First Bite

First Bite

Donghae POV

Sungmin seems distracted since the new boy comes into our class and I also notice that boy always stole a glance to Sungmin.  I wonder why and now I regret why I don’t have the ability to read mind like my brother.  Five minutes more will be the break time.  Hunger strikes me and I guess I will ask Sungmin to have lunch with me for a good start of our friendship.

“Thank you, sir.”

That’s the voice of the head classroom signaling the class has ended.  Yes!  That’s the signal I’ve been waiting for!

“Bun…”

“Hey, Min.”

I stop from calling Sungmin right away after that guy before approach our seat and what surprised me more he just call Sungmin with his pet name.  Min?  Where’s that come from?  My face does not show any expression but in my head there are lots of question marks popping everywhere.

“Min, can I talk with you for a moment?”

Sungmin a bit hesitate when the guy insist to have a talk with him before he slowly nod his head and follow the guy’s step without a glance at me.

What is this??  He completely forgets about me!  Sungmin never behave like this since he comes to study in our school.  No matter how busy he is, he always stops for a while to invite me for lunch or hanging out together.  It’s just me whom always rejects his offer and now I can feel the guilt and unsecure creep inside me.

Who the heck is that guy anyway???

***

Third Person POV (Start from here, it will be from a third person view)

Sungmin was still not moving an inch since he stepped at the rooftop.  His eyes also just fixed at the cold floor but deep inside he anticipated what the guy in front of him wanted to talk about.

I hope this is just a dream…just a dream…he’s not him…he’s just a copy of him…

He kept on chanted those words inside his mind.  Hell, he couldn’t believe what he had faced since this morning.

“I miss you, baby.”

A warm hug suddenly enveloped him.  He knew this warmth and scent way too well.  Why not?  He had felt it since the man before him always hugged him exactly like this.

“Kyu-Kyuhyun…”  It just came as a whisper from Sungmin’s lips.  It had been what…?  A year since Kyuhyun’s name escape from his lips and now after one year he called that name again.  Still left that tingling sensation when that certain name rolled from his tongue.

“I thought you already forgot about me.”

“B-but how?  I t-thought you were already…”

“Dead?”  A chuckle escaped from Kyuhyun.

Sungmin nodded in Kyuhyun’s embrace.  He confused yet he wanted to know what happened to Kyuhyun and why did he just showed up right now.  When he finally could overcome his feelings to him.

“I can’t die, Minnie.  Not yet.  That day was terrible for me.  I nearly dead…almost…but luckily I’d been saved by some villagers from country side.  For the first time I opened my eyes, I felt scared.  I didn’t know where was I…even my own name.

“You mean you had amnesia?”

This time it was Kyuhyun’s turn to nod.  He released Sungmin from his hug and dragged Sungmin to sit on the floor.  He kept on holding Sungmin’s hands tightly while caressed them with his thumbs.  Sungmin just watched Kyuhyun’s action to his hands with a soft gaze.  How he missed him and his touch.  How their hands fit together when they’re holding hands.

“You know who the first person comes into my mind when I finally can remember who I am?”

Sungmin stared into Kyuhyun’s loving gaze.  He saw his reflection in there.

“It’s you, Minnie.  Only you.”

Shock was understatement to describe Sungmin’s feeling right now.  All of these were too sudden for him to process and register.  When he was to preoccupy with his feelings, he felt Kyuhyun’s breath on his face and before he could tell what happen, his lips already met with the latter’s soft lips.

Never had he known someone’s heart shattered into pieces and a tear nearly dropped.

This is not your call….

***

Donghae sat immobile on his seat with unreadable expression.  Well not everyone could tell what he felt before this but this times although his face was unreadable but his fishy eyes showed a hurt expression.

So…his ex-boyfriend huh?  That explains why he ignores me completely.

Not long after that Sungmin entered the classroom without Kyuhyun.  He walked slowly to Donghae and sat beside him and not forgot to throw him a small smile.

“Have you eaten your lunch?”

Donghae shook his head.  He was not in the mood to chat with the latter because deep inside his head, the scene of Sungmin kissed with his boyfriend kept on playing.

