Tell me this is just a dream

First Bite

 

Donghae POV

My name is Lee Donghae.  I’m one of the vampire’s families in this town.  Not many people know we exist but they start to suspect the existence of our kind.  This is because lately, more victims with a pierce at their neck are found around the quiet hallway and pathway.  Frankly speaking, I’m not enjoying this hunting-blood-thingy activity because I’m not a fond of it.  I can live without drinking blood and I’m one of the rare kind vampires because I can stand under the sunlight.  Many of them avoid to go out when day light.  As a matter of fact, I live my life like a normal person.  I go to school and act like a normal human being.

The day goes like usual today.  Teacher comes and teaching.  After their period is over, they leave the class and then another teacher will come and continue babbling in front.  I sit at my usual place at the back while resting my chin with my elbow and stare outside of the window.  My daydream has been interrupted when a new student come with our homeroom teacher.  I don’t bother looking instead I continuously looked outside.  Not until I heard a soothing and soft voice introduced himself.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Lee Sungmin-imnida.”

I shifted my gaze to him and gaped at the sight in front of me.  That Sungmin boy is like an angel who just being sent down by heaven.  He has doe foxy eyes, cute button nose, chubby pink cheeks and a bunny teeth when he smile complete with a y M-shaped lips.  He also has a flawless and a milky white skin.  His features are really perfect as an angel.  I know I never met with an angel before but I can sure that they look just like Sungmin.  I don’t hear anything about the teacher said instead my eyes only focus to Sungmin who come near me and greet me with his first sentence.

“Annyeong, I’m Sungmin.”

“Donghae.”  That’s the only my reply to him.  He nods and smiles.

After that, we focus with the learning session and not talking with each other.  My eyes keep on glancing at Sungmin and Sungmin is kind of diligent student because he keeps on writing notes on his pink notebook.  Cute!

Ringgg!

The bell rings indicate it is lunch time.  I never have my lunch because I don’t like to socialize with people.  In this school I’m a loner but no one dare to bully or lay their finger on me because I have this cold attitude and with one glare from me, all of them will scamper away.  When I am about to rest my head on the desk, I feel someone tap my shoulder follows by a small voice.

“Donghae.”

I stare at him with a question look.  He leaned his body closer to me and by that mere close distance I can smell his strawberry sweet scent and somehow I feel aroused.  I never feel this way before.  Not even when I’m hunting for the ritual.  My eyes divert to his milky neck.

“What?”

“C-could you…I mean…could you accompany me to the canteen?  As you see I’m new here and I don’t know where the canteen is.”

He says shyly to me while playing with his finger.  How can a boy be this cute and innocent?

“I’m not hungry.”  I reply and start to land my head on the desk back when I heard Sungmin small voice whining.

“But I am.”  I heard him sigh in dismay and a sound of chair being pushed back.  He walks away and I abruptly look at his back.  I feel bad at him because act cold and I don’t even know why I have to feel like that.  It’s not like I never done that to anyone before.  Finally I just shrugged my shoulder and continue with my nap.

-------

It has been few weeks Sungmin enters this school.  He easily made friends with everyone because of his sweet, bubbly and cheerful attitude.  The girls really like to pinch his chubby cheeks and squealed like Sungmin is the cutest thing in the world.  It really made me pissed.  What is so great having chubby cheeks?

“Hae-ah”

“Who’s Hae?”

He giggled like a school girl.  I know I should be annoyed by that but I don’t find it’s disgusting yet I want to hear it for the rest of my life.  Argh!  Lee Donghae!  What happen to you?  Why are you suddenly being cheesy guy?  Knock it off!

“It’s you, Donghae.  I make a nickname for you.  Cute isn’t it?”

“Don’t you try to ruin my name with that stupid nickname.  My name is Donghae and I want to remain it like that.  You got me?”

“I-I’m sorry.  I just want to be nice to you.”

“You can start being nice to me by staying away from me.  Now, move!”

With teary eyes, Sungmin turns his back and walk out from the class.  I heard people around me murmur about how bad I treat Sungmin who actually being nice to me.  I growl in annoyance and glare to them.  In a second, all of them fall into silence.

-------

Third Person POV

Sungmin still made Donghae irritated with him because he kept on pestering Donghae.

I thought he will stop make me annoyed after I yelled at him before.  This little boy really has the guts to disturb me.

“Yah!  Why’d you keep on pestering me?  Didn’t I tell you to stay away from me?”

The whole class was shocked by Donghae’s loud scream.  Never had they heard Donghae screamed out loud because of his cold personality but today Sungmin managed to make Donghae got out of his shell.   Sungmin pouted while played with his finger.

