7. Time

Empty Decorations~ [Woogyu Ver.]

This is the final chapter of Empty Decorations~ [Woogyu Ver.]

I sincerely thanked all of you for being patient with me and my not-so-good fanfic. Jeongmal kamsahabnida~ *9o degree bow*

I suggest to read this chapter along with the said song. Just to spice up the effects... LOL. Enjoy~

For this chapter, you guys might wanna have a few boxes of tissues beside you. Just for a precaution step...

~*~

 

“Hyung, come join us for lunch!” Sungjong invited the older through the phone. “Sure. Where are you guys going to eat?” “Our usual restaurant!” This kid is always cheerful. I envy him… “Alright. See you guys there.”

=*=

“Hi, Sunggyu hyung!” The boys greeted the oldest with huge smiles on their faces. Smiling and greeting them back, Sunggyu noticed the presence of the main vocal. He’s here too… “Hi, Woohyun.” He showed his best pokerface. Woohyun looked up, and showed a frail smile. “Hi, hyung. Glad you join us for lunch.” “I missed eating with you guys." Sunggyu stated, adding a little happy tone.

Soon, they picked their orders. After their orders came, they started to gobble down the food, accompanied with their chatters, laughs, jokes and so on.

Woohyun tried his best to finish his meal, even though he could hardly swallow the food. As soon as he finished, he excused himself, earning weird looks from the members. “Where are you going?” Dongwoo asked, as he remembered that none of them has any schedule left. Woohyun smiled a little. “I have to meet someone. And…” he took a deep breath. “Waeyo, Woohyun hyung?”

“Guys, you know I love you right?” He looked at all of them, one by one. He let his gaze on Sunggyu for a while. “What’s with the sudden confession, hyung?” L asked, confused. Ignoring the question, Woohyun continued. “I’m sorry for every mistake, every mess I made ever since I know you guys. You guys are the best brothers I ever had, and I won’t ask for more.” Sungyeol was about to interrupt him when Woohyun stopped the latter.

“Let me finish, Yeol. I know I’m a burden to all of you. I know I always create problems for all of you and I’m really sorry. I’m sorry for everything I’ve done.” “Hyung…” Sungjong felt something was going wrong. All of them felt the same.

“I’ll always wish for Infinite’s success. I hope that whatever happens, you guys won’t stop doing whatever you want to do, and I also hope that you guys will always continue living your lives happily, arasso?” “What’s wrong with you?” Hoya started to feel worried. “Are you okay, Woohyun?” Sunggyu asked, he didn’t have a good feeling about the younger’s strange behavior.

Woohyun showed his big, idiotic smile. “I’m perfectly fine. Just want to tell you guys that I’ll miss you and I love you guys so much.” Seconds later, Woohyun laughed. “Stop making faces like that! I’m trying to be all emotional here… It’s not every day we could gather like this, so I was trying my best to be a sweet little boy and you guys had to ruin it by showing those hilarious faces…” he pouted, but somehow making the others let out a relieved sigh. “You make us worried, hyung…” “Hehehe. Mianhae… But seriously, I have to meet someone. So, bye. Love you guys!”

With that, Woohyun got out from the restaurant. “That…” “Is strange.” “Couldn’t agree more…” The Infinite members including Sunggyu nodded their heads in agreement. However, still feeling fishy, Sunggyu decided to follow the younger. “I need to go now guys. Have something to do.” After bid their farewell, Sunggyu hurriedly followed Woohyun’s tracks, which led him to the hospital.

Hospital? Sunggyu carefully followed Woohyun and stopped when he saw Woohyun entered a room. Sunggyu scanned the silver plate on the door. Doctor Yong Junhyung? About thirty minutes later, Woohyun got out from the room. His face is indescribable. Are you sick, Woo?

After making sure that Woohyun is no longer in sight, Sunggyu barged into the room, startling the handsome doctor in the room. “K-kim Sunggyu?!” the doctor looked very shocked. “Is Woohyun sick?” he asked, with a serious tone. The doctor kept silent. “Tell me, doc. I beg you… Please…” he begged, his eyes became teary. His voice was filled with desperation. At last, the doctor took a deep breath before telling him everything.

“Today is his last day.” Junhyung concluded, in a very slow, sad voice. “Where is he?” Sunggyu asked, desperately. “I don’t know…” Bowing politely, Sunggyu got out from the room and ran as fast as he can to the first place he thought of, silently praying.