“Why didn’t you eat?  What if you got sick?  I’m worried about you!”

Sungmin pouted while tugging Donghae’s long sleeves.  Donghae bit his lower lips and he did one thing that he himself shocked.  He shoved Sungmin’s hand harshly and left him dumbfounded.

“Hae?”  Sungmin’s small voice awoke him from his trance and the moment his eyes met with Sungmin’s confused orbs, he knew the milk had been spilled.  He could not retract what he had done.

“Don’t touch me.”  He said in a low and cold voice.

“Hae, what is wrong with you?  Did I do something wrong?  Tell me…tell me…”

Donghae stood up from his seat abruptly and leave the still dumbfounded Sungmin.  He walked fastly to the washroom and look into his reflection on the mirror.

Yah, Lee Donghae!  You messed up everything.  You shouldn’t fall for him in the first place.  Did you forget who you are and who is him?  You come from completely different world.  He’s a mortal!  A mortal you idiot!  He’s better with Kyuhyun.  They are compatible with each other and heck!  He still loves him!  I’m not gonna be a third wheel between them.  I shouldn’t exist too in their love life.  That is so wrong on so many levels.  He leaned on the wall and slowly he fell down on the floor and face palmed.  A tear rolled down his cheek.

But why did this hurt so freaking much?

***

Sungmin was still in surprised when Donghae left him behind.  He could not comprehend why did Donghae suddenly used his old cold tone back towards him.  As far as he concerned, Donghae was no longer used that tone.  At least to him and through the entire lesson that day, he kept thinking about Donghae’s cold treatment.   What made his head ached the most was Kyuhyun’s sudden appearance after one year.  Truthfully, he could not tell his own feelings or easy said that he felt nothing.  No happiness, no tears, no sadness.  No nothing.  Yes, Kyuhyun was his ex-boyfriend.  A guy that he loved so much back then and heck!  He needs the whole year to completely overcome his feelings towards the latter and he found a new person that he liked.  Deep inside his heart he blamed Kyuhyun.  Blamed his sudden appearance but he knew very well why did Kyuhyun did that.  Kyuhyun loved him so much!  He felt guilty and scared right now because the feelings for Kyuhyun were no longer there.  It had been occupied by someone else.

“Hey, Min..let’s get home together.  I wanna know where you live.”  Kyuhyun’s deep voice startled him from his trance.  He glanced to Donghae and found him expressionless.  Like usual.  He sighed in dismay and looked at Kyuhyun who stretch his hand for Sungmin to take it.

Hesitantly, he took Kyuhyun’s large hand and walked with him.  Before he left the class, he threw one last glance to Donghae.

***

Donghae lied on his bed.  He kept blinking to the ceiling and remembered everything that happened today.  He was so lost in his mind until the knock on the door awoke him.

“May I come in?”  Lee Hyukjae, Donghae’s older brother popped out from the door.  Only his head was appeared while his body was hidden behind the door.

“No need to ask, hyung but yes, you may come in.”  He lied back to his bed.  A weigh plopped down at the side of his bed.  He turned his gaze towards Hyukjae.  The latter ruffled his younger brother’s messy hair while smiling softly.  He returned back his smile half-heartedly.

“Why didn’t you take your dinner?”

“I’m not hungry.”

“Thirst for blood?”

“Not in the first place, hyung.  That’s the last thing in my list now.”

“So what happened?  This is so not you.  You have never missed to take your dinner but assuming that you didn’t take one just now you must have some problems, little brother.”

“It’s nothing, hyung.  Just change my ritual for tonight.”

“Don’t let me use my ability, Lee Donghae.  I know you won’t like that.”

By hearing Hyukjae’s stern voice and his threats in using his mind reading ability, Donghae sighed and he changed his position into sitting position.

“Nope, thank you very much but I prefer to tell them myself.”

“Now, spill.”

Donghae palmed his face and mumbled something that made Hyukjae couldn’t hear it clearly.  He smacked his head a bit rough.  That made Donghae’s whined like a little kid.  Yeah, no one ever see this side of Lee Donghae let alone Sungmin.  Only his older brother knew this side of him.  Aside from that, Donghae was one cold vampire who rarely smiles.

“Don’t talk with your hand in your face, idiot!  Talk properly or I’ll strangle you!”

“Geez, hyung.  Do you have personality disorder?  Just now you treat me nicely but seconds later you turn into a monkey monster.

“You better straight to the point.  You know how I will be if I’m in my anger mode.”

He sighed deeply before he opened his mouth.

“I fall in love.”

Hyukjae blinked several times before he found back his voice.

“Man…that is the last thing I expect to hear from you.”

Donghae just shrugged his shoulder.  He rested his back at the headboard.  Hyukjae crawled on the bed and did the same thing like Donghae.

“And who’s the lucky vampire that successfully captures your cold heart?  Is she y?”

Donghae did not respond immediately.  Hyukjae who was impatient activated his mind reading ability and read what was revolving around his brother’s mind and what he read made him left shocked.

“Oh my god.  What did you put yourself into, Lee Donghae.”  He slapped lightly his own forehead.  He could not believe that his brother fell in love with a mortal.  A cute one at that.

“Hyung, I didn’t ask to fall in love with him.  It just happened.  I don’t even know since when I fall for him.  Yes, he annoys me every day but just his mere presence warms my heart.”

“You know this is not supposed to happen.  Are you aware the different race between you and him?  You will put him into danger if you choose to be with him.  This ain’t small things.  You know how the vampire lifestyle works.  We are never aging and to add from that, we are immortal.  Please think wisely.”

Donghae bit his lower lips and his eyes stung from the force of holding his tears back unfortunately his tears fell down freely.

“I know.  That’s why I’m avoiding from him these days.  It hurts, hyung….it hurts to be away from him.  From not able to see he smiles, not able to touch him and see him with another guy.”

The tears that escaped from Donghae’s eyes made Hyukjae felt the pang in his heart.  This was the first time he ever saw Donghae shed tears in front of him.  He was never a cry baby and he knew very well that Donghae never felt in love but once he fell, he fell hard and he could see it now.  The guy that Donghae loved must be really special in his heart.

He must be hurting so much…

Hyukjae pulled Donghae into his embrace.  He patted his brother’s head and let Donghae released his tears at the crook of his neck.  He didn’t mind his t-shirt wet as long as Donghae would feel better afterwards.  After all, Donghae was his only brother.

That night the brothers slept together with Donghae who was still sobbing in his brother’s chest.

***

It had been a month since Kyuhyun enrolled in their school.  Donghae and Sungmin’s relationship did not get any better.  Day by day, it was getting colder and now Donghae completely ignored him although they sat beside each other.  Sungmin was getting pissed day by day and this was because Donghae’s cold treatment and Kyuhyun who always dragged him everywhere he went.

“You have changed now.”  State Kyuhyun one day when they went out together.

“Huh?”

“You have changed, Min.”

“What do you mean by that?  I don’t change.  I’m still the old Lee Sungmin.”  Sungmin scrunched his eyebrow.  Weird with Kyuhyun’s sudden comment.

“The old Lee Sungmin never left his eyes from me.  He will always stare at me like I’m the only person he can see.”

Sungmin silenced on his seat.  It’s true.  Kyuhyun was the only person that he saw in his eyes before this.  But now, someone else had replaced his spot in Sungmin’s little heart but he won’t admit to Kyuhyun.  He was not that selfish and cruel to disappoint him.  The special spot for Kyuhyun was always there in his heart.

“I’m sorry, Kyuhyun.  I can’t think straight now.  I’m confused.”

Without doubt, Kyuhyun reached Sungmin’s hands on the table and squeezed it lightly.

“You know you can spill anything to me, baby.”

“I don’t want to hurt you.”

“And I will be more hurting if you’re hiding it from me.”

Sungmin’s eyes staring to get teary.  Hurting Kyuhyun was the thing that he avoided the most.  He never affords to see Kyuhyun’s tears drop because of him.  Once, he injured in a small accident and he had been unconscious for three days.  The first thing he saw when he opened his eyes was the sight of crying Kyuhyun.  He still remembered how tight Kyuhyun’s hug and he kept kissing all area on his face.  That showed how deep the latter’s love to him.  But he could felt that he would hurt Kyuhyun again this time.

“I-I love so-someone else already, K-Kyu.”  Sungmin stuttered without looking at Kyuhyun’s dark orbs.  Afraid to see Kyuhyun’s reaction.

The grip on Sungmin’s hands loose but still Kyuhyun didn’t break it.  He tried hard to gulp his saliva.  His heart was like stabbed by million daggers.

“Is it Lee Donghae?”

Sungmin stiffed for a while but he nodded eventually.  He closed his eyes tightly.  His eyes were already moist with glistening tears.

“Did he know that you love him?”

“Not yet but I already planned to tell him.”

Kyuhyun released a heavy sigh.  Finally he released Sungmin’s hands from his own.  He started to blame himself for everything that happened.  Blamed himself for not careful when hiking and lead him to get amnesia.  For him it was never Sungmin’s fault.  It was his fault for forgetting his own lover.  Now, Sungmin already found a new love and he had nothing to against it.  True, he loved Sungmin so much and he only wanted Sungmin for himself but Sungmin’s happiness and smiles were the remedy for his life although he was not the cause for it.

“I-I’m sorry…I never t-thought that things will t-turn out like this for b-both of us.”  Sungmin started to cry hard.  Kyuhyun who could never stand the sight of crying Sungmin pulled him into his embrace.

“Shhh…it’s okay…it’s okay…it’s not your fault.  Just please stop crying, Minnie.  You make me hurt by seeing your precious tears.

“I’m a bad person, Kyuhyun-ah.”  Sungmin still crying in Kyuhyun’s chest but Kyuhyun kept on caressing his back softly and once in a while he kissed Sungmin’s hair to calm him.  He knew Sungmin always like it when he did that if the latter cried.

“Hey, you’re not a bad person.  Remember what I always say?  You’re my little cute angel.  Don’t cry again okay or I will be mad at you.”

Finally Sungmin stopped crying and only left with his sobbing.  Kyuhyun kissed both his eyelids then he stared lovingly into Sungmin’s eyes.

“Minnie, I know you already love someone else but please…please let me continue to love you.  I just want to be selfish on this.  Please don’t push me aside from your life.  I still want to be with you even just as friend.”

“Kyu…”

Once again, Sungmin’s tears drop and hugged Kyuhyun tightly.  Kyuhyun hugged back with equal force.

“If he rejects you, you always welcome to be with me, angel.”

That was the last thing Kyuhyun whispered to Sungmin’s ears before both of them absorbed into their own feelings.

***

“Lee Donghae, we need to talk!”

Donghae raised his head from the table and looked at Sungmin who stood in front of him with serious expression.

“About what?”

“Us.”

“There’s nothing to talk about us, Lee Sungmin.”

“Can you please to not act cold like that?”

Donghae just shrugged and folded his arms to his chest.

“That’s me.  I’m free to do whatever I want with it and you have zero control to tell me of what should I do or don’t.

“Urgh, just follow me.”

When Donghae showed no damn effort to follow him, without further ado he dragged the stubborn Donghae to the rooftop of the school nevertheless the class would start in fifteen minutes.

“H-hey…where’re you taking me?”  Despite being a vampire what more a guy who could easily shoved away a powerless mortal like Sungmin, he would not do that to hurt him.  Soon they arrived at the rooftop without any conversation along the way to get there.  Sungmin let go of Donghae’s arm and let him face to face with Donghae.

“Do you know that class will start in fifteen minutes and now you bring me here?  For what?  Watching the scenery?  Sorry…I’m not interested.  I’m going back to the class.”  Before Donghae turned his body to the exit door, Sungmin yelled loudly.

“Don’t you dare step away from me, Lee Donghae!  We’re here to talk about us!”

Chuckled mockingly, Donghae looked back to Sungmin and met with Sungmin’s intense stare.

