Setting Sun

Best Absolute Perfect Kingdom

 

Onew doesn't say a word all day, and you rush in and out of his room all day, helping other people and treating Onew and cooking and treating Onew and getting Onew more medicine. When you first walked in to his room that morning, you bumped into King Key, who told you that the only words the ill king had spoken was when he had first woken up. He had turned to Key, who had stayed by his side through the night, and rasped painfully for a glass of water, and then had fallen silent due to the immense pain of his throat.

You give a tired, worried sigh and wring the cool water out of a towel, placing it delicately across Onew's forehead. He has large bags under his eyes, but the dark orbs behind his lids have been following you expressionlessly as you hurried around throughout the day. For the first few morning hours it made you highly uncomfortable, but things quickly picked up and you soon lost the luxury of having a moment to stop and think.

Key pokes his head in the door, eyebrows furrowed, for the twentieth time all day. 

"How is he?" He asks quietly, as you mash up some more medicine to put in Onew's drink. Key speaks as though Onew isn't there, and in a way, he isn't. Without the ability to speak, his input is lost in the room, and sometimes, even though the conversation is usually about him, you find yourself often forgetting that Onew's even there.

You open your mouth to answer, but a sharp, weezing cough interrupts you. 

"I'm much better," Onew manages, smiling a kind, though weak, signature smile.

Key rushes to his side, sitting lightly on the corner of the bed, one hand on the blanket'd lump of Onews leg comfortingly. They smile at eachother for a moment, and you realize that Key's visits are probably Onew's best medicine right now.

"Can I get you anything?" You ask softly, and a curly pink haired head stands in the doorway, eyes calling for your attention. You turn to Zelo.

He understands the relaxed feeling of the room, and whispers, "Noona, Himchan hyung is looking for you." You nod quickly and turn back to Onew, hearing Zelo's footsteps turn and go back down the hall.

Key's eyes follow the boy, and he looks at you, a subtle bewilderment in his features. "Did that King just call you noona?" He mutters, and you feel your face warm. You try to hide it by subtly itching your nose, but Onew saves you.

"Let her be, Kibum," he whispers, grinning. You stare at him, pleading, and he nods. "Thank you for helping me today, Yunji. You're dismissed."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You catch up to Himchan a couple hallways down from Onew's room, and he pulls you in quickly, wasting little time getting rid of the space between you two.

Your fingers curl with his and you lean on him tiredly when the two of you break apart slightly and walk down the hallway. A long moment of blissful, stress-free silence passes, Himchan's hand warming yours, and you try to savor all of it. 

Himchan turns and eyes you for a moment as the two of you walk, eyes narrowed slightly in thought.

"Yes?" You ask softly, breaking the silence. You stop walking and turn to him, and he leans forward, brushing a thumb over the emerging purple crescents under your eyes. Shaking him off gently, you take his hand in yours and smile.

"Do you feel alright?" He questions, and you nod, still cheerful despite his worry. "I'd really rather you not catch whatever Onew has," he tells you honestly.

You let out a deep breath and stop suddenly to yawn. Himchan's face lines deeper with worry.

"That means sleep," he murmurs, tracing your bottom lip with one finger, "and eating regularly throughout the day."

As if on cue, your stomach rumbles, crying out its hunger. A smirk lights up Himchan's face and he raises and eyebrow.

"Let me guess," he chuckles, "apple for breakfast?"

You nod guiltily and he laughs, kissing the top of your head before the two of you begin walking again.

"Does lunch in the village sound good?" He asks gentlemanly, elbow hooked with yours as he escorts you through the castle. Is it only halfway through this long day? You wonder.

"It's only noon?" Not answering his question, you each push open a door leading out of the castle. You can see the sunset painting the sky with vibrant purple and orange, and you raise and eyebrow at Himchan.

"I don't know about you," he mutters, "but dinner with everyone in the castle does not sound appetising at the moment."

You give a little laugh, and nod, allowing him to steer you down the path to the village. After the long, demanding day, the cool breeze and fading warmth of the setting sun calm your shot nerves, and you are incredibly glad for this moment alone with Himchan, for however long it's going to last.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A.N.

Hey guys. Longg timee noo seee. 

I was rereading this story the other day it's just so cheesy and random it made me cringe, but if you guys like it then I'm happy to supply more <:)

Hope you like it~