TEARS AND RAINDROPS

THE GIRL THEY LOVE (DARAGON VERSION)

 

 

Dara couldn’t do anything but watch Jiyong calmly, very calmly, approach the stairs and went down.

She threw a quick, stricken glance at Tabi.

He was confused too.

Cold sweat broke out on her forehead, trickled down her chest and back. She didn’t know if she should explain to Tabi or run after Jiyong first.

In the end, the stronger impulse won over and she dashed into the stairs and ran down.

But Jiyong was nowhere to be seen.

The two security guards in the restaurant looked startled at her. But seeming to understand, they pointed towards the exit.

Sounds of an engine of a car she heard.

 

 In the precious seconds she spent in deciding her next move, he had drove off his car.

 

She hurriedly hopped in to her car and started the engine in panic.

“I have to follow him.” She said, barely containing her breath.

She drove her car as fast as she can enable to follow the car that Jiyong is driving.

It’s my entire fault. I should have told Jiyong and Tabi all the truth. I should have never pretend that I still love him. that I can't live without him.. that I'm still longing to be with him.

But the whirring in her head refused to leave her alone.

If I could only told the truth earlier...and he should have heard her. If only I told him that I still love him.

She remembered the pained, dulled look she saw in his eyes when she discovered his presence too late, much too late.

She had to face him fast and explain it to him..everything.

She lost the sight of him and his car because of the traffic and he was also driving fast.

He took a different route.

Then she heard thunders.. It’s going to rain.

 

Then she saw his car again..

She immediately followed him and drives her car as fast as she could.

It’s the first time she’s driving this fast.

But she didn’t care. As well as she didn’t care if she will have an accident because of this.

 

All her efforts and strength. She overtook him and made her car blocked his car.

Then the rain started to pour down.

But still she went outside to face Jiyong.

He stopped the engine of his car and made his way to her ,,..to face her.

“What do you think you’re doing Dara?! Do you want to die?!” Jiyong shouted at her.

He has to shout at her. The raindrops and the thunder were too loud.

“I have to. And I don’t care if i’ll die. I just want to talk to you.” She replied.

“Jiyong, please I have to talk to you. Let me explain” She said in her medium voice.

They were mere few steps away from each other. They are getting wet because of the rain.

Don’t,” he voiced hoarsely.

Don’t what? She didn’t understand, but seeing him close his eyes as if he was in real pain gave her the sinking feeling that she knew what he meant.

 

“Don’t make things harder,” he finished.

“Jiyong, please. You have to hear me out.” Grabbing his hand.

His hands were shaking.

Oh God, please Jiyong.

“I think I’ve heard enough and I don’t think I want to hear all the truth..that you and Tabi..”

“No, you haven’t heard all the truth yet Jiyong. Please..-“

“I get it already, don’t worry. It’s just that… if I only knew from the start you couldn’t love me anymore, you couldn’t accept me anymore..you really didn’t have to play games ..that I don’t have any chance left.--”

She closed the distance between them and boldly placed her two hands on his shoulders. “Jiyong, I just didn’t want Tabi to find out about –”


“You didn’t want anyone to know about us. You were too ashamed, and at least now I know why. That you're going to choose Tabi because you fell inlove with him already. I guess.. I have to move on already.”

God, if he only knew how it hurt her that she hurt him. “That’s not fair.”

“Not fair? Tell me who’s being unfair here.” He said in his weak voice.

 

Why didn’t he just yell at her? Why did he have to fight back so weakly?

 

She’s now crying.

Glad there’s the rain which would cover up her tears.


He closed his hands over hers and lifted them from off his shoulders. He brought them between their bodies. Her head dropped down to look. At that instant it struck her how perfect their hands were together.

“Jagiya, he broke off abruptly, realizing his slip. “ I…thought I wouldn’t give up on you. I don’t have the heart to give up on you. I made a mistake and hurt you in the past. And all my life I couldn’t forgive myself for that. Everynight, I pray that you would forgive me and love me back. But I guess .. I don't have a choice then, you and Tabi...I’m just too tired already. It’s making me stupid..Funny thing is that I’ve already been so stupid.”

 He offered a pale smile as he led her towards the door of her car and let go of his hold on her.

She couldn’t say anything.

 

He didn’t want her to say anything. She opened for one final attempt, but he beat her to it….

“Please don’t try telling me you’re sorry, because I don’t think you can be any sorrier than I am.”

“So please. Gome home right now. You’ll get sick. And take good care my Jagiya.”

He immediately went to his car and drove it.

Leaving Dara behind...

 broke in tears.

 

****

BOM’S POV

 

We ended our dinner fast and left immediately.

We decided to go home early.

I can’t focus because I can feel there’s something wrong.

We are worried about Sssantoki. She’s weak and easily hurt.

She’s the one supposed to take care of her and protect her. She’s been like a sister to her ...to them.

 

If Jiyong will hurt Dara once more, he’ll regret it. I’ll make sure he’ll regret it.

 

They arrived at thier dorm. There’s still no Dara present around or on her room.

 

After we have change our clothes, we all gathered in the living area.

We’re waiting for our Sssantoki.

 

And there she was..

She opened the door.

Feeling so down and weary.

 

She was soaked up in wet.

 

“Ssantokkii! What happened?!” I asked her while approaching her.

The two followed.

She then hugged me.

As if I know what happened to her.

"I'm so stupid..stupid..stupid.." she whispers between her cries.

“Sshh.. Don’t say that. Everything will be alright.” I hugged her back ..patting her back. Doint the best I could to assure her that everything will be alright like it’s supposed to be.

 

The two hugged us also. Giving all the warmth and love to our Sssantoki..

“Dara-unnie..I’m really sorry.. “Chaerin said while crying.

Minzy is also crying.

 

Then our dear Sssantokii cried. She was crying so hard.

 

I was controlling my tears not to fall; I have to be strong for Sssantokii.