“I don’t remember anything about us.  As far as I concern there’s only me and you.  Never us.  Stop talking this rubbish.  There’s never a term of us for Lee Sungmin and Lee Donghae.  Ever!   Dream on!”

Slowly Sungmin went to Donghae and try to grab both of his hands but Donghae slapped it away.  But Sungmin was Sungmin.  Once again he tried to grab Donghae’s hand and this time he grabbed them tightly until Donghae stopped struggle to release from Sungmin’s firm grip.

“Hae-ah, what happened to us actually?  I don’t understand why you always gave me cold treatment lately.  Did I do something wrong?  Or is it about Kyuhyun?  I can ex…”

Donghae snorted.  Fake of course.

“Tch, I always give you cold treatment.  I admit I did treat you nice sometimes but that doesn’t mean I like you.”

“B-but I thought…”

“That I like you?  Oh come on, Sungmin.  Don’t be so full of yourself.  Just because everyone likes you so I must like you too.  You are so wrong.  I treat you nicely because of I feel pity for you.

Stab!

For your information, I hate clingy guy like you and I’m not gay like you.

Stab!

How can you be so sure that I like you?  Lee Sungmin, you and your daydreaming.  Wake up, honey.  Reality bites and truth is hurt but better than I lie anymore to you right?  So is there anything more that you want to clear about because I don’t have any more things to say to you.”

Along his harsh words to Sungmin, he stared at Sungmin’s face.  It told everything.  Hurt.  Sadness.  His tears never stop flowing from his foxy eyes.  His lips quivered and he clamped his fist tightly.  Not only Sungmin felt hurt, Donghae felt it thousand times more than the latter.  It hurt to see the person you love the most cried because of you but what could he do?  This was the best for both of them.

Finally, the fist that Sungmin hold back then, landed on Donghae’s face.  He fell backwards and touched his jaw.  It was bleeding but none of it could cure the pain that Donghae’s felt in his heart.

“You bastard!  I hate you!  I hate you so much!”

After that, he ran from there.  Never turning back.  Donghae sat still at his spot.

Yeah…hate me…hate me as much as you can…that’s what you suppose to do from the beginning…but hyung…it hurts…it hurts so much!

Finally, Donghae’s silent sobbing could be heard on the rooftop.

***

Donghae sighed.  He glanced at his side and found Sungmin’s giggling.  This time was not because of him but because of a certain Cho Kyuhyun.  Since their last encounter, both of them did not talk to each other.  Not even a single glance…but both of them oblivious of their sneaky glances to each other.  Donghae’s mind started to wander.  This was their final year then they would not meet with each other anymore.  Wasn’t that great?  Donghae smiled weakly.  He landed his head to his arms on the table and closed his eyes.  The times nearly end.  Just a little bit patience then everything would come back to normal just like before he met with Sungmin.  Unaware of his surroundings, someone had been watching him secretly since he sighed.  Not to forget his sad smile.

It’s you who started this but why I can see that you are hurt also?

***

One night, Sungmin and Kyuhyun walked in hands together through a quiet alley.  Sungmin shivered and to add from that, he could feel something bad would happen tonight.  If not to him…to the people who are close to him.

“Kyu, don’t you think tonight is a little bit different from the other night?”

“Meaning?”

“I don’t know.  I feel something bad will happen tonight.  The wind also feels different.  It’s cold than usual.”

“It’s just your feeling.  If anything happens, I won’t let it harms you.  I’m right here, okay?”  Kyuhyun said while kissing Sungmin’s hair softly.

Suddenly a strong wind gushed from behind.  Both of them fell and something or rather someone hovered their back.  Sungmin widened his eyes in horror when he met with the attacker’s fangs.

So, it’s true!  They really exist!  I thought they are just a rumor!

He tried to struggle with all his might but unfortunately the so-called vampire was much stronger than him.

“Kyuhyun-ah!”

“No use of asking for help, sweetie.  You boyfriend is struggling with his last breath there.”

Sungmin quickly turned his head right away and what he saw made him cried.  Kyuhyun looked so weak and he was not moving at all while the creature kept on his blood.

