Chapter 1

How Can I?

 

I don’t know what’s going on.  I didn’t have any idea why she left me. Hyun Ji, the most amazing girl I’ve ever met, the person I loved the most, left me just 2 hours ago. That moment, I was at the hospital. 30 minutes before I went to the hospital, I was with Hyun Ji at a park. We usually go there at the afternoon. That moment we sat on the bench there then we walk around the fountain. We always have fun at that park. Many memories that we shared there. About 4 o’clock, we were about going to a snack stand at that park.

“Do you see the tree over there?” suddenly she asked that and pointed at a tree.

“Yes,” I answered.

“Let’s sit under the tree,” she grabbed my hand. Then we sat on the grass. Her hazel brown eyes stared at me so serious. I stared at her, confused.

“I have something to tell but I’m afraid,” said Hyun Ji.

“Why are you afraid?” I asked her.

 “I don’t wanna make you feel alone. Or mad,” she said.

“Eh?” I confused.

“Tonight, I’ll be at Incheon Airport at 7 pm. I’ll go to Paris. I have to move there because I have to continue my study there. I know it’s really sudden. I’m so sorry, Tao,” she explained.

Yes, she loves fashion and she wants to be a famous fashion designer. It’s her dream. But why she didn’t tell me first? She didn’t want me to go to the airport. She didn’t tell the reason. So, I must say yes. I’ll do everything she wants. After that, she said she must go home. Alone. After she left me, I walked to my apartement. I don’t have any idea at that moment why Hyun Ji didn’t allowed me to go to the airport. Because I wasn’t sure Hyun Ji said that to me, at 6 o’clock, I prepared myself then go to the airport. I arrived at ten to seven. I waited Hyun Ji in front of the gate. I was sure she will come as soon as possible. It’s been 30 minutes and I didn’t see her. I saw the flight schedule. The flight was on 7.30 pm. But it’s already 7.20 pm. Was I not see her walking through this gate? Suddenly my phone was ringing and it was Hyun Ji.

“Hello?” I picked up the phone.

“Tao…? W-would y-you come to the hospital…w-where I usually t-treated?” her voice was really slow and weak.

“What happen with you, Hyun Ji?” I was so worried.

“Tao, I-I.. I need to see you now… please…,” she said.

“What happen? Are you okay?” I asked that but she already turned off the phone.

I wondered what happen to her. I’m so curious that time.