Eight

Do Kyungsoo is my bestfrien

"So I was talking to a couple of seniors on the athletics team who are going tomorrow and apparently, Chungho's idea of 'smart casual' is more 'smart' than 'casual'. Chaebol life they said." 

Kora took off her spikes and put them in her Nike bag. I sat down next to her on the side bench waiting for her to finish packing.

"What are the boys wearing?" I asked out of curiosity, but I know Kai, Channie, Baek and D.O all have very decent wardrobes and that outfit choice wouldn't be a problem at all for them. Me on the other hand...

Kora shrugged as she tied up her normal sneakers. "I dunno. Nice shirt, open collar of course... and nice shoes"

I groaned.

"I have nothing to wear" I said despondently. It's definitely not a phrase I say as often as most girls... but in this case... I really truly have nothing for tomorrow's party, which, by the way, is probably going to be the coolest thing to happen to me this year. It's nice to know my life has peaked. 

The thing is, I don't actually party much. I'm too busy. And to be completely honest... I prefer pyjamas and a book over nightclubs and blistered feet. But. All for Chungho.

Kora clapped her hands, and gave me a suspicious looking grin. 

"What... why are you looking at me like that?" I said nervously.

"I got the best idea ever."

"Yes...? Go on..."

"Leave your outfit to me! I'll be your stylist tomorrow!" she said excitedly.

I was just about to respond, when a voice spoke from behind us. We both jumped a little in surprise.

"Are you guys talking about the party tomorrow night?"

It was Suhwa. I mentally kicked myself. I should have invited her to be our plus-one or something. She wasn't with us when Chungho invited us. I didn't want her to think we were deliberately exclusive. 

"Um.. yeah... A senior friend of Chanyeol's party... hey, I'm sorry we didn't tell you!" I began, ignoring Kora's looks (she still hasn't really opened up to Suhwa), "it wasn't intentional! It completely slipped my mind..." I explained hurriedly. I paused when Suhwa started giggling.

"It's totally okay, relax Mi." she giggled into her hand, "I'm going to the party"

"Oh, Chungho invited you? You know him?"

"Nup, don't even know who Chungho is. Never met him." she said shaking her head, "No, I'm D.O's plus one, he didn't tell you?"

Okay. Did not see that coming.

"What?" Kora said, not hiding her shock.

"Oh... no he didn't..." I said, gathering my thoughts. "Oh well, that's great! We'll see you tomorrow then! Phew ~ D.O saved me from this one!" I joked.

"So excited! I gotta run, see you guys tomorrow!" She skipped off towards the car park.

"What is D.O up to. Just great, sugar-queen is coming. What did she promise him, life supply of spaghetti?" Kora raged. 

I zoned out. I didn't really know what to think. It's no big deal right? D.O was just doing what I forgot to do... But plus one... sounds so.... official. And why didn't he tell me? Or maybe it happened today... I didn't see him at lunch today... so... I'll just mention it later tonight when I talk to him. Actually, I'm not even going to mention it. It's not a big deal. Why should it matter to me at all. He'll tell me if he wants to tell me. 

"Forget it." I tell Kora, "lucky she is coming, otherwise, I'd feel so bad I forgot to invite her myself" 

Kora rolled her eyes and muttered something along the lines of "you two are too kind"

"Let's go shopping. Make me feel better. And you gotta listen to me about your outfit, I'm your stylist for this one, no arguments. I'm going to make you look smokin' hot."

Uh. Oh. 

But I follow her out the school gates towards the station anyways.

---------------------------

"So, the gang's meeting at your place tomorrow before the party and going together?"

"Mmhm" D.O. was lying on my bed, scrolling through an online news article on his phone. 

"What time?"

I know I swore to myself not to mention Suhwa. But my mind refused to forget it. All through the shopping trip with Kora as well. I left after an hour of being dragged around every boutique and department store in the city, and just told my fashionista friend that she can just pick something out and bring it tomorrow. I was too tired to care anymore. 

"You can come anytime. But the others are coming at around 5. Chanyeol and Baek are driving. I might drive too. I'll see if we need it and who wants to go with who. Baek will probably want to take Kora alone." he sniggered. 

"Okay..." I said, I tapped my pen on my book unconciously. Why wasn't he telling me about Suhwa... more importantly... why am I so bothered by it! Feeling frustrated for being so bothered, I didn't even notice my tapping had increased in intensity and I was doing it nib down. 

D.O. noticed. 

He looked away from his phone.

"You drilling a hole in that assignment?"

I stopped tapping. My maths sheet was spotted with blue dots. 

"Oops."

"Is something wrong?"

"What? No... nothing."

"You're acting weird."

"No I'm not." Not an adequate response. So I added, "I'm just stressed I think. Got tons of things to organise for the committee..."

