A Treasure Unlike Others

A Treasure Unlike Others

She was lost in her own world. Jotting down whatever thoughts came through her mind. Never minding what the whole world around her was doing. Never minding the hollers of laughter around her. All that matterd to her was her own reliable company. And so she was currently writing the various conversations she was going through inside her head.

All this while a pair of ice cold eyes watched her intently. The owner made sure to only look now and then so as to make it look like his eyes were flickering around the room as if searching for someone but every time he did so he made sure to burn her details into his mind. Her white dress that accentuated her fragility, the loose strands of her hair that slightly framed her face, that slight crease of her eyebrow when she was concentrating too hard. All of it.

"I believe it's likely to rain."

He effortlessly followed their line of conversation as if he had not been thinking of anything else.

"I second that." Luhan expressed grimly.

"Awwh! Come on man. I thought we could finally go out and have some fun." Kai whined.

"Stop whining like a baby." D.O. cut in.

And he was back to looking at her from the corner of his eyes.

"Hey, who do you think you're calling a baby?" Kai stood up.

"Well, who else but the baby itself." D.O. shot back.

"Mworago? Say that again." By now Kai was all but trying to get his hands on him.

"Hey! Hey! Cut it." Se Hun and Lu Han jumped in trying to refrain Kai.

Amidst this almost nonsensical brawl, he got enough time to look at her more closely. She was looking more radiant than ever today. Was it beacause she was not draped in unflattering hues of grey and dark? Or was it beacause of that near slight smile that was about to form on her lips.

"It's all thanks to you we're having this problem now, Kris." Tao spoke out.

The pair of cold eyes landed back on him without too much effort.

"Well, I seem to have greatly benfitted from it though." And Kris gave him that smirk he always did that had girls and nearly boys all going crazy.

"Don't give me that. I'm not one of your fangirls." He stated simply.

That irritable smirk still remained there but his eyes moved back to where he was looking before.

Just then the smell of mud drifted throughout the glass studio. She inhaled the smell of earth deeply. She had missed this homely aroma for so long. She looked out the window and sure enough small droplets of water had started to pour down from the sky. She smiled at the sky. She put down her pen and closed her diary. She was confident that those boys wouldn't dare to flip through the pages. After all one of them had been on the receiving end of her deadly right hook followed by a left uppercut once. She pushed her chair back and got up. The small dragging noise of her chair stopped the boys and they in turn turned to look at her.

Kris's eyes hardened when he saw all of them looking at her. She was a treasure only he had managed to find out. It was unfair that he had to do the hardwork and they got the prize. Now she fully smiled. He was sure of that cause he heard all the guys do a sharp intake of breath. She took off her white heels and walked out of the glass studio all the while enchanted by the heavy downpour that was starting to stain the glasses. By the time she had gotten out side, it was raining cats and dogs.

"Dude, you don' think..." Kai started.

"I'm pretty sure about what I'm gonna think now." Lu Han murmured.

Suddenly all of them rushed to the windows, all pressed up nose flat.

Kris couldn't believe it. Oh they were so going through hell today.

She touched the wet ground with her feet, the brown muddy puddle a stark contrast against her white skin. Soon, her feet was the same color as the ground. But instead she giggled like a child and started running across the ground. Instead of shying from the rain, she had her hands spread out, openly embracing nature's gift. She danced and turned and splashed, all the while unknowingly hypnotising everyone around her.

By now, the boys were a melted poodle. Kris could only stare at how beautiful she looked. As if almost too soon, she turned around and spotted them staring at her with wide eyes. The boys gulped unsure of her reaction. However, unlike those cold stares they recieved she smiled brightly like a 5 year old who'd been offered her favourite candy.

At that time Kris decided, it was high time he claimed the treasure in his possession.

She turned around and started to spin lightly with her arms outstretched.

She ran and jumped and splashed all the while spraying mud everywhere and all over her.

Suddenly, someone grabbed her hand and turned her around.

Suprised she looked at the intruder ready to tell the person what was on her mind, only to look up and find Kris staring at her.

And that too, intently if I might add.

She stared at him long enough to notice his drenched hair, the way water droplets were dripping down his face.

Confused, she raised one of her eyebrows.

Instead, he inched closer and boldly stated, "Dance with me."

Had it been anyother time he would have been currently lying on his back, his whole body writhing in pain but since she was in such a good mood, she decided to forgive him.

She smile one of those rare smiles of her.

To Kris, immediately all the surroundings around her brightened.

"Fine", she replied that smile still in place.

And with that, both of them drenched in the rain, his one hand on her waist and the other holding her hand, feet matching the color of mud to the point it was a camouflage they danced.

The other members inside the house were in a mixed state of shock, suprise, dumbfoundedness and pure unhidden jealousy.

"Why does he always get the girl?", D.O. whined.

"Not fair." Chanyeol complained.

"Agreed." Luhan stated.

"I second that." Kai lightly admitted, even if that was a big blow to his pride.

There were silent murmurs of agreement among the members.

Back with Kris, he was clearly enjoying his dance with her and from the look on her face so was she.

I may not have her completely right now, but this surely is the first step


So here it is, i told you it was short beforehand. Thanks for reading. Comments and subscriptions are appreciated, thank you. Have a nice day.