“I just want to be friend with you.  Is it difficult?”  Sungmin tried to raise Donghae’s sympathy for him by staring at him with his big glittering doe eyes.  Donghae moved backward.  Damn his eyes!  Did he put stars in his eyes!

“W-will you s-stop disturb me i-if I b-befriend with y-you?”  !  What is wrong with me?  Why I’m stuttered?

Sungmin nodded vigorously.  Donghae massaged his forehead while shut his eyes tight.

“Okay, we can be friends but no hunky funky thingy.”

Sungmin’s eyes were widened in delight.  He squealed loudly and moved forward and hugged the shocked Donghae.  Donghae’s eyes also got bigger than its original size.  Sungmin hugged Donghae tightly and nuzzled his face at the crook of his neck.  This made Donghae’s face flushed in embarrassment.

“Thank you!  Thank you, Hae!”

Donghae pushed Sungmin softly.  He tried to control his flushed expression but failed.

“Now you will stop pestering me, right?”

Sungmin just threw his sweet smile and once again nodded.

-------

Sungmin POV

Hihi now me and Donghae are already friends with each other.  Although he is still not be nice and gentle to me but I feel really safe and secure with him.  Actually I didn’t even know why I’m really eager to get Donghae’s attention.  Probably he reminds me of my ex-boyfriend.  Donghae is actually a nice guy despite of his cold appearance.  He rarely smiles.  Okay scratch that.  He never smiles!  My classmates also said that they never see Donghae’s smile.  I really crave for his smile.  I bet he must smiles like an angel. *dreamy smiles*

Aww he is really a handsome guy and looks so skillful playing basketball.  Many girls are cheering his name right now.  Oh yeah I forgot to mention today our class has PE together with other classes.  That’s why you can hear loud girls cheering around.  Somehow I feel annoy with it.  Can’t they just shut their mouth down?  I focus back to Donghae with my mouth slightly open and cup my face with my hands.  Gosh!  He really can make my nose bleed until…

“Sungmin!”

I turn around and meet a beautiful sight of ball heading directly to me.  My body statics and just wait for the ball to hit me and yeahhh it landed perfectly on this stupid face of mine.  I land on the ground and I can see stars spinning in my eyes.  Everyone starts to surround me but my eyes get blurry and I do not know who put my head on his lap.

“Sungmin, are you alright?”  Seems like Donghae’s voice.

“Oh my god!  His nose is bleeding!”  Another voice shouts.

I quickly sit up and touch my nose.  Great!  Now I really have nose bleed.  The red liquid starts to flow freely from my nose.  My head feel dizzy.

“S-Sungmin, y-your n-nose…”

I look at Donghae and his face expression tell me that he do not feel comfortable with my condition.  He must be disgust with this blood.  I held my temple and my head feel dizzier than before.  Before I close my eyes completely, someone hands catch my body.

-------

Third Person POV

Donghae ran fast while carrying the unconscious Sungmin with bridal style to the infirmary.  Along the run there, he kept on glancing to Sungmin’s pale face.  His head started to trickle with sweats.  It was not because he was tired of carried Sungmin, but damn Sungmin’s blood.  It was so tempting!  He bit his lip and continued to run.  He rushed inside the infirmary and a nurse approach him with worried face.

“His head got hit with the ball and he fell unconscious after that.”  Donghae explained without being asked.  The nurse nodded in understanding and asked him to put Sungmin on the bed.  She cleaned Sungmin’s bloodily nose while Donghae stood and waited a bit far from Sungmin.  He watched how the nurse cleaned the blood and he his lips unconsciously.

“I have cleaned the blood.  Just wait until he wakes up.  You can go back to your class since his condition is not bad at all.  He just fainted because of loss of blood.”

“Can I wait here with him?”

The nurse raised her eyebrows with the face don’t-tell-me-you-want-to-skip-class.

“Pretty  please?”  Donghae used his utmost power which was pleading using his puppy eyes.  It was soooo not Donghae.  He himself did not understand where he got the idea to plead the nurse like that and his trick totally was a success when the nurse formed a sheepish smile and nodded.  She ruffled his hair.

“You’re so cute!  Just don’t be too noisy okay?  I don’t want people to know that there are student skips his class today because of to take care of his cute friend.”

“Thank you.”

The nurse left the room right after that.  Donghae shifted his gaze to the unconscious Sungmin and kept on staring Sungmin’s features.  He remembered the event happened before.  He didn’t understand why Sungmin’s blood was so tempting for him to sink his fangs to Sungmin’s milky white neck.  It wasn’t he was not a normal vampire.  Before this he could just ignore when the students were bleeding because of played sports in school but when it came to Sungmin, he barely lost his sanity.  His blood smell sweet and nice and he bet that if the other vampires smell it, they would not wait for any seconds to bite Sungmin.  He sighed and unconsciously his hand went to Sungmin’s hair and it gently.

