary. I take her perfume and the book too to my bag as I decided to read it at home. I also I sit on her bed, looking all around her room. This pinkish room… the smell of her perfume… I just can’t stand it. I decide to get off from her room before I may burst into tears again. I then say to Mrs. Park that I’m going to go home.

 

It’s already night. I decide to open the boxes and read her diary.

-------------------------------

FINALLY! Sorry guys for the really long time. School just make me busy everyday until i had a writer's block lol and forget to update my fanfic. Thanks for those who still wait me. ^^