First time's an incident

Coincidences can lead to...

Chapter 1: First time's an incident

3rd Pov

Like any other day, it was bright and sunny as Hoya, a cool and fit 17- year old, walked around town because he had free time. What better to do than walk around and get some exercise? That was what he thought. He walked into a park at random and began to circle around, looking at trees and observing the nature. His ‘alone’ time was interrupted when he heard a kid crying. 
 

Hoya’s Pov
 

“Wahh…”
 

As I passed by a tree, I saw a 5 year old kid hiccupping and crying. I think he was separated from his mother. I made my way towards him and squatted to his level to see him face to face. 
 

“What’s wrong little boy?” 
 

He kept sniffling for a moment before looking up to meet my face. I guessed from his appearance that the boy was about 6 or 7 years. He had short, brunette hair, seemed about average height and wore this cool avenger’s t-shirt with jeans. He was one of the most adorable kids I’ve ever seen in my life. 
 

“I…I…I am… lost…” 
 

He mumbled, not sure whether it was okay to talk to me. I sighed before I reached out and patted his head in an attempt to comfort him and like I guessed, it worked. He calmed down a bit and stopped crying in a few  seconds. I attempted to smile at him, but I wasn’t sure if my smile would be comforting enough because I never had a habit of smiling. 
 

“Let Hyung take you to the police station, okay? What’s your name, little one?” 
 

I slowly lifted him up the ground and carried him hoping that it doesn’t frighten him and thankfully, it didn’t. He just looked at me with those big round black orbs of his, trying to wipe his tears away. 
 

“Jang…Jang Hyun woo…” 
 

He said. I smiled at him again. To be honest, I wasn’t all that good with children, but for some odd reason, I felt like helping this kid today. Maybe it’s a sign for something? Anyways, I shrugged out of my thoughts and looked at the kid who stared at me curiously.
 

“Ok then Hyun woo, Hoya hyung will take you to the police station now. Your family will come there. If you are a good boy and don’t cry, I’ll buy you some ice cream. Deal?” 
 

His eyes lit up when I said ice cream. I could see that happy twinkle in his eyes and was relieved. I was doing the right thing. 
 

“Really hyung? Ice cream?” 
 

I attempted smiling at him again and nodded. His lips curved into an innocent smile which made him look absolutely adorable. His eyes just vanished into the smile and cute dimples were  visible when he smiled. 
 

“Thank you Hyung!” 
 

His cheeks were so cute and very slightly chubby, it made me want to pinch his cheeks. I didn't do it though, being slightly scared of hurting him. I did voice my thoughts out though. 
 

“You are so adorable you know that?” 
 

He tilted his head cutely in confusion as I made my way to the ice cream stall with him still in my arms. He was surprisingly light. 
 

“Really?” 
 

I nodded, opening the door to the stall. It was really cool inside and felt really good, contrasting the hot weather outside.
 

“What flavour would you like to have?” 
 

He seemed to think for a while, puffing his cheeks. Having made his decision, he turned to the cashier with a bright smile. 
 

“I want pink!” 
 

I couldn't help but laugh at his cuteness. The cashier looked at me in confusion and I shook my head before explaining. 
 

“Can you give me a scoop of strawberry ice cream in a cup?” 
 

Finally having gotten what the boy was trying to say, the cashier nodded and went to get our order. A while after, she came back with ice cream in a cup.
 

"Here you go sir. Can I get you anything else?"
 

I shook my head at her and gave her the money. Didn't expect a single scoop of ice cream to cost so much, but the kid was smiling, so, all's well that ends well I guess? 
 

“Thank you. Have a nice day.” 
 

I told her before I turned around and walked away. As soon as I stepped out of the stall, I could feel the heat kiss my skin. I winced slightly as I carried the kid out with me and he didn't seem like he minded the sudden change in temperature. His eyes focused on the ice cream he ate  and I was kind of happy he enjoyed it. Not a second later, I heard a loud voice calling out for someone. It kind of sounded like the name of the boy in my arms.
 

“Hyun woo! Jang Hyun woo!” 
 

A while later, I got a visual on the person who was calling out and it seemed like a boy about my age. He seemed panicked and was shouting frantically. I looked at the boy in my arms and saw that he was looking shocked at the person who was shouting. 
 

“Hyung…” 
 

He mumbled in an almost silent tone. I patted his head, making him turn towards me.
 

"He's your hyung?" 
 

I asked and got a nod as response. I headed to the direction of the nearly blond boy and tapped his shoulder. He turned around with an irritated expression, but on seeing the person in my arms, he seemingly calmed down. 
 

“I believe you are looking for him?” 
 

I pointed to Hyun woo and smiled. His face, full of worry, turned happy as he sighed in relief. 
 

“You! Where did you go?” 
 

The boy just looked down disappointed and waiting for a lecture. I just smiled as I felt sorry for him and took it upon myself to explain it to the boy in front of me. 
 

“He was wandering around lost and was crying. I took him to the ice cream parlour to get him some ice cream and was on my way to the police station before I saw you here.”
 

He began to scold the little boy and it wasn't long before I was completely ignored. I took this opportunity to check out the person infront of me and I wasn't disappointed at all. Yes, I openly admit that I'm gay. I may not have a lot of friends because of this, but I wasn't ashamed of myself at all in any way. 
 

I just stayed still not wanting to interrupt and instead, focused on how he was frowning in worry, his chocolate eyes with a lot of emotions surging through them, his sharp nose and slightly feminine face, his nearly golden hair which was about normal length and messily styled. He was beautiful. Not handsome, but beautiful felt like the right word to use here. I snapped out of my thoughts as he extended his arms to take hyunwoo from me.
 

"Thank you so much for taking care of him. How can I ever repay you?"
 

He bowed for a moment in gratitude and looked up with an uneasy frown on his face. I frowned as well because frowns didn't suit him. I wanted him to smile...
 

"It's not an issue at all. All that matters is that he's safe and sound."
 

I said, feeling my lips curl upwards into my usual smirk. Another reason people avoided me was because I appeared arrogant, but it definitely wasn't intentional. I was slightly surprised when the other extended his hand to me as if he wanted to shake hands.
 

“I’m Jang Dongwoo! Nice to meet you.” 
 

He smiled for the first time and I swear, it was absolutely the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in my life. His smile was gummy with all teeth visible. It was bright, cheerful and had the capability of making the people around him feel happy along with him. I let my hand meet his and shook his hand, smiling as well. His happy mood was as contagious as virus, but I definitely didn't mind it. 
 

“I am Lee Howon. Call me Hoya. It's a pleasure to meet you too.” 
 

Our hands broke apart after seconds and he put hyun woo down before looking at me. 
 

“We got to leave now, but I hope we meet again Hoya. Bye.” 
 

He waved at me before walking off with his brother. I waved at his departing figure and caught myself doing that. I stared at my hand for a moment before looking at his disappearing back.
 

"He's dangerous, isn't he?"
 

I mumbled to myself and walked away, while my mind was completely occupied with his adorable smile. Jang Dong woo huh?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hi people! I've finally started to edit this story. Hopefully it will give proper explanations and tie all loose ends up ^^ And also will be longer than before hopefully. And I wanted to ask you all if I should update on a weekly basis or twice a week? Do comment and let me know ^^ I hope you like the first chapter.