“And now for my dessert…”

“Nooooooo!!”  Sungmin screamed and closed his eyes tightly when pain started to engulf him.

Sungmin could feel his blood was being but before the vampire managed to sink his fangs deeper to Sungmin’s neck someone had grabbed the vampire and threw him away from Sungmin.  He opened his eyes and did not believe who was his savior.

“D-Donghae?”

“What are you doing, bastard??”  The vampire shouted furiously at his attacker.  The vampire that attacked Kyuhyun already stopped when he heard his companion shouted.

Sungmin could not believe his own eyes.  The pain on his neck had been ignore like that because his eyes only fixed to his savior who looked really different.  He was wearing a sleeveless turtle neck and a black leather gloves at one had.  What made Sungmin more surprised was his eyes!  His bright red shining eyes that seemed could pierce anything with just a single stare.

“Don’t you ever touch him.”  The cold voice that came from Donghae made him shivered.  Never did he saw this part of Donghae.

“Hah!  And why I cannot do that?  Did you already mark him as yours?”

Donghae glanced to Sungmin who just sit and pressed his neck which was bloody then he looked back to the vampire that attacked Sungmin.

“Die you ugly creature.”  Donghae hissed below his breath.  In a swift motion, he strangled  the vampire in front of him and he smirked when one of his hands reach his back pocket.  A shining silver dagger.  The creature’s eyes got bigger and he started to beg for Donghae’s forgiveness.

“Too late to beg.”  Without waiting any longer, he stabbed the dagger right into the chest.  Sungmin yelped in horror while the vampire’s form slowly slumped from Donghae’s grip.  His body slowly turned into ashes and only left with the clothes that he wore earlier.

Sungmin froze from his sit.  Everything that happened in front of him looked so unreal.  Just like a scene in a movie.  Donghae moved to Sungmin and put his hand away from the wound.  He analyzed it and before Sungmin could speak a word he buried his face to Sungmin’s neck.  He the blood at his neck and that made Sungmin gasped.  He could feel Donghae’s tongue his wound and he bit his lower lips to avoid him from moan.  Suddenly Donghae bit his neck lightly and sometimes it hard.

“D-Donghae…ahh..wh-what…ahh..,are you doing?”

A minute later he released his fangs.  He stared at Sungmin’s eyes.

“I healed the wound so the blood will not continuously flow.”

He stood up and moved to unconscious Kyuhyun and felt his pulse.

“Breathing weakly.”  He murmured

“We must quickly take him to the hospital.  On his situation, I cannot afford to heal him because he lost too much blood unlike you.”

“Well then hurry up!  But…we don’t have any transport to go there quickly.

“Don’t you know what am I?”  At the last statement, both of them stared into each other eyes.  Sungmin now understand why did Donghae acted cold.  This night explained everything.

“Hae!”  The shout broke their gazes.  A black haired guy with a black cloak approached them.  “Are you okay?  Did you hurt anywhere?”

Sungmin scrunched his eyebrow.  Weird with the guy’s sudden affection towards the latter when he cupped Donghae’s cheeks.  Jealousy started to burn in his chest.

“I’m okay, hyung but we must bring him to the hospital.  We cannot afford to heal him because of his deep wounds.”

“I get it.  Let’s go!”  Hyukjae carried Kyuhyun bridal style but suddenly a scream interrupted him.  He turned back and faced with a fainted Sungmin and a struggling Donghae.  He fought with the vampire that attacked Kyuhyun earlier.

“Hyung…just…just take Kyuhyun to the hospital.  I would settle this on my own.”

Hyukjae nodded and threw a last worried glance at Donghae before he disappeared in the thick black night.

***

Sungmin opened his eyes slowly and met with a white ceiling.  Everything around him was white and the scent around him confirmed his assumption.

He’s at the hospital.

He closed his eyes again.  He didn’t remember the reason he was brought to the hospital.  But one thing that he remembered Donghae was a vampire.

Vampire.

