Chapter Two

Fragments of Memories

Heaving a deep satisfied sigh, she bowed her head politely at the middle-aged woman who helped her to find a historical book about Greek Gods and Goddesses. She walked out of the library with a smile flashed on her face as she inhaled the fresh air surrounding the hallway. She was about to step on the staircase that was leading through the second floor when a soft yet loud voice called out her name making her turn around to see who was the owner of the voice. She was greeted by a mischievous smile of a girl with her blondie-hair that was in pigtails, holding a bunch of papers in her hands. 

Seohyun raised an eyebrow and asked in a polite manner, "May I help you, Sooyeon sunbae-nim?" 

The blondie-girl namely Sooyeon let out a sarcastic scoff and shoved her the bunch of papers, "Deliver it to the faculty room right now," 

Seohyun was about to complain when Sooyeon cutted her words in disrespectful and cold tone, "No buts, Seo Joohyun. Just do it or else...." She took a step forward to her and whispered in her ear, "I'll make your scholarship gone," And with that, she smirked evilly and walked away, leaving the dumbfounded Seohyun looking down at the papers. She couldn't help but just to follow her commands though she really doesn't like how rich students treated poor ones like their slaves. That's the hatest thing she really don't like in Shimjin Highschool. But what can she do? She is poor and can't afford to pay her tuition fee yet God's blessings showered her that's why she got a scholarship.

She pouted in annoyance and turned her way towards the faculty's area when angry thoughts starting to compile in her mind, "Aish! If ever I am allowed to kill that monster, I would probably do it right now. She's just so.... irritating!" She growled, hugging the papers tightly to prevent it from flying away. Until her hand phone rang, making the thoughts simply vanished. She tightly held the papers using her right hand while her left travelled inside her hand-shoulder bag. She flipped her hand phone and quickly opened the message.

From Jjongie

Hey, Hyun. I'm sorry for not joining you and noona yesterday. >_< Forgive me, okay? Btw, you don’t need to buy your lunch. I’ve bought you already and it’s inside your locker. Eat well, okay?

A smile crept out on her lips as she red the message carefully. She felt grateful for having a friend like him, thoughtful and caring. She then punched a few letters with an excitement on her face.

 

To: Jjongie Oppa 

Its okay, Oppa. I understand. ^^ Really? Omo, thank you a lot Jjong!

Her annoyance had slowly fade away as soon as Jonghyun's message calm her down. Sometimes, she never understand why Jonghyun has this special thing to make her smile nor flattered. He's very special in her life and somehow, its very strange for her to have a 'guy' in her life. Since, she's too innocent for a thing that we called, 'Love' she never gave any misunderstandings about their relationship even though Yoona, Jonghyun's older sister, had always doubting and teasing them if they really have a special relationship. Yeah indeed, they have but just for a special friendship. Nothing more, nothing less. 

 

Few moments later, her cell phone vibrated again, flipping it open and chuckled at the message. 

 

From: Jjongie Oppa 

You are welcome, Hyunnie. :) Btw, let's just chat later ok? Mr. Shin is scolding me! >__< Take care~ *winks* 

 

She did not dare to reply his message again, worrying that he might have detention if they continue texting each other. She put back her hand phone inside her bag without looking at her front until...... 

.

*BOOM! * 

She didn't notice that the floor was still wet making her fell on her hardly and painfully while the papers were scattered all around the hallway. 

"You're so stupid, Seohyun!" She hissed to herself, letting out a groan. She rubbed her carefully easing the pain to fade when she noticed in the corner of her eyes, a tall-looking guy was picking up the papers that she had messed up. She was enjoying watching the little moves that the guy was making until she went back in her own senses, realizing the embarrassing thing she had made. She immediately stood up and picked up the few papers around her.

"Yah, will you please be careful?" The man scolded her with an annoying tone, handing her the papers.