D.O stared at me. I can tell he didn't really believe me. But I let out a silent sigh of relief when he shrugged and let it go. 

"Hey come look, Jongin just texted me a picture of what he's gonna wear tomorrow."

I went over and sat cross-legged on the edge of the bed and took his phone from him. 

"Hmm, all black, black shirt, open collar, Calvin Klein belt, nice shoes... he looks really good." I said, while texting back a message of approval. D.O propped himself up on one arm and watched me over my shoulder. His breathing tickled my ear, so I shifted around slightly. 

"Hey, what are you gonna wear?" 

I shrugged. "No idea. Kora's in charge. She's picking something out and bringing it tomorrow to your place."

"Oh." D.O said. "What's wrong with all that in there?" he asked waving at my walk in closet.

"Dunno... she says I dress like I'm going to church everyday... so... not...y enough I guess?" I said

D.O cleared his throat, but didn't say anything. 

"You'll probably need to drive tomorrow." I said after a moments silence. Screw my lack of will power. I give up. "Baek will take Kora in his car. Channie drives a small two door sports car, there are seats in the back but it'll be a squish for all four of us."

D.O raised an eyebrow, confused. "Four? Me, you, Kai... ?"

So he forgot... how can he forget such a thing. She is his plus one...

"Suhwa. So, I'll go with Chan and Kai, and you can take Suhwa. Less squishy." I explained.

"Oh yeah... Suhwa... forgot about her."

Was it evil of me to feel slight relief at those words? 

Wait a second. 

I felt relieved? Now why the f. do I feel relieved?

"Isn't she your plus one?" I said, making sure to keep it casual, like a I-don't-really-care-this-didn't-bother-me-all-day kind of tone.

"My plus one? Um... no...." he said slowly. "She heard us talking about it, and I felt bad, so I suggested she come too, as our plus one. As in... all of us... I'm pretty sure I said 'our'... "

"Nup. She told us, and I quote: 'I'm D.O's plus one' "I said.

D.O sighed and flopped back down on his back, rubbing his temples. 

My mother popped her head into my room.

"Kyungsoo dear, are you staying for dinner?"

"Only if that's okay with you Mrs. Kim"

"Of course! More the merrier! Come down in five minutes kids, Dad's going to be home soon."

She closed the door behind her.

I was in a considerably better mood for some reason.

Kai and I were engaged in a selca battle of who could make the ugliest faces, still using D.O's phone. I giggle at the latest selca I received.

I guess I'm a er at hiding my feelings because next thing I know, D.O is looking at me suspiciously.

"Hold on..." he said slowly. I pause and look at him nervously. I could almost see the cogs in his brain turning as he made links.

Uh . Why am I such an open book. I stop giggling and put my serious face.

Too late.

"Hold on..." he said again. "That's why you were all weird before... wasn't it?"

"No, what are you on about. I was stressed."

"No..." he snapped his fingers and pointed at me, a mischievous smirk appeared on his face. "You were jealous!" he said. 

Nonchalant. Nonchalant. Nonchalant. Be nonchalant.

"Please. Do Kyungsoo. Don't flatter yourself. It's unbecoming."

D.O just laughed. 

He leant forward. I leant back. 

"You know..." he said, in a low voice. Far out. That's his dangerous voice. The low, manly kind. I call it his dangerous voice, because my heart does funny things when I hear it. So do my knees. They go all jelly like. "There's no need to be jealous. Chanyeol's car is so small, you have to push down the front seat to get in the back. You can come with me too. Don't worry, I don't forget you. So don't be jealous, now that's unbecoming" he said with a low chuckle and a wink.

I'm sure I'm beet red. How embarrassing. Why must he be so observant. I can't lose this. I won't lose this.

"Thanks, but no thanks Do D.O. Don't want to be intruding on you and Suhwa's time alone...together... " deliberately emphasizing the alone together part, because we all know what a blast being alone with Suhwa can be. "I'd rather be squished, but comfortable, than be squished and a third wheel." I added that last bit just for kicks. 

That shut him up. I smiled satisfied.

"Dinner time ~" I said, standing up and stretching. 

D.O. buried his head in my pillow and groaned.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wowowowow so many new subscribers!!! Thank you all so much! I hope you liked this chapter. Next chapter will be the partttyyyyyyyy wooohoo ^^ Please please please comment more guys! I love reading them the most! Also, I would have liked to update this earlier, but this week was pretty bad for me... I fainted twice this week :S so scary, and now I have a bruised arm and head >< Going to the doctors tomorrow. Things are getting busy with work and school and life, so please comment. That's like my encouragement! Anyways, thanks again to all you new subbies! Subscribe and comment guys! <3 <3