That single word refreshed back his memories.  How he met with a vampire that attacked him and Kyuhyun, Donghae true identity and…

The bite…

He touched his neck and he felt the bite mark that Donghae gave him yesterday.  A sound of door opened awoke him from his reverie.  The guy from yesterday approached him.

“I see you are already awake.”

“Who are you?”

“Lee Hyukjae.  Donghae’s older brother.”

So…his brother…I thought he is Donghae’s lover…but why is he here?  Where’s Donghae?

“Where’s Donghae?”

Hyukjae kept silent.  His silence did not made Sungmin felt any better.  Maybe Donghae was hurt because of yesterday fight?

“Donghae’s dead.”

Sungmin’s eyes started to get moisty.  Too shocked with the news.

“What did you say?”  It only came out as a whisper but Hyukjae could still heard him.

“He’s dead because of yesterday fight.”  Hyukjae kept his face emotionless.  Of course to tell Sungmin this news made his heart ached but he had to control it for Donghae’s sake.  Sungmin kept crying hard until his face turned red.  Hyukjae noticed the bite mark on Sungmin’s neck.

“Did that mark on your neck because of that nasty vampire?”

Between his tears, he managed to reply for Hyukjae’s question.

“N-no…*sobs* it’s f-from Dong*sobs* Donghae.”

Hyukjae smiled weakly.

“That was his first bite.”

Sungmin locked his gaze with Hyukjae.  Shocked with his statement.  He couldn’t find any words to throw out to Donghae’s older brother.

“Get well soon, Sungmin.”

He ruffled Sungmin’s hair and walked out from the room.

That was my first time too…

***

Three years later

The 20 years old Sungmin stood alone on the rooftop.  He already graduated from high school and today he made some of his times to visit his old school.  He let his eyes wandered around the whole school because he could see most everything up here.  The memories from three years ago still fresh in his mind.  Kyuhyun survived from the attack and he also did not have any bad injury.   Since the last time he met with Hyukjae, he never saw that guy anymore.   Like he already did not exist in this world but Sungmin knew he lived somewhere in this town.

Donghae…the guy that saved him from losing blood and even protected him that horrible night.  Although he could not remember everything in particular, he was glad that he knew Donghae loved him.

Donghae did loved me…

His chest felt warm when that sentence lingered in his mind but he also regret because he never had the chance to say sorry to the latter and confessed properly his feelings.

If only we can turn back time…I’ll make sure to never believe what he said to me before…

A pair of strong arms wrapped around his slim waist along with a kiss at his milky neck.  Sungmin knew very well who the person behind him.

“Kyuhyun-ah…”

“Let’s get dinner, baby.  I’m hungry already.”

“Come on.  I'm done here.”

They intertwined their fingers and walked away from the rooftop.   Sungmin would never forget his school life which brought many memories to them.  As soon as they reached Kyuhyun’s black car, he opened the door to Sungmin and the latter gladly entered the car.  Kyuhyun then entered the car and helped Sungmin to fasten his seatbelt.  Before he started the engine, he pecked Sungmin’s lips and smiled tenderly which made Sungmin grinned widely.  The car slowly left the school building and headed to their destination.

A figure below a tree kept watching them since the first time Sungmin stepped into the school building until they got into the car and drive away from there.  He could see everything including the kiss shared between Kyuhyun and Sungmin.  He smiled sadly but as long as Sungmin was happy he felt contented and his sacrifice was worth it.

“I can’t believe you will do this.”

He startled with the voice that came behind him.  It was his only brother.  The smile kept on hanging at his lips.

“I’m happy as long as he’s happy.”

“You’re sure one of a crazy fella.”

“Whatever.  Besides he would never forget me.”

“Why?”

“I gave him my first bite.”

His older brother smiled back at him and hugged his shoulder.

“Let’s head home.”

He nodded and started to walk away from the spot that he stood since one hour ago.

Forever means a very long time.  It was just a cheesy line from the mortal but my love for you will be immortal because…hey! I’m one of the immortal creatures, didn’t I?

Saranghae, Lee Sungmin….

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And that's the end of this story. I know I messed up this story big time.  ;(