Seohyun took the papers from his hand without looking up and bowed her head, embarrassed. "M-mianhe. Thank you so much." She said softly, lifting her head up to met a gaze of an unfamiliar handsome face. She was froze at her position, busy scrutinizing each part of his face. She felt her cheeks warming up and her heart beats faster than its normal beating. She swallowed hard once their eyes locked to each other, her body was feeling terribly hot as if she can explode by any minute from now. It was like the world had stopped from rotating and is fully concentrating with the both of them. His eyes, his nose, his cheeks and his lips were so perfect! *Is he a human? So handsome…* Until the guy faked a cough and let out a smirk, "I know I'm handsome. Quit staring, alright?" He shook his head and walked away, "Girls these days..." He murmured under his breath. 

She blinked her eyes innocently as she soon gained up her senses, watching the man's back slowly fading away. She cupped both of her cheeks and into her chest in where her heart located, "Why am I feeling this way?" She asked herself recalling of the staring session she had done. She smacked her head softly at the man's last statement echoed in her mind, "That's so embarrassing! Why the heck did I stared at him?!" She hollered at herself, slowly dragging herself towards the faculty's room. Yet, the man's handsome figures were driving her crazy that made her feel uncomfortable with the feeling she wasn't familiar. She instantly shook her head, trying to get rid off of the strange and weird feeling she was experiencing. 

~~

“Is there something wrong, Mr. Cho?” A white-haired old man in his mid-50’s worriedly asked making the stu7dents shifted their gaze at the man whose mind seems spacing out.

He immediately turned his attention as soon as a strong voice waked him up. He noticed that the class was staring at him suspiciously. He let out a fake cough and waved his hands, embarrassed. “I’m sorry, Mr. Jung. You may continue now,”

The worried and concern Mr. Jung wasn’t convinced by his answer, he knew Kyuhyun since he was a little boy and also, he was a great friend of his grand-father who just passed away last year. Seeing the young man in a state of condition like this made him felt a little worry. He put his long-stick at the wooden table and narrowed his eyes at him, “You look pale and tired, Mr. Cho. Go get a rest at the clinic for a while and come back when you felt fine, alright?”

Kyuhyun just nodded and walked out of the classroom. A deep sigh escaped his lips as he made his way towards the clinic. He was very tired due to a lot of works that he needs to do. A lot of his close friends often asked him why he was always busy and don’t have any time to bond with them. And also, why he had changed so sudden that made them curious and worried at the same time. An old memory had played in his mind. It was when his friends made his heart felt a little relieved, and made his hopes filled with of faith.

Flashback:

“I’m busy, Donghae-hyung. I will just pass for today, I’m sorry.” said Kyuhyun weakly, hiding the agony of pain that filled his voice while his hand travelled on his cheeks to wipe the strain of his tears. It had been a month since she left him, his own heart shattered into pieces. He still can’t get over from the pain she had left him. He just can’t believe she broke a lot of promises that he even lost count of it. It was just too hard for him to let go of her since he love her so much, very very much.

He heard a sigh on the other line. “Kyu… I know that it’s very hard. But… don’t let yourself to face your own problems. You have us, you can always leaned a shoulder to us, Kyu.”

He put a palm on his face as he inwardly groaned. How could he be so stupid of not thinking of them?

Without hesitation he quickly replied, “I need your help hyung… please come quickly with the other guys please?” His voice was hoarse, he seems very tired and the sorrow and pain was fully showed on his face.

“We’ll be there.”

Moments later, he found himself crying his heart out in front of his friends that he rarely did to others. Donghae who seems very affected by his situation, patted his back to show some comfort. Jonghyun just listened carefully with a hurtful expression, while Changmin was already wiping his tears, he can’t believe that the EvilKyu he knew was weak… very weak when it comes to Love.

“Hyung… I can’t live without her. I really love her, hyung,” He sobbed as he was hugged by Donghae’s warm arms.

“We knew it, Kyu. But… please don’t be like this. She will be back, Kyu. If she really loves you, she will be back. Don’t let your hopes gone.” Donghae said,

“Donghae hyung was right, Kyuhyun-ah. Don’t you know that we were hurting too? Seeing you in a situation like this was very unbelievable for us. Don’t let your insanity drown you, she will be back, we knew it.” Changmin blurted out, giving him an assuring pat.

