one.

Collection of Leeteuk One-shots

 

 

            He angrily slammed the table, causing everyone to look up, startled. He cussed loudly as he dropped his phone into his bag and left the room without a word. It was such a sudden moment that all we could register was the resonating sound of the door slamming.

 

            “What the hell?” asked Eunhyuk as he immediately went to his hyung’s bag and rummaged it noisily for the white phone. I stood by him and peeped over his shoulder, as he read what caused Leeteuk to storm out.

 

            Oh god. I put my hands over my mouth as I read the many heartless comments and closed my eyes. This cannot be happening to him again – the dreaded fan wars are starting once more and most of it is targeted at him.

           

            “…” Eunhyuk said softly as he went over to his manager, who was chatting amiably with the other members, to deliver the news.

 

            All I heard was the sound of my beating heart as I quickly left the room to look for oppa. I quickly walked down the length of the hallway and roughly pushed the door leading to the backstairs. I did this without a moment’s hesitation, as this is where he likes to sit when he is upset – at a place that is dim and hauntingly silent. I peeped across the railing and saw him sitting two floors down; I heard my footsteps echoing, bouncing off the walls, as I quickly descended towards him.

 

            I watched his figure from the back, which was hunched and incredibly still. It was hard for me to disturb his solemnity, but I knew that if I didn’t – it’ll break… HE’LL break.

 

            “Oppa…”

 

            He looked up, tears glistening in his brown eyes. They were threatening to fall, but I know he won’t let them. I immediately sat down and put my arms around him, holding him close. At once, I could smell the musty odor of his suit and the sweet, tingly scent of his cologne.

 

            “Why does this always happen to me?” he asked in a tired voice. It sounded hopeless, lifeless and without anger, which caused a sudden pang of numbing pain to my chest. I held him even tighter and slowly let my tears wet his hair.

 

            He sighed again as he turned and wrapped his arms around me in a tight and suffocating embrace. I rest my head on his shoulder as I felt his hand patting my back. Is he trying to comfort me while he is hurting so much himself? I let the tears flow even more severely… This man cares so little for himself and so much for others.

 

            I pulled away and looked into his eyes. He avoided my intense gaze and rested his head on the railing instead, staring out into space. Understanding that there was nothing the both of us could do against everything that has happened, I put my hands in his, in feeble hope, that this warmth could make things better.

 

            “I’m sorry,” I said quietly. It was all that I could say and the best thing that I could say. I’m sorry that he had to face it all. I’m sorry that tomorrow he will have to wake up with a smiling face and face the world. I’m sorry there was nothing I could do to protect him.

 

            He nodded.

 

            He understood.

 

Author's note: The incident had given me so much sadness that I needed to express it somehow.