#1 The new start

A little thing we call love

 

People always say Cinderella lived happily ever after. But the truth is, no one really knows what happen after she got married to Prince Charming. Did she live a happy life with Prince Charming? Or did they fight over and over again and live a sad life together? Or did Prince Charming get tired of Cinderella and filed a divorce? No one really knows. It is said that they lived happily ever after, well after all, it won’t be a tale story if the ending’s not happy.

That is what a 17 years old girl, Shin Lisa believed in. She does not believe in happy endings.

Lisa: True Love? Pffft. Only losers believe in true love.

Lisa gathered her friends at a beef restaurant  situated in a mall near the place she lives in Namwon, Korea. Lisa is the only daughter of the richest man in Namwon, Shin Jim. She was the daddy’s daughter since she lost her mom at the age of ten. Shin Diana, once the beauty queen of Namwon, died in a car accident few years back while they were on the way to celebrate Lisa’s second birthday. It was a trauma to Lisa’s dad since all of them were in the car that particular time but Shin Jim and Lisa were the only survivors. Lisa lost her older brother in the accident. It was a nightmare, that no one can ever imagine. The incident was the reason why Lisa hated her birthday date, hated herself, hated the fact that she grew up without a mother’s love. She became a  most-likely heartless person.

Eunjung : Typical Lisa. You don’t believe in true love? What about love at first sight? Everyone believes in that .

Yuna : Yeah, exactly. Love at first sight , awhhhhh. How sweet is that ?

Lisa : *jaws open and gives a small grin that showed a sight of her dimple* Love at first sight? Eunjung, Yuna, you guys have got to be kidding me. Peeps, stuffs like that only happen in movies. Duhh, everyone nows that. And even if it does happen, I don’t believe in happy endings. Life isn’t so great for me. That’s why I never had any boyfriends, in primary school.

Yuna : I’m guessing your ‘NO BOYFRIEND’ thingy is continued until high school and perhaps college year later?

Lisa : Well, of course. Maybe even forever.

Eunjung : *gives a weird look to Lisa* We’ll see, Lisa. We’ll see.

Lisa : Whatever bestfriend :P

The conversation that happened during their summer break last year. That was before everything changed. When I say everything, I mean EVERYTHING .