“You should believe in Fate and Destiny right now, Kyu. Those two will help you to find your long-lost love. Just like what the other guys said, I will agree with them. She will be back if she really loves you. And I knew she have a reason why did she left so sudden. Someday, Kyu… You will know the answer.” Jonghyun who was used to be silent, said with sincerity in his voice.

Kyuhyun smiled as he stared on his three saviors, he knew that they were the only useful persons who can make him felt better. He then let out a chuckle and quickly wiped the tears on his cheeks, “This is so embarrassing! Why I am crying?!”

The three guys looked flabbergasted but soon burst out into a laugh. They knew that Kyuhyun was back into his normal self but he needs to accept things slowly and carefully. “Thank you very much, guys. You guys are my saviors,” He cheekily smiled, a rare smile that he will show to others.

“Why so cheesy, Kyu? Ewwwwww,” Changmin make a disgust face making them chuckled,

“Yah, yah. I was just saying the truth,” He replied, stucking out a tongue on him playfully,

“You are always welcome, Cho Kyuhyun.” Donghae messed his hair while Jonghyun just nodded at him.

 

 

Present:

A smile crept out on his lips as he reminisced that day. He never forgotten it since it was a very memorable day for him. Until a clash filled the silent hallway, his eyes spotted papers flying on the air and saw a girl fell on the ground. *So clumsy.* He sighed and picked up the papers. He walked towards the girl who seems alright with an annoying expression hanging on his face, “Yah, will you please be careful?” He scolded and handed the papers to her.

“M-mianhe. Thank you so much,” He heard her soft voice and lifted her head up. He froze at his position; his eyes were locked at hers. *She is so beautiful.* He thought as he stared at her big shining eyes that making her look so much cute, her beautiful forehead, her chubby cheeks that turned into pink, and her kissable luscious lips. He somehow felt an awkward feeling that was boiling inside of him, he even can’t look away. *She is like a goddess.* He faked a cough as soon as he realized the awkward serene atmosphere between the both of them, he quickly let out a smirk to hide his embarrassed and red face, “I know I'm handsome. Quit staring, alright?" He shook his head and walked away, "Girls these days..." He murmured under his breath as he silently cursed his self for his stupid action. He never felt this kind of feeling towards a girl because someone owns his heart already. *Seriously, I really need to rest!* He thought and ran towards the clinic to get rid off of the strange and weird feeling.

~~

Seohyun excitedly opened her locker as the yummy smell of sweet potatoes greeted her. She smiled sweetly as she inhaled the scent of it and hurriedly walked towards Yoona who was waiting for her outside.

“Sweet potatoes again?” Yoona inwardly groaned as she looked at the plastic Seohyun was holding.

Seohyun rolled her eyes slightly, “It’s very delicious and healthy, Unnie! If you don’t want then, it’s very okay for me.” She smiled brightly as she thought of not sharing it to the frowning Yoona.

“Hey! Don’t be so selfish, Hyunnie!” Yoona growled and pinched Seohyun’s cheeks lightly. The younger chortled and sat down on their usual spot. They started eating the sweet potatoes and some dumplings and kimchi from Yoona’s lunchbox. They were eating happily until Yoona realized that Seohyun was very delighted today. It was a ‘rare’ expression from her. She knew Seohyun since middle school and she always know whenever she was happy, there’s only a simple yet interesting reason.

She put her chopsticks down as her curiosity started to build up in her mind. The younger blinked her eyes towards her and worriedly asked, “What happen?”

“Well, just wondering... why are you so happy today?” Yoona raised an eyebrow.

Seohyun was a little bit shock. *Me? Happy?* She roamed her eyes around as she was trying to find a simple answer. *Was it because of the sweet potatoes? Or, I am just seemed to be happy?* She looked at Yoona who was waiting for her to reply. She scratched the back of her head as she knew Yoona very well.

“I don’t know.” She shrugged and put the sweet potato inside , making Yoona slightly bewildered.

“Hmmm… don’t tell me you are in love!” She beamed and pointed her index finger towards her.

“I guess I am.” Seohyun respond emotionless making Yoona jolted from her seat. Her doe-eyes widened as she heard her reply, “M-mwo?! You are in-love!?”

Seohyun stopped from chewing and realized what did she just said. *M-me? That can’t be!* the figures of the guy that she had bumped a while ago suddenly slipped in her mind, making her face flushed at the thought. Yoona noticed the sudden colored cheeks of hers and she let out a smile. “What’s up with your cheeks? So, you already like someone that you didn’t dare to tell me, huh?”

Seohyun waved her hands as she looked at the disbelief face of Yoona, “A-aniyo! I don’t like someone!” She said hoping that her Unnie will believe her words. She noticed the smirk in Yoona’s face, *Oh, crap.*

“You know… it’s okay if you like someone. I will be very happy because my Hyunnie is growing up now!” She softly said, patting her back to show some comfort.

The younger sighed, she need someone to give her some advices about these weird feelings she was encountering. She looked at Yoona, who was smiling at her as if she can help her to avoid these feelings. She sighed and began explaining about the guy she had met a while ago and the unfamiliar feelings she was experiencing.

“And that was it…”

Yoona smiled at her and squeezed her hands, “Are you disappointed because you didn’t have a chance to ask his name?”

“O-of c-course n-not! I told you, I don’t like him, Unnie!” Seohyun scowled at Yoona who just replied her by laughing.

Yoona ruffled her hair and looked at her dearly, “Hyun, stop denying, alright? It’s obvious, you like that guy.”

“A-ani---“

Yoona quickly shoved her a dumpling that made her stop from her sentence. She chuckled lightly, “Hyunnie is finally mature!~”

Seohyun glared at Yoona who was teasing her about the guy. But honestly, she felt happy with an unexplainable reason. *Liking someone is so complicated.*

~~

Seohyun took the books from her locker and quickly put it inside her bag. She will have an advance study for the upcoming exams that will be held next two weeks. She walked out of the locker area when Ms. Wu, her adviser, called out her name.

She simply smiled, “Yes, Ms. Wu?”

“Seohyun-shi, I just want to tell you something that a student from Class-A1 will transfer in our class. Being the president of Class-A2, I want you to take the responsibilities okay?”

Seohyun blinked her eyes as she thought of Class-A1. Class-A1 contains of smart students that came from rich families.

“Sure thing, Ms Wu, but why will he/she transfer in our class?”

Ms Wu shrugged, “I don’t know either. Maybe because he’s not comfortable in Class-A1,”

*He? So, definitely a boy.* She bit her lower lip as she knew that she’s not very sociable towards boys.

“I must go now, Seohyun-shi. See you tomorrow.” Ms Wu said, walking away but stopped when Seohyun called her.

“What is his name?” She asked in a polite manner,

“His name is Cho Kyuhyun.”

Her eyes widened in shock. *Uh-oh.*

~~

Hello everyone! I'm sorry for not updating so fast because I'm having a trouble in this Chapter. ;A; So what do you think? Is it kinda lame? I'm sorry, I will try my best for the upcoming chapters, really. Please drop a comment and keep subscribing please! ^^ You guys are just my source of strength. I don't know when will I update since school is starting tomorrow T__T'' I really hate schools, you know? :/ Haha.. But I promise maybe I'll update within this week because I already have my plans for this story.. I hope I did not disapoint you.. Thank you and God Bless!!

Btw, thank you @SeoKyuLate2803 for the lovely poster!! :D Please visit her shop~ Saphir |Graphic Shop| 

P/s: Have you guys already saw the picture of Seohyun linking her arms with Yesung? :D I admit that its cute! But it would be very very cute and sweet if it was Kyuhyun, right? Uhhh, I miss Seokyu sooo much!!! T____T'' But lets keep hoping! :) 

 

 

 

 

And of course, SeoKyu!! :'D