=*=

Did time stop again?

Is it going to fall asleep like this again?

While staring blankly outside

I’m thinking about you with my two eyes closed

 

Even though time is passing by again

I’m going back to that time again

Although I try hard to find everything in your memories

 

I’m crying by myself there but

As my tears stopped I’m laughing but

I’m waiting again

Until I can breathe again

 

Even though time is passing by again

I’m going back to that time again

I’m trying hard to find everything in your memories

 

I’m crying by myself there but

As my tears stopped I’m laughing but

After leaving you alone

I’m wandering around here with memories I can’t erase

 

Although I don’t have anything to say and I can’t hear you but

Even so if I can find you like this

I’ll wait for you now until time stops

 

I know well that I can’t say anything

Even so I’m searching for you but

I know well you won’t change your thoughts but

I still can’t forget you

 

Although I don’t have anything to say and I can’t hear you but

Even so if I can find you like this

I’ll wait for you now until time stops

 

If I can find you

I’ll wait for you now

Until I can breathe again

 

Woohyun finished the song with a silent tear. Wiping away the tear, he slowly turned off the recorder before walked and took a seat on a sofa in the studio. Just after a few seconds, his phone rang. After ignoring the caller for about third time, he finally picked it up.

“Hyung?” “Yah Nam Woohyun! Where are you?! Why don’t you answer me before?!” Woohyun chuckled. “Seriously hyung, you worry too much…” Junhyung soften his voice. “Are you alright? Where are you?” “I’m at the recording studio.” “Wait for me. I’ll be there.”

“No thanks. I prefer being alone. I don’t want anyone to see me in this vulnerable state.” Woohyun laughed, as if it was the funniest thing on Earth. “Woohyun…” “I’m serious, hyung. You really don’t have to come.” “Then, should I call Infinite?” “No! They don’t know about this, and I don’t want them to know. Not until I left.”

“But…” “Hyung, I beg you. Don’t tell them. I don’t want to make this harder.” “What do you mean?” Woohyun smiled bitterly.  “It would be much better this way, hyung. If they watch me die, they won’t be able to continue their lives. I’m sure of it. They also won’t be able to continue pursuing their dreams, when they remember me in my deathbed.”

He continued, “So, the best way is to let them see me once I’m gone. True, they’ll be in grief, but they will, they must continue their lives. Later, they’ll forget me when they were too busy achieving their dreams.” Tears rolled on his cheeks. “You want them to forget you?”

“If that’s the best for them, why not? I don’t want to be the reason for them forgetting their dreams, hyung. I won’t bear it,” Junhyung let out a deep breath. “You won’t do anything stupid, right?” Again, the latter laughed. This time, it sounds different. “Like what? Committing suicide? What for? I’ll die in a few hours, hyung…” “It’s not funny, Nam Woohyun.” “It is, to me.”

Silence filled the atmosphere. “Hyung, can you do me a favor?” “Sure. What is it?”

“Can you tell them that I’m sorry for every bad thing I’ve done to them. Tell them that I love them, and they like a real, close family to me. Also, tell them that I want them to continue doing what they wanted to do, even after I’m gone. Can you do that?”

Junhyung could feel his heart is getting heavy. “I will. I promise, Woohyun.” Woohyun thought for a while before continued, “And also, can you tell Sunggyu that I’ll always love him, and I’m sorry for the despair I caused him.” “I’ll make sure I will.”

“Thanks, Junhyung hyung. Thank you so much for everything you’ve done. Goodbye, hyung.” With that, Woohyun cuts off the line, leaving the other person speechless.

“I can’t believe how corny I sounded just now,” Woohyun muttered, grinning to himself while shaking his head in disbelief. A few seconds later, his smile disappeared. Woohyun lets out a heavy sigh. “I’m really going to miss everything…”

Suddenly, he felt aware of the air that goes in and out of his lungs. Woohyun smiled bitterly, remembering how he never feels thankful for the oxygen he inhaled, for the carbon dioxide he exhaled. He clutched his chest. “Soon, these lungs won’t be working anymore and I won’t be able to inhale or exhale anymore…” He looked around the studio. “I won’t be able to see this studio anymore, I won’t be able to record any songs anymore, I won’t be able to meet them anymore, I won’t be able to meet my fans anymore, and I… won’t be able to see Sunggyu anymore…”

He could feel more tears on his cheeks. “Sunggyu… I’m sorry… I’ve tried my best to forget you… I’ve did everything I can to stop loving you, but I can’t… I still love you… What should I do, Gyu? I’m scared… I’m scared of dying… I’m scared that I won’t be able to see your face anymore… I’m scared that I can’t hear your voice anymore… What should I do, Gyu? What should I do?”

