Chapter 2

Alarm Clock

Taemin has always loved Onew.

 

Whenever he was having a bad day, his hyung was there.  His arms were open and his shoulder was there to cry on. Taemin looked up to Onew. He was his older brother. He guided him through every tough decision in life and was there to pick up the pieces when things went wrong. Throughout the years Taemin's affection for the older man had grown. It started to turn into something more than just friendship, more than just brotherly affection. It was love.

 

He spent his days trying to get closer to the man. Taemin knew that his feelings would never be returned, but everything he did was for Onew. He stayed up late nights practicing his singing and dance routines so he could impress his hyung, woke up early so he could cook breakfast for him, and demanded to carry the majority of the groceries when they went shopping. At nights he would curl up into Onew's side and pretend that the horror film actually frightened him, just so that Onew's muscular arm would wrap around him and pat his back. Taemin constantly touched him, a hug here and an arm rub there. He always passed it off as skinship, but it meant so much more.

 

Today he tried to show Onew a dance routine he bad been working on for a very long time. Taemin had stepped in front of him, attempting to garner the older man's attention. He didn't seem to care, Onew just tried to nudge him out of the way. Taemin refused to move and tried to get his hyung's attention one more time. One "Taemin get out of my way, I want to sit down" and a rough push later, he was bleeding from his mouth.

 

Taemin now sat in his bedroom, gently prodding at his swollen lip. He was pissed.

 

"Taemin-ah?" A voice called from the other side. "Taemin are you in here? It's Minho."

 

The young dancer grunted an irritable 'Come in', and flopped down on his bed. His extensions splayed around his head messily and he turned to look at Minho. His best friend was the only one who knew how Taemin really felt about Onew. He had sat with the boy night after night, listening to countless ramblings the boy would spout out of his mouth. He knew far too well just how devoted he was to the leader.

 

Minho sighed as he sat down on the edge of the bed. He patted Taemin's arm and looked at his friend's aggravated state. "He didn't mean to, you know."

 

"Well then why the hell did he do it?" Taemin sharply replied, looking away from Minho and towards the ceiling. "He better not try to talk to me tonight. I don't want to have anything to do with him right now."

 

"Taemin... it really was an accident. He's sitting on the couch right now completely stricken with guilt." He poked at the boys face to get him to make eye contact. "You can't stay mad forever."

 

Taemin sat up and pushed Minho out of the way, walking over to the tv to turn it on. "I'll stay mad for as long as I want. Now get out, my favorite show is on."

 

 

 

 

"Is he still mad? Is he ok?" Onew looked up at Minho, who had just walked into the living room. "Will he talk to me?"

 

"I think it's best if you just left him alone right now, hyung. Just give him some time." Mihno plopped himself down on the couch next to Jonghyun, who had been consoling the leader for the past fifteen minutes. 

 

"Are you sure he shouldn't go in there and at least apologize?" Key, who sat to the right of Onew, spoke up. "It's the first step to fixing things."

 

Onew shook his head and looked down. "No, I should wait. I don't want to irritate him any further and make him hate me. I'll just have to figure something else out." The leader stood up and walked out of the room and into his own. He laid down on his bed and put his arms over his eyes, already trying to figure out how to make it up to the maknae. 

 

Oh goodness. I'm so sorry about how late this chapter is. School just got so busy and then I had a lot of personal problems going on. But summer just started, and now I'll have more time to write. Hopefully this chapter wasn't that bad! >.<