Chapter 21~Perfection

A Rapper's Rhyme And Rhythm

JunHyung couldn't contain his happiness as he walked you home, your hand held tightly in his. He was smiling like an idiot, but he didn't care because he had you. You were actually his and he couldn't believe it. He thought, This is probably the happiest I've been in my entire life. You had calmed down from the incident in the music room, but you were still silent as you walked. I wonder what she's thinking about... She's probably so overwhelmed, JunHyung thought a bit sadly. You were both absorbed in your own thoughts when all the sudden, both your stomachs decided to growl at the same time. The two of you stopped, looked at eachother, and then burst into laughter. Neither of you knew why you were laughing so hard, but it was probably because you both needed to loosen up, and this small, insignificant thing set you off. As soon as the both of you calmed down enough to actually say something, JunHyung looked at you and asked with a smile on his face, "Do you wanna go get something to eat?" "That," you replied, "would be wonderful." JunHyung recalled the time he had interrupted you at the pancake stand, so he took you there. As he walked you up to take a seat on the stools, he said, "I figured since I ruined your meal here last time, I should make it up to you." "No, it was really my fault," you responded. "I shouldn't have acted like that..." you muttered. "Alright," JunHyung said, brushing it off, "what do you want to eat? I'm buying." You told him what you wanted and you both sat there, eating your food.

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

After you were done eating, you once again locked hands with JunHyung. Yes, you grabbed his hand. You felt this overwhelming sensation to always be close to him, so you did. You continued walking until JunHyung started pulling you towards the park next to your apartment. He led you to an empty bench and sat down. You sat as close to him as possible, comforted by his presence. The sun was beginning to go down when you turned to JunHyung and asked, "Why me? I thought you hated me all this time..." He chuckled, "I could ask you the same question." You then realized that he was right. "Anyway... What you said to me in the music room about me being jaelous of you was actually pretty dead-on. I heard you singing in the music room a few weeks ago and found myself completely mesmerized by your voice." JunHyung turned to you and smiled a bit which caused you to blush. You ducked your head and he continued on. "At the time, I was really confused about what I felt and I didn't know what to do, so I just put off what I had felt as jealousy. That's also why I didn't want you around me. I thought that you would just cause me more problems. I continued on like that until a couple weeks ago when I realized what that feeling really was, but by then, I had already messed everything up and you hated me. Plus, you had a boyfriend so what was I gonna do anyway? And then all those things happened because of JongHyun and I couldn't stand seeing you like that. I was insanely determined to protect you even if you didn't ever accept me. That's why I continued to be there even when you said you didn't want my help. And then last week when you looked so out of it... that's what killed me the most because I was scared. You just pushed me further and further away and I was worried I had lost you forever." At this point, you felt horrible. You had no idea you had been causing him this much pain, but before you could do or say anything, he continued, "But then today, you got that determined look in your eyes that I had come to know so well and I actually had hope again. Not that you would accept me, but that you would be happy. However," he your cheek with his fingers, "I ended up getting more than I had wished for." JunHyung held your face gently between his hands and said, "Don't you see, ____? I never hated you. Never. It just took my stubborn self a little longer to realize that it wasn't hate, or jealousy." He leaned in a little closer to your face and whispered, "It was love."

And then he kissed you. It wasn't like before. This kiss was full of his overflowing love. You could just feel it and you knew that everything he had just said was absolutely true. There wasn't a doubt in your mind. In that moment, you felt so at peace and protected that you didn't care about anything else in the world. When you finally broke apart, you quietly said, "JunHyung. Thank you, so much." He looked at you curiously and asked, "For what?" "For waiting and never giving up on me," you replied with all the sincerity in the world. You both smiled, he put his arms around you and you rested your head on his shoulder. Then you just sat there watching the sun as it slowly disappeared below the horizon.

After you left the park, you were just thinking about how you felt that JunHyung was the closest you had been to someone in a really long time even though you had only known him for a month when JunHyung interrupted you. "So I saw your name on the sign up sheet for the competition," he said. "Yeah... Everything's been going wrong though and I haven't had a chance to prepare anything, so I have to hurry if I wanna be able to perform anything." Hesitantly, JunHyung replied, "Well... Actually I was wondering... I've been working on this song... It's a duet. I would be rapping and you would sing, and I was wondering if you wanted to do it with me..." he mumbled the last part. Aigooo, he's so cute when he gets like this! you giddily thought to yourself. "Of course!" you said happily while hugging him. "I would love to." JunHyung looked so relieved after you told him this that you couldn't help but giggle a bit at his reaction. He ruffled your hair a bit and started to walk away. "YAH!" you exclaimed while catching up to him. "You were just so cute!" you explained. "Haha, of course I am," he winked at you. Your heart skipped a beat when he did that and you only looked at him with big eyes. "Come on, it's getting late," he chuckled and took your hand.

You arrived at your apartment a few minutes later and JunHyung walked you to the door. You looked him in the eyes and thanked him again, "Really, thank you so much. I feel like I'm finally myself again. Like I'm normal." "I'm just glad that you allowed me to be the reason. So thank you," he said quietly, a soft smile on his lips. Then he lowered his head a placed a kiss on your forehead before he turned and began walking away. You didn't want him to leave. Honestly, you wanted to spend every minute with him, but you knew he had to go. That doesn't mean I can't be with him for a few more seconds, you reasoned. "Wait!" you called after JunHyung.

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

JunHyung turned around to see you running towards him. He barely had time to register anything before you put your hands on his shoulder, stood up on your tiptoes, and placed a gentle kiss on his lips. Then you hugged him tightly as if you never wanted to let go. Ahhh, this girl... JunHyung thought as he ran his hands through your hair and rested his head on yours. "I didn't want you to leave just yet... So I just needed a few more seconds," you mumbled into his chest, causing JunHyung to smile. You then released your grip on him and stepped back. "See you tomorrow," he said as he slowly let go of your hand. You nodded and hurriedly walked back to your door. JunHyung watched you until he was sure you were safely inside. He turned around and started back home.
I'm the happiest man alive... She's absolutely perfect.

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

~Waaah~! I was so excited to write this chapter, too! This was one of my favorites ^^ I hope you all enjoyed it as well! Don't be a silent reader! I really love when I see that someone has posted a comment on my fanfic ^o^ ♥