Woohyun looks down, tears can be seen dripping onto the floor. “Why am I crying so much this day? Nam Woohyun, don’t be a baby… Stop crying…” Woohyun wiped his tears, unfortunately, the tears flowed, like a waterfall. “Don’t cry, Woohyun…” he sobbed, before at last, broke down.

 

“Woohyun…” Woohyun immediately looked up as he heard the voice. Quickly, he wiped his tears and showed a small smile. “S-sunggyu…” He tried to get up, but failed as his energy started to disappear. Seeing Woohyun’s fail attempt, Sunggyu quickly rushed into the studio to help, but was stopped by the latter who sat back down.

“I’m sorry, Sunggyu…hyung. I guess I’m too sleepy that I can’t even stand up properly.” He laughed. Sunggyu could notice the difference in the laugh. The laugh was not a cheerful, cheeky laugh that he used to hear from a person named Woohyun. Slowly, he sat down beside the other.

“Why are you lying?” he looked at the younger. “I’m not lying.” “I knew everything, Woohyun. Your doctor had told me everything.” Woohyun gulped. Junhyung hyung… How could you… “I-I don’t know what are you talking about.”

“Stop acting, Woohyun. I don’t need you to lie straight to my face again.” Sunggyu’s words got Woohyun speechless. “Mian, Woohyun. I don’t mean…” “No, it’s true. I’ve been lying too much to you. It’s not weird if you’ve fed up with it.” He smiled, bitterly. This time, Woohyun got Sunggyu speechless.

“How do you know I’m here?” “It’s your favorite place. You once told me that this studio is the place where you’ll go if you’re having troubles and such…” Sunggyu smiled bitterly, trying his best to fight back his tears.  He doesn’t have much time left…

For the first time on that day, Woohyun smiled. A real, happy smile. “You still remember… I’m glad…” Sunggyu felt his heart skipped a beat. Of course I remember. How can I forget that when I can’t even forget you..? The older remained silent, giving chance for the other to talk as many as he want, for the last time.

“Can I ask you something?” “Go ahead.” “Why do you come here?” Sunggyu thought for a while. The truth is, he doesn’t even know why he rushed to meet Woohyun. As soon as he heard that the boy is dying, the only thought in his head was to find him and to be with him. “I guess it’s because I don’t want you to feel alone.”

Woohyun stayed silent for a while before replying.

“I’m already alone the moment you left, Sunggyu. After all these times, I still feel alone. I guess I lied to everyone when I told them I’m fine because the truth is, I’m never fine. It hurts, Gyu… it hurts seeing you left and now, it hurts more seeing you back, looking as if you’ve gotten over with everything. I know I shouldn’t be saying this, but I’ve accepted and I’ve welcomed my death more than ever as soon as you left.”

“I’m sorry, Woohyun.” That was all that he could say. The thought of him being the main cause of Woohyun’s hurt really breaks Sunggyu’s heart. “You don’t have to be sorry. I’m the one who at fault. I’m the one who should be saying sorry. I’m the one who caused you to leave. I’m the one who chased you away.”

Woohyun looked at Sunggyu, his eyes were still red from the crying. “Gyu, please forgive me. I’ve did my best to let you go, but I can’t, Gyu. No matter what I do, I can’t forget you. What should I do, Gyu? I still love you and I can’t stop this feeling. I don’t know what to do anymore.”

Woohyun’s tears started to appear again.  “Woohyun…” “I hate myself, Gyu. I hate myself for being so pathetic. I hate myself for not being able to let you go. I hate myself so much, Gyu… Why can’t I move on like you when I’m the one who chased you away? Why must I suffer like this, Gyu? Why?” The younger sobbed.

Sunggyu could feel his tears started to build in his eyes. After being silent for a while, Sunggyu finally said, “I’ve never move on, Woohyun. Just like you, I’m unable to let you go too. Just like you, I’m still deeply, madly in love with you. And just like you, no matter what I tried, I can’t forget you.”