Beautiful.

The perfect words to describe Sungmin in Donghae’s eyes.  He knew he never admitted it but Sungmin’s presence made him giddy somehow but he covered it with his cold attitude.  There were times when his cheeks burnt in embarrassment when the latter hugged or kissed his cheeks abruptly.  Well, he wasn’t a complete idiot who didn’t know what happened to him.  Exactly, it was love that he felt for Sungmin although he never experienced love before this but what he felt towards the bunny guy was totally love. 

His first love.

Sungmin stirred in his sleep and after that his eyes slowly opened.  His gazed fixed at the ceiling when he felt someone his hair softly and so he turned slightly to his side and smiled weakly when he saw who it was.

“Hae…”

Donghae who was to immerse in Sungmin’s hair startled when he heard Sungmin’s weak voice called his name.  He quickly stopped from doing that and looked into Sungmin’s soulful orbs.

“You’re here.”

Donghae just nodded.  Frankly he didn’t know what to say to the latter.

“Hae-ah, why didn’t you say anything?”

Once again, Sungmin’s whining broke the silence.  He chuckled when he saw Sungmin pouted like a little duck.

“You’re laughing!”  Sungmin’s eyes widened in amaze.  This was his first time to hear Donghae’s laugh and it strucked right to his heart and made his inner side fluttered.

“I did?”

“Yes, you are.  You should laugh more because you look so handsome!”

Sungmin’s statement made Donghae’s cheeks red in embarrassment.

“Aww, Hae you’re too cute!  On a second thought, I don’t want you to smile or laugh after this.”

“And may I know why that is?”

“Because you’re mine and I’m not fond of sharing what’s mine.”

Sungmin grinned widely showing his bunny teeth.  Donghae just shook his head.

This kid is unbelievable.  Since when I become his?

“Just get a rest, bunny boy.  Enough with your cheesy line because I’m also not a fond of cheese.”

He ended his sentence with a smirk and a pouting Sungmin.

***

Sungmin POV

This class is so boring!  I keep on yawning from the first step Miss Kim enter the class.  Mathematics is really not my thing.  I prefer art more rather than this quizzical subject.  All the numbers made me dizzy and nearly puke.  Geez, I wonder how people can manage to get A on this subject.  I rather learn bunny language instead of Math if and only if there are choices like that in this school.  Because of I’m bored staring at wrinkly Miss Kim (yeah since she is a spinster, blame her not me) I change my sight to the person beside me.  Immediately my lips curl into a small smile.  I cup my cheeks and landed my eyes to his handsome face although he looks a little bit like fish mix with dinosaur.  Oh god forgive me because of my words today.

Hae-ah, when you will become my prince charming?

Actually, I really miss someone to love me…someone who can protect me from danger…someone who can I rely on and someone who can wipe away my tears with his kisses…can you become that guy, Lee Donghae?  My thoughts then wonder to my previous boyfriend.  A guy that loves me truthfully.  He never fails to amuse me and made me laugh with his sick jokes.  The reason why I transfer here is because I want to start a new leaf.  To create a new memories and leave the sad memories about him.  About a certain Cho Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun was my ex-boyfriend.  ‘Was’ is the keyword here.  We were not a broken couple in fact we were the most loving couple in school and everyone thought that we would end up together in a beautiful grand marriage. 

Unfortunately, Kyuhyun was reported missing when he had gone for hiking at a hill.  The weather was really bad that day with the storm and thunder.  The rescue team tried to find him but the result was negative.  He couldn’t be found anywhere.  Since that day, I kept on crying because I’d used to Kyuhyun beside me every day and my mum thought that the best decision was to send me away one year after Kyuhyun’s missing.  And now here I am.  Together with Donghae but this Donghae always ignore me.  Hmph!  Let’s see until when you can act like that to me.  Wait until someone come and try to take me away from you!  When that time comes, I will tease you but of course I’ll still choose to be with my fishy.  Hihi…well Donghae’s not the most handsome guy in school but….

Knock knock!

Hey!  Who dares to interrupt me and my monologue?  I hissed and suddenly I felt someone poked my cheek with a pen.  I know who that is since there’s no other person who sits beside me.  I grin widely to him and he just stares at me while raising one of his eyebrows.

The class door opens and reveals the school’s principal and…

Oh.My.God.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kill me right now.  Right here.

 

 

 

 

 

I'm sorry it took me a long time to update this story T.T  Anyway enjoy my crappy fics.

 

*bows 90 degree*