1. I'll Back Off So You Can Live Better

Empty Decorations~ [Woogyu Ver.]

I suggest to read this chapter along with the said song. Just to spice up the effects... LOL. Enjoy~

 

~*~

 

“Gyu, you know I love you right?” Woohyun asked suddenly. “Of course I know. And I love you too.” Sunggyu smiled, looking at the latter. However, his smile disappeared when he saw the younger’s serious face. “Hey, what’s wrong?” Woohyun looked at the older. “Let’s break up.”

 

Say it directly, looking at me

Say it looking into my eyes

Did you just say you wanted to break up?

Did you want to end it with me?

 

Sunggyu was shocked. He could feel his hands were trembling. “What do you say? You’re joking, right, Woo?” “I meant it, Gyu. Let’s end this.”

 

(I know) You probably got a lady

(I know) You probably got sick of me

Even though tears are rushing to me

 

“B-but… W-why? You said that you love me? Why do you want to do this?” Sunggyu bit his lips, his heart started to beat rapidly. “I do, Sunggyu. I will always do. But it’s for your own good. I’ve been hurting you too much that I couldn’t afford to hurt you anymore. I’m sorry, Sunggyu. Please forget me.” With that, Woohyun got up, leaving the others behind, with tears gushing.

 

I’ll back off so you can live better, that’s all I can say

I’ll forget you so you can live better, so that you’ll be happy without me

The love that you tossed away, you can take it, don’t even leave a trace behind and take it all

Don’t even say you’re sorry, don’t worry about me

 

“Yah Nam Woohyun! Why the hell do you have to break up with Sunggyu hyung?! Do you know what terrible mistake you have done?!” Dongwoo shouted at the younger. Remembering his hyung’s miserable face, Dongwoo felt the urge to punch the person in front of him. Woohyun stayed silent. “Answer me!” Woohyun looked at the older. “Mianhae hyung. It’s for his own good.” Woohyun left the older dumbfounded.

 

Your lips that told me you’re going to leave

Why does it give me a reason to be angry today?

I need to stop you, the words don’t go out

And you’re already moving far apart

 

“Are you happy now? Sunggyu hyung is leaving thanks to you, you selfish jerk!” Sungjong shouted at Woohyun before he stormed off into his room. Woohyun bit his lips. “I don’t know why are you acting like this Woohyun, but you should fix it before it’s too late.” He heard Hoya spoke. There’s nothing to be fixed, Hoya. I’m doing this for the sake of him, for the sake of Infinite.

 

(I know) You will forget me

(I know) I will really hate you

Even though you know everything

 

“Hyung, are you sure about this?” Myungsoo asked the oldest. Smiling bitterly, Sunggyu nodded his head. “It’s for the best, Myungsoo.” “You’ll come back right, Sunggyu hyung?” Sungyeol asked, his voice cracked. “I’m not sure. Mian, Yeol. Dongwoo, please take care of the kids, okay?” Sunggyu looked at the rapper, only to meet a pair of puffy red teary eyes. “Guys, don’t cry… It’s not like I’m going to war or what…” “I beg you hyung… Please come back…” the maknae sobbed. “I can’t promise you, Jongie…” “I can’t believe he’s not here…” Sunggyu heard Hoya mumbled. I can’t believe it too… Do you hate me so much that you don’t even want to send me off, Woohyun?

 

I’ll back off so you can live better, that’s all I can say

I’ll forget you so you can live better, so that you’ll be happy without me

The love that you tossed away, you can take it, don’t even leave a trace behind and take it all

Don’t even say you’re sorry, don’t worry about me

 

“Have a safe trip, Sunggyu. I’ll pray for you… I’m sorry for hurting you…” Woohyun whispered as he watched the other Infinite members bade their farewell to their ex-leader. Slowly, he walked out from the airport. Suddenly, he stopped his tracks abruptly. Grabbing the nearest pole, he felt his head started to spin. No, not now… I need to go home… I can’t let them see me…

 

You, the reason I lived

You, were all I wanted

You, it was me who only looked at you

 

Goodbye, Korea. Goodbye Infinite. Goodbye, Nam Woohyun. I’ll try to forget you, just like you wanted.

 

Why? Why are you leaving?

Why? Why are you tossing me away?

If you were going to be like this, why did you love me in the first place?

 

“Woohyun, you should stop stressing yourself out. Your stress will only encourage the spreading of the tumor.” Junhyung said in a worried tone. “I can’t help it.” “Woohyun, I heard the news. Sunggyu has left Korea, right? I don’t even know why you acted like that, Woohyun. You have the choice to tell him the truth, to be with him until the end of your days but you wasted the chance by sending him away. What were you thinking?” “I don’t want him to be troubled because of me. I’ll die soon; I don’t want to leave him just like that…” Junhyung can only just sigh.

 

Do you happen to remember that day, that day when we first met?

I still remember it, the promise you made, that you’ll care for me only

That you’ll protect me only, that you’ll love me only

I believed your lies, I believed them

 

Nam Woohyun, why do you act like this? I need proper explanation… Have you got tired of me? It hurts, Woohyun…

 

Did you really love me?

I’ll forget you so you can live better.

 

Even if I’m hurting so much, it’s the only way to make you forget me. About one year from now, Nam Woohyun won’t exist anymore. By that time, you’ve must forgotten about me, right? But I promise you, I won’t stop thinking about you, Sunggyu.