He looked Woohyun at the eyes. And he saw doubt in those deep brown orbs. “You don’t need to lie just to comfort me, Sunggyu. I don’t need your sympathy. You-” Woohyun’s words were cut by Sunggyu, who suddenly pressed his lips on the younger. The kiss was gentle, but enough to show Sunggyu’s love towards him.

“I’m not lying to you. No matter how much I wanted to lie about this, I can’t.” “Really?” Woohyun’s eyes lit up. Sunggyu nodded. “Really.” “Glad to know that.”

Woohyun grinned before lying down on Sunggyu’s lap. “I missed being like this… Gyu…” “Hmm?” Sunggyu caressed the other’s face lovingly. “I wrote you a song.” “Jeongmal?” Woohyun nodded childishly. “Yeah. But I wrote it a long time ago… You don’t mind right?” “Nope. Sing it to me then.” “Arasso. Hear it carefully, ok?” Sunggyu nodded. Woohyun closed his eyes and started singing.

I used to think that love was wrong

But everything was changed when you came along

And there are a couple of words I wanted to say

 

For the rest of my life, I’ll be with you

I stay by your side, honest and true

Until the end of my time, I’ll love you

 

For the rest of my life, through days and nights

I thank you for open my eyes

I’ll be there for you

I know that deep in my heart

 

Now that you’re here, in front of me

I strongly feel the love

And I have no doubt of saying it loud

That I will love you eternally

 

For the rest of my life, I’ll be with you

I stay by your side, honest and true

Until the end of my time, I’ll love you

 

For the rest of my life, through days and nights

I thank you for open my eyes

I’ll be there for you

Even after I’m gone

 

Woohyun’s voice is getting slower. He could feel his eyes were getting heavier. “Woo, are you okay?” the older started to worry. Woohyun flashed him a very happy, cheerful smile. The smile he used to show when they were happily together.

“Kamsahabnida, Kim Sunggyu. Thanks for still loving me.” “Woohyun…” Sunggyu’s heartbeat started to increase rapidly. Please, not now. Not yet, please…

“Gyu… Promise me, even after I’m gone, you won’t forget me. And also, promise me you’ll have a happy life with whomever lucky person that will be replacing me after I’m gone and promise me you’ll take good care of the members, just like before, okay?” “Woo…” No, please… Please, I beg you, Lord… Please…. Not now…

“Can you kiss me? One last time?” Tears started to flow on Sunggyu’s fair cheeks. The time is here… Woohyun…

Slowly, Sunggyu bent down, and kissed Woohyun’s lips, gently and lovingly. He could feel Woohyun’s smile in between the kiss. After a minute, Woohyun broke the kiss. “Thanks for fulfilling my last wish, Gyu.” Sunggyu bit his lips, a gush of sadness came, without warning.

Smiling his sweetest smile, Woohyun said, with difficulty. “I love you, Kim Sunggyu. Infinitely.”

As soon as he finished the sentence, Woohyun closed his eyes, forever. Faintly, he could hear Sunggyu sobbed, muttering “I love you too, Nam Woohyun. Infinitely.”

 

Annyeonghaseyo, Nam Woohyun-ibnida~!” “Woohyun…” Sunggyu sobbed. His tears flowed down, like a waterfall.

“Would you be my boyfriend, Kim Sunggyu?” “Woo…” the older bit his lips as hard as he can.

“Gyu-ah~ Saranghaeyo~” “Nam Woohyun… Why?” he wiped his unstoppable tears.

“Yah Kim Sunggyu! Do you know how much I’ve been worried about you?!” “Will you be fine there, Woo?”

“I promise you are the one and only for me, Gyu…” “What should I do, Woohyun? I already am missing you…” Sunggyu cried again.

“Let’s be together until we die, Gyu~!” “W-woohyun… How can I live without you, Woohyun???” Again, tears flowed, this time, without stopping. For sure, starting from this very moment, Kim Sunggyu’s life was decorated with Empty Decorations.

 

~*~

 

THE END!

ONCE AGAIN, THANK YOU SO MUCH you FOR READING, COMMENTING AND SUBSCRIBING TO THIS I'm-not-sure-if-I-can-call-this-fic-an-angst FIC.

THANK YOU AND JEONGMAL SARANGHAEYOO~!!! <33