o10

Spiral Stairway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author

A song as you read

 

"D-don't leave me alone..."

"Please stay..."

Seungho lost his consciousness after saying those words. He let go of Jiyeon's hand as the paramedics carried him on the stretcher and disappeared. Suzy gasped when she saw Seungho's bleeding arm. He had been shot badly, but looks like their grandfather is in worse condition. Jiyeon just stood there, unaware of what to do. She just felt like sitting down, covering her ears as she cried. She could only hope that Myungsoo is safe wherever he is, hoping that he's not hurt...

"Oh my God," Suzy muttered under her breath, pointing on the wall covered with blood. But it wasn't just splattered blood, something was written on the wall using blood. Jiyeon looked, tears streaming down her cheeks.

One by one, they die.

"Y-Ya, Jiyeon-ah, what's that supposed to mean eh?" Suzy asked trembling.

"I-I don't know," Jiyeon replied, staring blankly at the ground. "Harabeoji..." Getting back to her senses, he ran outside but the other ambulance where her grandfather was taken was already gone. She quickly went to the other ambulance, sat and watched Seungho with uneasiness as the door behind them closed.

"Is he gonna be okay?" The paramedic nodded and explained something to Jiyeon. Unfortunately, Jiyeon fainted due to stress.

"Jiyeon-ah..."

"Don't forget about me." 

Myungsoo smiled at her, surprisingly kissing her and after pulling away he says, "Take care." He should have taken care of himself. Why is he so unfair? How could I forget about you, Myungsoo?

"Please stay..."

Seungho is my best friend, and I don't want to leave him. Harabeoji is also in a bad condition. Both of them. I feel bad now, why did they have to be involved when it should just be me...?

I ran outside, the rain was strong, but I didn't care if I catch a cold. I just felt like running, crying, and shouting. I just felt like taking it all out, and stop my heart from feeling very tight. It hurt too much.

Just shout, Jiyeon. Shout. "Why?!!! Why?!!!" Of all people, why did he have to hurt them? Of all people, why does it have to be because me? Why me? What did I do? Was I really that bad? Am I really no good? "I hate you!!! I hate you!!!" Who do I hate? I don't know... Who do I blame? I was weak, it was my fault. Or I'm just really unlucky to be a part of this family.

Why can't I just die already...? I'm tired.

"Don't be too sad, Jiyeon-ah..." Myungsoo? Why do I hear him? Where are you? Where the heck did you go when I was gone?

"I love you..."

I just stared.

"You know you need to eat. To be strong, to stay alive." Myungsoo handed me an apple. "Jiyeon, you're not breaking up with me, right?"

"Jiyeon-ah!" Seungho ran towards me but I was leaving already. I was running away again, leave them alone. Maybe this way, none of them will get involved. They should just go back... "I'm your best friend! We're...We're a family! You...complete me."

"Just let me go! Just let me go!" I shouted while running.

"If you leave, I'll still follow you anywhere!"

"Jiyeon... Are you running away from me? Am I...a bad boyfriend?"

"N-no..."

"Don't run away."

The image of the blood on the wall appeared on my mind again.

One by one, they die.

 

Someone was holding her hand tightly. Jiyeon slowly opened my eyes; her vision was blurry at the beginning before she blinked twice.

"She's waking up!" She heard a female voice, and then a man followed.

"Jiyeon-ah..." Seungho... She looked at him with teary eyes.

"Aren't you hurt? Why are you here?" She asked weakly.

"I'm fine..."

"Oh..." She gazed down at his hand holding hers, then he let go after. "How's harabeoji?"

"He's still asleep." Suzy pouted. "They said he lost a lot of blood, so I had no choice but to give him some of mine."

Jiyeon smiled, "Suzy... Thank you."

"Why are you thanking me? It's not like I gave you some of my blood. He's also my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter