DETOUR

THE GIRL THEY LOVE (DARAGON VERSION)

 

 

DETOUR 

 

(SOMEWHERE IN CHAPTER 22 in THE GIRL THEY LOVE TABISAN VERSION)

 

 

 

dara_etude_large.jpg

 

DARA’S POV

 

She’s unwell but she’s not sick.

There are just so many things that trouble her mind and her heart.

Maybe she’s just tired.

Despite of that, she must hide these feelings and trying to put up her usual jolly mood for her work, for the group, for the fans and for herself.

She heard her phone rang, she answered her through the speakers.

 

“Hello Dara.” A husky deep voice greeted her.

“Tabi?” she lost her mind. She didn’t notice who’s the caller.

She heard him let go of a y chuckled. “I’m glad you answered it. Knowing you I thought you’re not gonna answer it. Lucky me.”

 

“Oh, haha.” That was all she could reply.

 

 “Are you busy right now? Hmmm..I just want to make sure that you are alright.”

“Oh!,” she gulped.

Great! Maybe It’s about time. I have to tell him the truth.

“I’m fine.” she laughed.

“Aahm,, I’m on my way to our dinner date with the girls, you know, Sunday night and all. Hey, are you free? You could join us if you want to. You know, have fun with us before you and your group will be busy on you tour.” She said all of a sudden.

 

“Oh sure, that’s great.”

 

She then gave the address to Tabi.

And bid goodbye.

 

She let go of a deep sigh after the call ended.

 

She then remembers the kiss that Tabi and her shared recently.

That’s just a kiss Dara. It’s a kiss which you didn’t expect of.

You should apologize to Tabi. What happened is really wrong. It’s a mistake. You were just carried away at those moments.

She said to herself while driving her car..on her way to the restaurant that Chaerin suggested.

Arrghh.

She can’t erase Jiyong on her mind. She was guilty of what happened.

If he knew this, he will be hurt. I don’t want to hurt him.  

But I don’t want also to hurt Tabi.

 

“Dara, I like you ever since. I’m falling in love with you.”

 

The scenes with Tabi and her can’t stop replaying on her mind.

She sensed that Tabi likes her but not to the point that he’ll confess to her that he’s falling in love with her.

She admits that she liked Tabi also. But Jiyong...

Urrgggh.. She can’t choose between the two.

She must decide as soon as possible. Or else.

 

 

What have I done?

 

 

 

Boys. And they called women 'difficult'.

 

She doesn’t want to hurt anybody.

What if because of her ....

 

She shake off the bad thought.

 

No matter what happened, she wouldn’t allow herself to be the cause of the team’s falling apart.

 

They had all worked so hard and diligently for everyday these past months. They had all gone through so many hurdles and sacrifices.

They weren’t going to stop anytime soon.


She didn’t want to be selfish.

She must decide and do what's right ...maybe she didn’t want to be with Tabi or with Jiyong if it meant having certain friendships destroyed.

I must end all this.

 

Dara shook her head. The sky was cloudy and painted as orange as the sun sets down but there was the rest of the night to enjoy. A great Sunday to enjoy and have dinner with your friends after a day of work and practices.

She needed… to get moving.

 

CL’S POV

 

Aaissh.. will Dara-unnie attend the dinner date? She asked herself many times.

Chaerin hopes that the dinner date will be successful and that the two will be together again.

 

The dinner is really true except that she prepared two dinners for the night. One for Dara-unnie and Jiyong-oppa. And the other one for the 2ne1 girls except for, it’s in the different place. Kekeke.

 

She purposely did that so that the other girls will also not be confused if ever Dara-noona will ask them about it.

 

******

Chaerooo, where’s Ssantoki?? I thought she’ll come.” Bom asked in demand.

“Aaa, she texted me that she can’t go with us tonight Bom-unni.” Cl responded immediately.

 

“Whaatt?!! Aigooo. Where could that Sssantokii be?!” Bom shouted.

 

The two girls were expecting the rampage of Bom.

 

They just smiled at her reaction but a bit of scared at the same time.

Bom became silent.. as if she was sensing something different.

Bom then asked Chaerin,..

“Chaerin, tell me the truth. You did something didn’t you? That’s why Sssantoki is not here?” she asked in a serious voice.

 

Chaerin gulped.

She have no choice but to tell the truth..

 

“Whaat??! Aisshh.. you are so tricky Lion.” Bom said.

“But, Bom-unni. I just want to help. I hope Dara-unni will forgive me about this.”

Bom sighed. “Don’t worry Chae, Dara will forgive you for sure. I’m just worried for Dara. I think she’s not yet prepared to face Jiyong and talk about their this and thats.”

They are worried about Dara. What if the date of the two will end up hurting them both again?

 They don’t want Dara to experience more hurt. She’s so full of that. They want her to be happy again.

“Let just hope that nothing bad will happen and everything will be fine.” Bom said.

“You are right Bom-unni. I hope they will be okay now with Jiyong-oppa.” Minzy seconded.

The three is concerned in Dara.

 

Dara-unnie, I hope you’ll forgive me if I did this to you.. T____T I hope you’ll understand me. Chaerin told herself.

 

**********

She arrived at the restaurant that Chaerin told her.

It’s an exclusive restaurant. She wondered why Chaerin chose this restaurant to have their dinner. It’s so unusual.

Maybe they are going to celebrate for something special? Birthday? For a job well done for them? Or maybe an anniversary?

She has no idea.

 

She wondered why there’s no Chaerin or Minzy or Bom in sight.

The waiter led her to their table that Chaerin reserved for them.

She was surprised that there are no customers in the area. Only a few staff was there.

The waiter led her to a big terrace, on the second floor, overlooking the garden and the pool area and the table in the center.

 With a lots of pink roses?!

A candle light dinner?!

“If there’s something you want madam, just call us.” The waiter bowed and ready to leave.

“This is the table? I mean my friend reserved?” she questioned. Puzzled look.

“Yes madam. Actually she reserved the whole place.”

“Really?!”

“Yes madam.”

 

Then the waiter left leaving the clueless lady behind.

 

Aigooo.. Where are they? Am I too early or too late that they left me here? She asked herself.

Should I text them?

Hmm.. maybe they will be here soon. Be patient Dara. She said to herself.

Left with no choice, she calmly waited for the other girls and sat in her chair.

 

 

TABI’S POV

 

He arrived at his destination. Luckily, it was near his place. So it's easy and fast in going at the place.

He was shocked when he saw the venue. It’s really really nice.

It’s perfect for having dates.

The waiter led him to the reserved table.

He was wondering what was Dara and the girls doing in this place like this.

It’s like for special couple on a date only.

Or maybe they’re having a special celebration for a special occasion or reason which them only knew.

She then saw Dara as his foot set on the terrace.

But to his surprise, it was only her present and they were no other 2ne1 girls.

 

 

 

“Dara?” he said as if he was surprised and puzzled.

Dara turned her head to him and widen her eyes.

“Tabi.”

“Where are the other girls?” he asked in confusion.

 

“I don’t know also.” She replied.

 

“Maybe, they will be here as soon as possible.” He assured her.

 

“Yes, that’s also what I thought.” She smiled.

They decided to took the orders first while waiting for them.

The waiters left immediately after they served the food.

 

The two stared at each other.

He watched Dara sighs and runs her finger through her hair.

She was so simple as always but she still looks amazing.

Dara broke the silence first.

Her stomach was grumbling.

“Aigooo..Let’s eat. I’m hungry Tabi.” She said.

He laughed. “Me too.”

 

“Hmmm..Dara.., I have something to tell you.”

 

“Tabi, I have something to tell you.”

 

The two said in chorus.

 

They stared at each other.

He smirked at the coincidence.

 

“You first Tabi.” She demanded him.

 

 

“Tabi, let’s all make things clear.”

“What do you mean?” He was staring at her intensely.

He was not sure if he was expecting this. But he have to be strong whatever may happen.

In the end, its Dara’s decision matters.

 

DARA’S POV

 

“Uhmm,, okay. I just want to discuss with you.. about.. I mean about what happened to us the recent day.” He stuttered.

She was expecting this.

“Tabi, let’s all make things clear.”

“What do you mean?” He was staring at her intensely.

Oh no, I can’t do this.

“Let’s forget about the kiss Tabi. It was....”

 



The sound of footsteps almost inaudibly, pierced the air and stopped her from continuing her reply.”

Her wide eyes locked with his.. He shifted his gaze at her back.

The small hairs on Dara’s neck stood hot and prickly.

Even before she spun around, she was shocked at what she saw.

 


She swallowed hard. “Jiyong?!”

He had an unreadable expression on his face.

I stood up immediately.

“What do you mean by the kiss Dara?!” he shouted.

 

 

“Jiyong, It’s not what you think.” I defended.

 

“Why are you shouting at her Jiyong?!” Tabi  stood up this time.

“Answer me Dara?! What about the kiss?” his voice is shaking.

Looking at her intensely. Ignoring Tabi.

He was teary eyed.

 

“Please. Answer me. Maybe I have the right to know the truth .. If you and Tabi are...” he pleads.

 

“Yes! So what Jiyong?! We kissed. Dara and I kissed. Got a problem with that?!” Tabi shouted at Jiyong.

Dara gasped.

 

Jiyong,...

 

He was stunned. He looked at Tabi. And again stared back at her.

 

“Fine.. I guess.,,It’s better if I don’t know the truth.” He said softly as he turned his back.

 

 

 

kyaaa! what do you think guys?! I choose this chapter because hmmm... maybe because It was in this chapter that Dara really made decisions about whom she will choose. So I change some scenes for the revision.